*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Miller actually missed an open net after the whistle had gone.

And there's the other ongoing problem - the majority of this team (apart from El Buffalo and one or two others) couldn't score if their family's lives depended on it.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Again, who's spent 8-million on these players in the summer? who's responsible for a team that can't win 3 games in a row? it's down to the players again his team his players.

We were told it's his team now so why are the goalpostings moving? it's ridiculous. 

I agree we need more investment but we need a more capable manager first and foremost. 

What's 8 million gonna get you in terms of a challenging squad when we needed to replace virtually everyone?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Your kinda missing the point ..

A good manager makes the full-backs a priority position in the summer. Pedro didn't.
A good manager doesn't sign someone like Cardoso for 1.2 million in another key area. A footballing center half with no physical presence.
He's the manager that awarded Foderingham with a new contract and dropped Alnwick despite playing a blinder midweek.

I am looking at the bench and I am looking at our team. It's his team. That's my whole point. He get's judged now IT'S HIS TEAM.

Not missing the point, hear what you’re saying, but he had a Budget and had to use it wisely. Money on a LB (we signed one and he looked ok the other night then got injured) or a RB (Tav has been fine today) = no Morelos maybe. 

The problem is the board didn’t invest enough and they need to fuck off or this is going to be the situation for years. 

I’m sure if Pedro was given £20m he’d have signed fullbacks, replaced Wilson and a LM.

1 minute ago, SouthamptonGer said:

Far from it.

Just not deluded in my expectations of the current squad.

aye we are slightly better than last season as in not getting a right pumping so have improved can't wait for another five or six years when we can maybe win at least one of the games against them..

5 minutes ago, SouthamptonGer said:

Not normally one for picking up on shite but that is bollocks. Did you not see any of the OF Games last year or something?

Fuck the doomsayers. Massive improvement and commitment as far as I am concerned. A stronger squad for us and this is within reach for us.

Viva la Pedro!!

Most things they hit last year went in - only massive self indulgence by their wingers has kept it as tight as this.

Another game against them and as usual feeling shite.

This will never change until we get people running our club who are as angry and as disappointed as everyone posting here and at Ibrox. We need proper investment and it cannot come from King & Co, they do not have the desire or money needed.

What a sad situation our great Club is in. :depressed:

14 minutes ago, SouthamptonGer said:

Not normally one for picking up on shite but that is bollocks. Did you not see any of the OF Games last year or something?

Fuck the doomsayers. Massive improvement and commitment as far as I am concerned. A stronger squad for us and this is within reach for us.

Viva la Pedro!!

Last season we were getting absolutely pumped and lost 5 goals on a couple of occasions.  Today, half our defence is missing, but we've have made a good fist of it.  celtic are still the better team but we've certainly improved.  What we need now is a quality attacking option over on that left side, and perhaps one to operate in a more central area.  We're getting there but it'll inevitably take time.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We Are better than last season is that good enough is it fuck. It's work in progress. Now am away to get steaming (almost there)

On sheer passion and loyalty no it is not enough. But after everything we have done versus their CL slush fund is it THAT bad? That us the real question a lot of people need to ask themselves.

We are up against an unhindered team for the last 7 years.

I fucking hate this as much as anyone  but I am looking for signs of improvement and I have to say I see some.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Again, who's spent 8-million on these players in the summer? who's responsible for a team that can't win 3 games in a row? it's down to the players again his team his players.

We were told it's his team now so why are the goalpostings moving? it's ridiculous. 

I agree we need more investment but we need a more capable manager first and foremost. 

i would take deboer