Rangers players who lived in your area or near you.

HeHaw

Parents used to rent their house out and I had to go pick something up one day . Guy in his 50's opened the door and I noticed a big black and white framed picture on the wall of a Rangers player .

' Who's that ? ' says I 

' Me ' says he . 

' Who are you ? ' says I 

' Kai Johansen ' 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Derek Parlane (and his dad, Jimmy) just round the corner from me in the village.  Derek and his two brothers occasionally joined our kickabouts in the park.  His uncle also took our primary school football team and I used to deliver papers to his other uncle.  

Also, Bobby Brown and Walter Smith stay permanently in the town and Terry Butcher, Mark Hateley, Chris Woods, Brian Laudrup, Jonas Thern, Basil Boli, Jorg Albertz, Stefan Klos and Erik Bo Anderson all stayed in the town when they were at Ibrox.  Anderson stopped to watch a bowling match we were playing in at Helensburgh BC, and asked "what's this game?" :lol:

I've been on a night out with Derek Parlane and I used to work beside his brother Alastair

On 17/09/2017 at 21:32, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Kenny fucking Miller.  In Steven McManus flat in the Briggs.

Tierney recently bought here too. Tried and failed to keep it quiet. Hope he knows a glaziers, we all know what kids are like.

Used to see McCoist McCulloch Ferguson etc on the piss here rather than them living here.

That the flats up at Thomas muir where bus stop used to be?

Met Alex Rae in the pub on Ashton lane . He was on orange juice .

Met Arthur numan one Xmas in the same pub 

Alex Miller of volley at the midden  fame 1980 came to.my house when I was a boy with his mate who owned a butchers to get some meat from my dad who used to borrow some off Stakis.

Met John Greig when he was manager . I got knocked out in August 81 when I was 11 by running into a barrier in the east enclosure . My grandad wrote a letter to Rangers  and tgey got back with 2 complimentary tickets for the Aberdeen game just behind directors box and Greig came to see me.. 

Eric Caldow, captain of Rangers and Scotland and probably the best left back ever  to pull on the jersey. Although he lived in Cumnock just a few miles down the road, the rest of his family lived in Muirkirk and Eric played for Muirkirk Juniors before Joining Rangers.

Alex miller used to drive an ice cream van and deliver to my street in clydebank also I played for a team in Drumchapel and he gave us some mitre 5 balls strips and bibs he used to live just up from the peel if I remember right. And Andy gray used to drink in the pub just down from where I live every now and then.