*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

31 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Got a feeling it will be Miller where Pena is but hoping its where Windass is but good to have options.

You might be right in terms of Miller. he will run about a lot - but is he effective playing just behind Morelos? I dont think he is.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Barring injury I see this as the starting 11. I see no reason to bring Miller back in - Pena scored and done reasonably well otherwise and I would start him. He has more chance of opening up defences in that number 10 role than Miller.

Its a far stronger 11 than last year, when Pedro was essentially playing with MWs team, they have bedded in relatively quickly, its a team thats scoring and now its time to show the fans what they are made of.

Rangers celtic starting 11 template.gif

think if we start with pena and windass we are 2 men down right away we need players who can run all day and battle for everything these 2 wont do that

When Miller plays supposedly as a number 10 he ends up taking the cunt right out it and ends up running with the ball between the two centre-halves. At the same time, is Pena up to the aggression and pace of this game? Or do we opt with Herrera up top with Morelos as a front two?

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

You might be right in terms of Miller. he will run about a lot - but is he effective playing just behind Morelos? I dont think he is.

If alves is out then dropping Miller would leave Pedro with only one of his 5 "captains" playing. Honestly think we need to steel ourselves for Miller starting, as painful as it may be.

Just now, billscott said:

think if we start with pena and windass we are 2 men down right away we need players who can run all day and battle for everything these 2 wont do that

whats your team then mate? I dont rate Windass, but theres nobody else  - and i think Pena is far more suited to that No.10 role than Miller. I certainly don't think he is a man down.

1 minute ago, billscott said:

Who is there realistically that can start on the left ahead of Windass though? Kranjcar, John (because he'll play left-back), and you could even say Liam Burt are all unavailable. Fuck throwing Nemane or Dalcio in there. Windass really is the only option.

Just now, Essandoh said:

Who is there realistically that can start on the left ahead of Windass though? Kranjcar, John (because he'll play left-back), and you could even say Liam Burt are all unavailable. Fuck throwing Nemane or Dalcio in there. Windass really is the only option.

you can play hodgson at left back with john in left midfield  john has the pace to break forward and also help out the full back  we are going to need that on sat  playing people like windass will leave us wide open and we will get humped this is a day for keeping it tight and hitting them on the break

you can play hodgson at left back with john in left midfield  john has the pace to break forward and also help out the full back  we are going to need that on sat  playing people like windass will leave us wide open and we will get humped this is a day for keeping it tight and hitting them on the break

You could easily argue that Hodson will leave us wide open at left-back. Regardless of who starts on that left-flank, Dorrans and Jack are going to have to protect the defence something awful.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

whats your team then mate? I dont rate Windass, but theres nobody else  - and i think Pena is far more suited to that No.10 role than Miller. I certainly don't think he is a man down.

i dont rate pena at the moment he might come good  i suspect if he starts on sat this forum will be full on sat night of people saying how hopeless he was  hope i am wrong  but the game will be too fast for him

i dont rate pena at the moment he might come good  i suspect if he starts on sat this forum will be full on sat night of people saying how hopeless he was  hope i am wrong  but the game will be too fast for him

I think it will be too fast for him for the first 10 minutes - just as the Partick game was. But I would hope it settles down a bit thereafter.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

You could easily argue that Hodson will leave us wide open at left-back. Regardless of who starts on that left-flank, Dorrans and Jack are going to have to protect the defence something awful.

hodgson will be ok  if he stays as a left back  he can defend  it is when he tries to push forward he loses the place  our first priority on sat should s be  to stop them playing  lets have a walter smith type of tight defence and win 1 nil    dont think pedro is capable of setting that up

Pena's late runs into the box could be key. I suspect that Morelos will occupy both centre-halves because they know how dangerous he is in the box. This might leave some space in behind for Pena to take advantage of. He's got better every game he's played. This would be the day to go that extra step better.

4 minutes ago, RAFREG said:

I'd drop Windass. Push Dorrans forward directly onto Broonaldo. And bring Rossiter in if fit to play in between defence and midfield. And give Jack a free role. 

?

He has been fucking excellent in his current role, why change that?

4 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Let's not play dumb; that PSG side would put 200 past us over 90 minutes.

In Europe, the tarriers are woeful. If they were in the English Premier League, they would be relegation contenders.

