Rangers players who lived in your area or near you.

HeHaw

On 25/09/2017 at 16:59, kplfishtank said:

Ian Durrant lived across road from me.  Used to play on same teams before they found out I was shite :lol: 

Craighall Place?

Also, can you move this to Bears Den mate?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17 September 2017 at 15:19, HeHaw said:

I only know of one who stayed in my area (Mosspark) and that was Ronnie McKinnon and I am not 100% sure if he actually did. Anyone else have former players living in the same area as them?

Yes Ronnie did live in Mosspark and Dave Smith lived Jura Street /PRW when he signed 

Wee Doddy lived in the Jannies house his father in laws on Hinśhelwood across from Ibrox when he signed

Also Scott Symon ,Davie Kinnear on Dumbrek and Jimmy Baxter just off Terregles 

big Harold Davis   Lived just behind the Coplañd Rd end

my dad took me when I was a boy to show me lol

On 25 September 2017 at 16:57, kplfishtank said:

Alex gran lived in Kingston area just along from Kinning Park. He used to drink in the same pub as my Dad , still keeps in touch and sees him day of the orange parade in Glasgow 

Alex when he signed for The Rangers stayed in Jannies house across from Ibrox

Christines dad was the Jannie 

David Armour from KP 

On 25 September 2017 at 17:02, Turnberry18 said:

I had a few days off last week and got his book, just out of curiosity, after commenting on the thread; it's a great book by the way, his anecdotes are really informative about the world of football back then, away from the glamour and so on. The guy I spoke to said that Alex was in a BB team in Kinning Park, and that came up in the book. I think he would have been my favourite player in that Jock Wallace era; he just had something about him, which comes out in the book as well. 

Everyone in KP was in BB nine churches between Admiral Street and Ibrox Park 

Quite a few players past and present. Damascus Beasley lived across the road as did that Brazilian we got from Lazio in 3rd division. He and his family wandered around in massive jackets looking cold and miserable. 

fod,tav and Kiernan shared a house just down from me  and forrester stayed there to also chick young used to stayed house directly across the road and that pape linesman that chopped novos goal off up at sheep during Manchester season stays across from me aswell fucking rat phoned the police on my boys playing football in the street and I went right to his door and gave him dogs abuse and told him that its the fucking colour of the top and no the ball you don't like ya rabid bastard

Colin Henry lived just round the corner from my sister in a huge house, the black railings all round the house had hand painted thistles at the top instead of spikes.

Butcher,Drinkell, Gary Stevens and a few others all lived in and around the village.

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Quite a few players past and present. Damascus Beasley lived across the road as did that Brazilian we got from Lazio in 3rd division. He and his family wandered around in massive jackets looking cold and miserable. 

You must have got sick of the lights flashing and voices from heaven.

On 26/09/2017 at 18:20, Ivybank said:

Miller stayed in the mearns not far from me then moved to thorntonhall

Gough also stayed in the mearns a huge house overlooking the golf course

What course , the one one the mearns rd or Ayr rd, be in whitecraigs ?