FT scores and the table

Virtuoso

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to beat them next week, get within a couple of points of them and then see how they cope with pressure, something they haven't really had to deal with in recent times. 

Of course it would still depend on us not dropping points and going on a run something after last night I'm not too optimistic about.

49 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

As I said on the so called laugh at the tarriers thread..This League ain't over by a long chalk..Get a win next week and we can see how they cnuts handle a wee bit of pressure..Yes I am perhaps a little too optimistic but that is genuinely how I feel..

Agreed, we're more than capable of beating celtic, but like I mentioned before it will probably be a high scoring game and that is because they will score a few past us, that's me going by what I've seen so far this season. However with that being said celtic don't look spectacular at the back and therefore Rangers can exploit that and hopefully we get a few goals.

Kenny is predicted to start given he's started every game so far as much as people won't want him to I predict him scoring, he has a knack for scoring against celtic, I don't know why, he just does. I also think Morelos will score and it'll be 2-2, Rangers may just grab the winner which may come from Dorrans, just my prediction.

We have to believe we can do it though, it's far from over and 5 points is nothing, if Rangers lose however I don't see Rangers challenging, if Rangers do win then yes.

57 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

We were done some favours today:

Screenshot_2017-09-16_at_16.58.30_-_Edit

Screenshot_2017-09-16_at_16.59.19_-_Edit

Definitely done favours but I wouldn't be surprised to see Aberdeen dropping points like this more often this season. What I've seen of them so far this season, albeit limited has not concerned me much at all.

32 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I would not be suprised if we get a result Saturday but we are nowhere near consistent enough to challenge.  Every  cunt  basically slipped up except the bheasts and that make yesterday's result all the harder,  we should be 1 pt begins Aberdeen and going to beat them to draw level on Saturday 

What we can't do is take another tanking ao we need to keep it tight and hit them on the break as If the full backs can't go galloping forward they as  will pick us off like the last time and looked like scoring every time they came forward in the second half. 

Yes, although celtic weren't really going to slip up at home against Ross County, defensively they're not that great, celtic will come up against better teams whom they no doubt will drop points to. Ross County looked shit. End of the day though it's not over until it is over and I will continue to believe in my team reversing this to challenge and when it is over, fair enough but I expect big progress this season from last.

24 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Second (and third) place has now become acceptable :sarcasm:

:megaanguish:

Depends what you mean by acceptable mate.

Don't think we should ever settle for second.

But at the same time given the circumstances I always felt 2nd was a more realistic expectation this season than first.

Is that realism = settling? Maybe.

But I'd rather that and assess players and manager against what I think we should realistically be achieving than unrealistically hope or demand without a logical basis for that belief.

The sooner folk realise we are a top six calibre, and look at how we improve from that, than think we are failing as the number 1 team, the better as far as I'm concerned.

We're no where near top 4, in fact if anything over the course of this season Rangers will pull further and further away from Hibs, likewise same with Motherwell, as for Aberdeen, well drawing 1-1 at home against Kilmarnock is hardly convincing, they're going to drop a lot more, in fact I see Motherwell beating them next week so Rangers need to exploit that.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They are but how come they play out their skins against us every time? I suppose it's a compliment in a way. :confused:

They don't though. That's the biggest myth in Scottish football I reckon. We make teams look better than what they are.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Folk that think we can win next week are living on the moon. 

We are fucking rank 

This, we can't beat hearts hibs or thistle with the shite they have playing for them, unless the vermin get a man sent off early on its going to be another defeat

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Depends what you mean by acceptable mate.

Don't think we should ever settle for second.

But at the same time given the circumstances I always felt 2nd was a more realistic expectation this season than first.

No, we shouldn't be settling for second (let alone Bears saying they'll accept 3rd) - but you mention circumstances and this post from elsewhere sums it up perfectly:

Far to much respect is given to what is nothing more than a slightly above average bheast team.

If we hadn't dropped needless points to Hibs (reffing issues aside), Hearts and Thistle then the table would look completely different.

Our incompetence flatters them and it's fcuking infuriating!!!!

In bold is what's getting me.

They are nothing special and first place is there for the taking - if only we had a manager who knew what the fuck he was doing with the team he put together.

I'm on record as saying Pedro should never have seen this season, let alone still be here after the Progres result - but excuses continue to be made as we trundle from one clusterfuck of a result to another.

They put five or six past us next weekend and he'll still be in a job come the next game - with further excuses being made.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

That was my viewpoint until last night mate.

A win last night would have been massive in terms of building character and applying pressure to that lot. 

A win at Ibrox next week after that could have been a turning point for both us (good) and celtic (for the worse)

But we fucked it. A season is won over several little battles/turning points like last night should have been, but as usual under Pedro we fail at the first hurdle. 

Spot on. 

19 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

We're no where near top 4, in fact if anything over the course of this season Rangers will pull further and further away from Hibs, likewise same with Motherwell, as for Aberdeen, well drawing 1-1 at home against Kilmarnock is hardly convincing, they're going to drop a lot more, in fact I see Motherwell beating them next week so Rangers need to exploit that.

No where near top 4?

Nowhere near top 4 in Scotland? We may pack it in now then.

We've fucked it. We shouldn't be dropping points at home at all and we shouldn't be dropping points at Partick.

A couple of draws away in edinburgh or Aberdeen and a few losses here and there are standard.

But after 6 games we've a 50% win rate. Not the stuff of a title winning team. We will do well for 2nd, this team is yet another powderpuff one with no directions.

Breaks my heart writing that because I'm always the optimist. But we're shite. And what makes it worse is they are shite as well. They're just no as shite.

Fuck the board. Fucking idiots. We needed a manager like McInnes, or McLeish. Get the basics rights and defend well.

Seasons fucked.

Last night was the most important game of the season so far. Now the scum can go into the old firm game relaxing knowing that any result and they will be ahead of us. Completely changes their attitude and outlook instead of them feeling pressure, they feel Fuck all.

Scunnered by this board and the team. Full backs, left wing, attacking midfielder and striker were absolutely imperative before the season started. He did well to get some of the players he did but to turn up his nose Naismith who would have been the link to midfield and attack is just absolutely stupid, no matter what folk think of him.

£3m for Pena and Herrera when we got have got Walker and Naismith for probably half that (going on reports) is just fucking insane. 

So we got a decent spine of the team and absolutely nothing else. 

Gutted.

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

I will put £10 on us tomorrow for the League. And donate half the winnings to the RM Erskine Appeal..If we fail to win it I will give £20 to the Erskine Appeal.. 

Let me know your odds and i'll double it and take your bet. This forum is my witness.

I stated this at the start of the season. We woukd regularly drop points here and there and fall further and further behind. I also predicted next week was meltdown day and from there i'd give Pedro 4-6 weeks.

I asked to sack him after the Progres game and get the best available manager. I'll say it now, sack him and get Frank de Boer