In Scotland, however, they're lightyears ahead of everything, including us. They put 15 past us in 5 games, for fuck's sake.

They're still unbeaten, domestically, and while we twice failed to beat bottom-of-the-league Partick Thistle over 90 minutes, they went up to Dens Park and leathered them 4-0, extending their unbeaten run to however fucking many.

Pedro's side, alone, have put us through so much pain that I have zero optimism left under the man.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that points towards a Rangers win on Saturday. I want nothing more than to enjoy an Old Firm game again, but this side doesn't have it in them to beat them, in my opinion. That's why I want Pedro out.

a very poor astana side turned the scum over and in fact were leading them by 4 -1 at some point in the match.i say again if astana can turn them over then i am sure Rangers can too

Im optimistic about Saturday . They've written is off .. 

I remember going to their boggin hole when venglos was manager and we had numan gio  etc and they had a worse side than ours now. I remember in the boozer and we were all giving it 4.0 5.0 6.0 . This will be a piss take. 

They pumped us 5.1 . An easy 5.1 at that . Anything's possible.

5 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Im optimistic about Saturday . They've written is off .. 

I remember going to their boggin hole when venglos was manager and we had numan gio  etc and they had a worse side than ours now. I remember in the boozer and we were all giving it 4.0 5.0 6.0 . This will be a piss take. 

They pumped us 5.1 . An easy 5.1 at that . Anything's possible.

I have said it since they gubbed us at Ibrox none of our players should be allowing brown and thumb to parade around our home turf, noising fans up is one thing but it was goading on a level where a fan took it on himself due to our weak players at the time.

I don't see those 2 pricks getting away with it this time or any scarf to posts shite and I hope the atmosphere is phosphorus that there wee arses are twitching even at the thought of taking a corner or a shy. Look at that cunt last night one knee to the back and he let the next ball go out.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If alves is out then dropping Miller would leave Pedro with only one of his 5 "captains" playing. Honestly think we need to steel ourselves for Miller starting, as painful as it may be.

if he starts up top i have no problems with this, one of - if not the only player - who understands what the OF is about.

Start him and sub him if hes terrible.

2 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

I have said it since they gubbed us at Ibrox none of our players should be allowing brown and thumb to parade around our home turf, noising fans up is one thing but it was goading on a level where a fan took it on himself due to our weak players at the time.

I don't see those 2 pricks getting away with it this time or any scarf to posts shite and I hope the atmosphere is phosphorus that there wee arses are twitching even at the thought of taking a corner or a shy. Look at that cunt last night one knee to the back and he let the next ball go out.

i think we could win by a freak goal but i don't think any of our players understand the hatred or mentality needed for these games. They should be frothing at the mouth and punching the walls waiting to get tore into these scummy cunts but they'll probbaly be more interested in making sure their hair looks ok for the cameras.

i honestly hope that if we're taking a heavy defeat we take out a few of their scumbag bastards for all their scarf tying , flag planting pish in previous years with us and others.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

i think we could win by a freak goal but i don't think any of our players understand the hatred or mentality needed for these games. They should be frothing at the mouth and punching the walls waiting to get tore into these scummy cunts but they'll probbaly be more interested in making sure their hair looks ok for the cameras.

i honestly hope that if we're taking a heavy defeat we take out a few of their scumbag bastards for all their scarf tying , flag planting pish in previous years with us and others.

A quick Terry Hurlock lesson or Rino on how to fucking tackle with venom should be put in place as a weekly session.

3 hours ago, ZZed said:

Could you change your name to Negative as fuck, or Sad Sack . You are wanting Rangers to lose so you can moan about Pedro.

You're just as daft as him.

He's hitting out with "we can do this, PSG made them look shite" and yet you find issue with me being realistic? :lol:

You're misjudging negativity for reality.

1 hour ago, seville calculators said:

a very poor astana side turned the scum over and in fact were leading them by 4 -1 at some point in the match.i say again if astana can turn them over then i am sure Rangers can too

A very, very poor Progrès turned us over, for fuck's sake. The difference is the tarriers won the first leg 5-0.

Madness, honestly. It's on the verge of delusion.

I'm becoming very conscious of appearing like I want us to lose - I don't  - but some of the shite being spouted goes beyond optimism. It's as if no-one watched those two games against Partick.