*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

26 minutes ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

Fod

Tav   Cardoso  McCrorrie  John

Candeias Jack Dorrans

Miller             Windass

Buffalo

that will be the team. Not sure it will be set up like that - but that's the personnel

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

i think we have a decent squad. results lie with the manager.  Another thing i  noticed against partick, we looked fucked in second half. 

Decent is a word that can be spun,  we played decent but got beat 4-0, we are a decent squad but will finish a distant second/third.

We have a under strength squad with no substantial backup to even turn a game never mind replace senior players.

Pedro is struggling, but it wasn't him that squandered chances against Thistle.

3 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Decent is a word that can be spun,  we played decent but got beat 4-0, we are a decent squad but will finish a distant second/third.

We have a under strength squad with no substantial backup to even turn a game never mind replace senior players.

Pedro is struggling, but it wasn't him that squandered chances against Thistle.

nearly every goal that scored against us is on the counter attack, why the fuck has this not been addressed ?  4-5-1 tmrw for me. and hope the fuck we get a result. flood the midfield. 

2 hours ago, saltire266 said:

What hope do youths have with cunts like you expecting Neymar levels as soon as they first kick a ball!

Hold on a wee minute, different between Neymar level and absolute stupidity. Everyone gets a fair crack until they don't take their chance. He failed miserably.

That was unforgivable what that boy did if he was under 10s on a Sunday never mind at Ibrox against them. Struggle to think of a poorer decision by a player on a football park in all my life.

2 hours ago, Cheddy said:

I don't know off the top of my head of a goal conceded, and I never said he had conceded so no peddling by me,  but it is always a very nervous moment.  No matter the keeper I don't feel comfortable with a back pass when playing a high pressing team. 

I get what your saying but I think majority of Ibrox gets nervy because they aren't used to this style. Sometimes Wes doesn't look great doing what he does with the ball at his feet but it's been over 2 years now without any errors that have lead to a goal. That's not bad going considering how often he's put in the position to make a mess of it. 

Think it's time people give him benefit of the doubt, I've no concerns what so ever with his distribution. Sometimes he is caught positional wise but that's something that can be worked on. 

50 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

We have some right wallopers in our support. Imagine sending this to a current first team player the day before an old firm game.

image.jpg

His twitter name refers to West Bromich Albion i presume... wouldnt say he is a real Rangers fan.

43 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Fod

Tav Cardoso McCrorie John

Candeias Jack Dorrans Miller

Windass

Morelos

I am pretty sure that will be the team  if Alves is out.

That is horrendous. Fragile back 4, mediocre midfield, a coward in the hole and Morelos isolated. Let's hope the manager can come up with someone a little better mate. 

2 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

That is horrendous. Fragile back 4, mediocre midfield, a coward in the hole and Morelos isolated. Let's hope the manager can come up with someone a little better mate. 

I genuinely think that will be his team, the only thing i think up for debate is whether he starts Pena or Windass.

What would you suggest mate? We need 5 in midfield, if he cant see that then he is more of an idiot than he seems.

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

This assumes John is fit?

Wilson not sure where hes at.

I would put holt in place of windass. More fight and passion which is required

The mexican in place of miller.

But also i fear both windass & miller will start

4 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

I genuinely think that will be his team, the only thing i think up for debate is whether he starts Pena or Windass.

What would you suggest mate? We need 5 in midfield, if he cant see that then he is more of an idiot than he seems.

Windass has no place in a match like this. He has shown his true colours this season, not only is he shite but he hides when we are up against it. 

I want to see Jack holding with Rossiter, is he still fit? If so then Candeias, Dorrans and Pena in front of those 2.  I am genuinely thinking 541 or 352 depending if we have the ball or not. All our big hitters need to play, that means no Windass or Holt. Both contribute nothing. I am looking at the squad assembled including all the new signing and the options are still very limited. What on earth did we do in the summer? Far too many passengers in that squad and i include new signings in that too. 

At $5m Pena and Herrera must surely be ready for this tmrw, that kind of money is not for them to cameo against the Thistles and Dundees. 

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I am sure that he will.

I hope so. 

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

This assumes John is fit?

Wilson not sure where hes at.

I would put holt in place of windass. More fight and passion which is required

The mexican in place of miller.

But also i fear both windass & miller will start

Indeed. 

Me neither but we do know he is poor. 

I am not sold by this fight and passion from Holt, i don't see that at all. 

Pena wide left? I would rather Dorrans was out there. His delivery is excellent and if we could somehow get Herrera and Morelos on the park together with delivery from with from Candeias and Dorrans we could cause them problems, or rather should. 

I don't think Pedro would be stupid enough to start Windass. Not on recent form. He is really struggling. Miller, if it's striker then fair enough but if he even tries to drop him into midfield or on the left flank...........

Finished work a bit early today but still the shift didn't half drag like fuck :lol:

Absolutely buzzing for this tomorrow!! 

Fuck knows about the line up at this point - I'm worried about Windass and Miller ruining any chance we have. I'd like to see Pena start and Miller on the bench (we'll probably have to start Windass sadly). Happy enough with McCrorie and John in the back line though. 

tims are "optimistic" boyata and simunovic will be fit enough to start tomorrow, and dembele's back too, so it looks like they have pretty much a full squad.