*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, theweebluenose said:

Miller is definitely starting, I hope Pedro isn't daft enough to handicap us further by staring Niko as well.

Let's hope not mate a win tomorrow could save Pedros job and make us finally believe in him as manager.

15 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Windass has no place in a match like this. He has shown his true colours this season, not only is he shite but he hides when we are up against it. 

I want to see Jack holding with Rossiter, is he still fit? If so then Candeias, Dorrans and Pena in front of those 2.  I am genuinely thinking 541 or 352 depending if we have the ball or not. All our big hitters need to play, that means no Windass or Holt. Both contribute nothing. I am looking at the squad assembled including all the new signing and the options are still very limited. What on earth did we do in the summer? Far too many passengers in that squad and i include new signings in that too. 

At $5m Pena and Herrera must surely be ready for this tmrw, that kind of money is not for them to cameo against the Thistles and Dundees. 

I am not saying that would  be my team, I just think he will go with something similar to Partick in terms of lineup based on what is available.

I am pretty sure Rossiter is injured? (surprise, surprise), Wilson was injured for the Partick games too, so if he isn't fit then it rules out the 3-5-2.

We looked woefully short in depth and this was always going to be a problem, we always hit injuries before playing them as well (I remember back in the day it was a bad thing Waghorn and Forrester and Kranjcar were out :lol:)

Based on that I don't think he has any choice but to go 4-5-1 and I would start Pena before Windass but I feel the game will completely pass him by given the tempo and Pedro will think the same, hoping if the game is still there to be won he would bring Pena on at 60 mins. Candeias will work hard on the right but the whole left side is a major problem and will be exposed.

Just now, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

I am not saying that would  be my team, I just think he will go with something similar to Partick in terms of lineup based on what is available.

I am pretty sure Rossiter is injured? (surprise, surprise), Wilson was injured for the Partick games too, so if he isn't fit then it rules out the 3-5-2.

We looked woefully short in depth and this was always going to be a problem, we always hit injuries before playing them as well (I remember back in the day it was a bad thing Waghorn and Forrester and Kranjcar were out :lol:)

Based on that I don't think he has any choice but to go 4-5-1 and I would start Pena before Windass but I feel the game will completely pass him by given the tempo and Pedro will think the same, hoping if the game is still there to be won he would bring Pena on at 60 mins. Candeias will work hard on the right but the whole left side is a major problem and will be exposed.

These are issues we faced last season and knew were there all summer and done nothing about. That to me is gutting and really not good enough. As i said, what the hell did we actually do in the summer? Are we any further forward? The surrenders to them last season should have been watersheds, i don't think we could completely rule out another mauling tmrw. And that is down to the board and manager for mismanaging the last transfer window. 

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

A weak link for me would be Windass, just doesn't have enough dig for games like this. He probably will start though won't he? 

Suspect the first time he gets the ball one of them will clatter him straight away hoping to get a reaction or to make him climb into his shell for the rest of the game.

He's the biggest weakness in our team, would even play Miller in that position before him.

15 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

Suspect the first time he gets the ball one of them will clatter him straight away hoping to get a reaction or to make him climb into his shell for the rest of the game.

He's the biggest weakness in our team, would even play Miller in that position before him.

With Rossiter apparently injured.

I would play Holt. Rather than miller or Windass.

26 minutes ago, Swagger said:

I want them to know they have been in a game regardless of the outcome. Sick of them coming to Ibrox and watching us stand off them. They’ve had it far too easy for too long

I saw their PSG game from the 60th min onwards. They were struggling to run and lego muncher was huffing and puffing.

Cant wait for that to happen again one day when playing us.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

These are issues we faced last season and knew were there all summer and done nothing about. That to me is gutting and really not good enough. As i said, what the hell did we actually do in the summer? Are we any further forward? The surrenders to them last season should have been watersheds, i don't think we could completely rule out another mauling tmrw. And that is down to the board and manager for mismanaging the last transfer window. 

Not his biggest fan at all but I think Pedro has tried to do something in the summer to combat those issues, we were never going to sort everything in one window. If anything, im actually surprised he got rid of so many of the flops from Warburton and spent as much as we did.

The transfer window went as well as any realistic fan could have expected, some of the players havent hit the heights expected of them yet but 1 positive in Pedro is how we handled this summers window.

Cant rule out another mauling tomorrow though, that I agree with. 

23 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The team should be

Fod

Tav Cardoso Alves Hodson

Candeias Jack Dorrans John

Pena 

Morelos

With Pena making it a midfield 5 without the ball. 

Unfortunately I think it'll be 

Fod

Tav Cardoso Alves Hodson

Candeias Jack Dorrans Windass 

Miller 

Morelos

That team gets pumped cause were basically playing with 9 men starting Windass and Miller

That first team for me (mcrorrie for alves now ) 

Hard working players on the wings who will defend . Undoubtedly the biggest threat from then is down either wing . Jack sitting in front of the back 4 . Let dorrans try n control the midfield n stop that Lego eating prick from strolling about . Pena trying to support morelos.  Wee bit of unpredictably about him . In morelos we have a genuine goal threat again .

Defence will have to have the game of their lives . We can't switch off for a minute and we need to take our chances . Very hard ask right now , but do able   

2-1 Pena , morelos

Is Alves out? Is John also out? When the hell do we get luck?  Seems to have deserted us since the demotion to division 3. Bad enough playing these scummy smelly tramps if everyone was fit now we could lose our key players and have that prick Thompson as referee. Wonderful.

With Bruno out, we need 3 centre backs more than ever for this game, two wing backs - Tav and John, and Jack as anchor.

McCrorie                 Cardosa                Wilson

Jack

Tavernier                                                                                                 John

Just now, baxterboy said:

With Bruno out, we need 3 centre backs more than ever for this game, two wing backs - Tav and John, and Jack as anchor.

McCrorie                 Cardosa                Wilson

Jack

Tavernier                                                                                                 John

John.is out