*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

19 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Yes they hammered us last season but feel that is squinting views a little bit. We also drew 1-1 at parkhead. We've a much better team than last year who are still finding their feet. Can get a decent result here and kick start our season 

1-1 Morelos. 

I don't know if we've improved since last year to be honest, yes we've got better players in that respect but we're still conceding soft goals and not really putting our chances away. We've had 4 90 minute results that have ended 2-3, 0-0, 2-2 and 1-1. I guess we won't know until Saturday.

Law of averages mean they have to lose a game sooner or later got a feeling we might just sneak this one.

Think we'll go with 5 in midfield to match up with them also suspect Miller will start the game maybe in the roll Pena played last night.

One things for sure we can't start Windass he's liable to do something stupid and get sent off especially the way elbows Brown is given a free reign to do what he wants in these games.

I think with the players we have available it will have to be three at the back.

I'd go something like:

Wes

Cardoso Alves Wilson

Tav   Dorrans Jack Holt John

Pena

Morales

Would maybe consider starting Herrera if Pena isn't fully fit, at least he would give us an option to go long when necessary and maybe ask their defence some questions in stages that we don't have a lot of the ball.  

1 hour ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I think with the players we have available it will have to be three at the back.

I'd go something like:

Wes

Cardoso Alves Wilson

Tav   Dorrans Jack Holt John

Pena

Morales

Would maybe consider starting Herrera if Pena isn't fully fit, at least he would give us an option to go long when necessary and maybe ask their defence some questions in stages that we don't have a lot of the ball.  

Probably the team I'd go with. Then Miller on for Peña with half an hour to go.

I think we could have a right go at them and be solid at the back if we went 3-5-2 - Team below obviously depending on injuries. Windass and Miller will be good for impact subs

Fod

Mccrorie/Hodson Cardoso Alves 

Tav      Jack        Pena    Dorrans      Candeias/John

Morelos   Herrera

1 minute ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

C'mon The Sons Of William

Any win will do

Fear the worst but I certainly live in hope

Worse teams have beat them in shitey wee places if we can stop Brown and thumb parading like they own the place thats a good starter for us.

Foderingham, Tavernier, John, Alves, Cardoso, Jack, Dorrans, Candeias, Windass, Miller & Morelos.

That'll be the starting line-up, 100%.

I honestly can't bear another pumping. That'll probably tip me over the edge, so here's hoping. However, the two games against Partick have filled me with nothing but disappointment.

After watching Bruno Alves for what must be well over a decade I would love to see from him one of those champions league, international cup performances where he punts Griffiths in to the stands early and often. I could see a man of his experience, praying he is fit, knowing exactly how to deal with a rabid like him.

5 minutes ago, highlander05 said:

After watching Bruno Alves for what must be well over a decade I would love to see from him one of those champions league, international cup performances where he punts Griffiths in to the stands early and often. I could see a man of his experience, praying he is fit, knowing exactly how to deal with a rabid like him.

He couldny deal with Sammon ?