*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Of course we deserve it.

We've had about 3 shots, only 1 on target, been isolated in the middle of the park, celtic look like the home team and bossed us in the final third. 

They're the better team by miles. 

I don't think there's any objective measure we're ahead on.

More saves by the keeper, maybe?

2 minutes ago, SouthamptonGer said:

I disagree. A team with injuries denied a stonewall penalty and a goal by a decent save from a Morelos header. Game could be so different.

Also to add - 7 Old Firm debutants for us today? We can't keep changing Manager and Squad every season. This team are a million miles better than in recent years and deserve the chance to better themselves.

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

I don't know what else people expect from Pedro as manager? He can organise them as much as you like but look at Sinclair, we would bite our hand off for him or that Roberts fella, just better players than ours, better defenders etc. It's a players issue. 

Couldn't agree more m8.:tu:

It's difficult but everyone needs to calm down.

We are missing two first choice defenders today, Alves being for me our key man in a game like this. We are still building/improving the squad and don't yet have the depth to cope with key injuries in big games.

We should have had a penalty first half, Gordon has made a great point blank save second half.....we're second best today but not miles away. 

As others have said the key difference is final third....they have Sinclair, Roberts, griffiths and dembele in reserve. We don't have that yet and it's the one area we failed to really improve in summer. If we do that we'll be a lot closer.

First choice defenders all injured. Young lad coming in doing a great job for us. We should be closer but need a bit more luck and money, depth of squad, more quality. Anything we got from today was going to be a miracle. celtic will be hammered mid-week in Europe though.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yes he could. celtic are nothing special. We have a team of shite bags and a clueless manager.

I disagree. We can be as staunch as we like but they are fucking streets ahead. We howl at the moon whenever folk say it and even call our ex players seek outs for saying. The harsh reality is it’s the truth.