*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly. This has been my main point for ages now.

People can criticise the style of football he served up all they want, but Smith knew how to manage Rangers.

I know people come with the "yeah but he had money that nobody has had since argument" but Smith also showed that he can organise a team and make them difficult to beat when he was managing Scotland and he had average players like Gary Naysmith, Christian Dailly, Steven Pressley & Gary Caldwell to choose from.

I'd give anything, absolutely anything, to have a manager with his mentality and mindset at the club just now.

1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

The players this season are better than last.  We knew it would be a long process . 

We can't have a long process how long do you think we can all put up with getting constantly beat and them winning the league year in year out,I've fucking had enough of it all ready.

3 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

What's 8 million gonna get you in terms of a challenging squad when we needed to replace virtually everyone?

Depends on how it's spent but I'd hope you'd agree, it should be enough to win 3 games in a row in the Scottish league or see of Progres of Luxembourg ... then again, maybe not - the excuses that come pouring out in defence of Pedro on here is mind numbing.

2 minutes ago, jim beam said:

aye we are slightly better than last season as in not getting a right pumping so have improved can't wait for another five or six years when we can maybe win at least one of the games against them..

Mate I feel your pain I really do but unless our board spend more in January can we really, honestly, expect to turn this around against a bunch of cunts who have had everything go their way the last 7 years?

This is not Pedro' doing. That is all I want to get across really.

8 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

i would take deboer 

That's the last thing we need at the moment.

I've had my fill of experiments with managers who want to reinvent the wheel by talking shite and trying to play fancy, pretty football.

It might be a cliche but we need a British manager in the Pulis, Smith, Allardyce or Hughes mould.