Mccrorie...

Ryju84

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Was thinking about back 3 this morning on way to work.

How do you fit Tav & Candieas in tho?

Alnwick/Fod

Tav McCrorie Alves Cardoso Candieas

Jack

Dorrans   Pena

Morelos      Miller

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tierney forced an established full back in izaguirre out of that team. Neither he nor the bheasts have looked back.

If a player deserves and gets a chance and takes it then he should keep it.

I feel as a club we default to reputation or experience.

I'm not saying he now deserves to be a first team starter, but if in weeks and months ahead others form is poor and he steps in and plays like that then why should he not retain a jersey. Even over alves if needs be.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tierney forced an established full back in izaguirre out of that team. Neither he nor the bheasts have looked back.

If a player deserves and gets a chance and takes it then he should keep it.

I feel as a club we default to reputation or experience.

I'm not saying he now deserves to be a first team starter, but if in weeks and months ahead others form is poor and he steps in and plays like that then why should he not retain a jersey. Even over alves if needs be.

I agree. However i don't see him forcing out an established Portugues international at this point, barring injury to Alves. It may well be if we are winning games comfortably he introduces him much more.

What kind of annoys me with managers though is that after they throw in a young kid, there is a lot of hyperbole about how good they are - but in this lads case he was only used because of injury to someone else. If he is going to be the best we have seen in a long time, why is he only used in an emergency?

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I agree. However i don't see him forcing out an established Portugues international at this point, barring injury to Alves. It may well be if we are winning games comfortably he introduces him much more.

What kind of annoys me with managers though is that after they throw in a young kid, there is a lot of hyperbole about how good they are - but in this lads case he was only used because of injury to someone else. If he is going to be the best we have seen in a long time, why is he only used in an emergency?

I do agree.

But we do tend to see players come in, do well or really well, then fade out the picture.

A few get a run of games like Bates (Why I don't know) or Barjonas, but others like A Wilson just disappear altogether.

I'd just like to see players who play, do the job asked of them well, show form, get the opportunity that that performance should afford them.

We go the opposite way and I wonder if it gives more false hope than motivation. Pathway to the first team blah blah blah.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I do agree.

But we do tend to see players come in, do well or really well, then fade out the picture.

A few get a run of games like Bates (Why I don't know) or Barjonas, but others like A Wilson just disappear altogether.

I'd just like to see players who play, do the job asked of them well, show form, get the opportunity that that performance should afford them.

We go the opposite way and I wonder if it gives more false hope than motivation. Pathway to the first team blah blah blah.

Bates got a run because of injury and McCrorie being out on loan at the time.

Wilson and Barjonas are back with the U20s just now playing in the Academy Games project to aid their development instead of sitting on the bench most weeks (or dropping better players to put them in the team)

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bates got a run because of injury and McCrorie being out on loan at the time.

Wilson and Barjonas are back with the U20s just now playing in the Academy Games project to aid their development instead of sitting on the bench most weeks (or dropping better players to put them in the team)

Yeah get that.

But I'm not convinced any of our recent managers would keep them in the first team longer than necessary ie if an experienced player returned from injury.

Let's say Alves is out for several weeks and mccrorie covers well. I'm doubtful he would retain the jersey over alves on his return from injury which I think would be the wrong decision.

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Marcus Rashford got in the ManUtd team in similar circumstances.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah get that.

But I'm not convinced any of our recent managers would keep them in the first team longer than necessary ie if an experienced player returned from injury.

Let's say Alves is out for several weeks and mccrorie covers well. I'm doubtful he would retain the jersey over alves on his return from injury which I think would be the wrong decision.

Unless he's a better player than the more experienced option then I can see why they'd do that. 

No point bringing players in to bench them for kids who aren't a good yet. That's why we loan them out etc.

I get your point though and think over the last god knows how long we've neglected our youth dept

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Unless he's a better player than the more experienced option then I can see why they'd do that. 

No point bringing players in to bench them for kids who aren't a good yet. That's why we loan them out etc.

I get your point though and think over the last god knows how long we've neglected our youth dept

I'm more a believer in holding onto a jersey if doing well.

For instance, Alves has all the experience in the world but if Mccrorie got a run of games and performed well then to me he deserves to stay and learn more in the role than make way for the returning player.

He'll learn more, develop better, and get used to the pressure of performing or lose his place he's fought hard for.

And alves would need to get performing in training to show he's the man and deserves a jersey.

Until performances warrant a change to the next more deserving player ie alves again.

Win win.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm more a believer in holding onto a jersey if doing well.

For instance, Alves has all the experience in the world but if Mccrorie got a run of games and performed well then to me he deserves to stay and learn more in the role than make way for the returning player.

He'll learn more, develop better, and get used to the pressure of performing or lose his place he's fought hard for.

And alves would need to get performing in training to show he's the man and deserves a jersey.

Until performances warrant a change to the next more deserving player ie alves again.

Win win.

Depends on why the player dropped out to start really. If he goes out because of injury you run the risk of unhappy senior players because they've been bombed out for getting hurt. If the young player was deserving, in theory, he'd be in the team already and not simply because someone else got injured.

It's a really difficult one tbh. There's normally a reason why a senior player is signed over promoting a youngster, particularly someone like Alves who brings all sorts of experience to the side.

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Depends on why the player dropped out to start really. If he goes out because of injury you run the risk of unhappy senior players because they've been bombed out for getting hurt. If the young player was deserving, in theory, he'd be in the team already and not simply because someone else got injured.

It's a really difficult one tbh. There's normally a reason why a senior player is signed over promoting a youngster, particularly someone like Alves who brings all sorts of experience to the side.

But you don't know how good the younger player could be unless you give that opportunity he's never had before. Again unfortunately like the bheast full back scenario.

Football is about opportunities.

If you drop out due to injuries and your replacement does well then surely it's tough titty for the player returning.

All hypothetical ?

1 hour ago, steven33jackie said:

No pressure then,  already earmarked him to be one of the best centre half's in Scottish history...the just ease yourself into the team and play the simple ball mentality doesn't exist with Pedro. :huh: :digging:

eh

12 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Reminds me of a more mobile Paolo Maldini

He did look very solid and composed.

Early days and without getting carried away.

The lad reminds me a certain former c.b & captain Richard Gough.

If he ends up half as good as him we will have player.

4 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

No pressure then,  already earmarked him to be one of the best centre half's in Scottish history...the just ease yourself into the team and play the simple ball mentality doesn't exist with Pedro. :huh: :digging:

:lol::lol::lol: The fuck he said that.  He said that McCrorie was not only the future of the club but also this country. Nothing more nothing less. 

1 minute ago, sonofbear said:

:lol::lol::lol: The fuck he said that.  He said that McCrorie was not only the future of the club but also this country. Nothing more nothing less. 

:lol: that's the same thing ya nutjob ... if your the club and countries future, then by sheer definition your the countries best? 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

:lol: that's the same thing ya nutjob ... if your the club and countries future, then by sheer definition your the countries best? 

and that's hardly the best centre half in Scottish History is it sandshoe boy ?  :lol: But hey yeah. Lets just make more shite up about our manager.