*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Were going to need to score 3 to win this. 

I think we'll start and score first but if it goes the way our games normally go by the 70th minute the tide will have turned and we'll be chasing the game and get beat. If were going to have a breather for 10 minutes let them have the ball in their half and stay high up the park, instead of playing offside on our own 18 yard box inviting pressure on, we can't close out 1-0 games yet. It's clearly a tactic Pedro wants to use and when it works it is the making of a title winning team but we need to learn how to do it and we are learning but this isn't the game to do it

I think its down to how we defend.need to have a good shape with the back four and two sitting midfielders.

Hopefully press higher up pitch and no invite them on to us as dont think we re good enough to sit back and soke up pressure 

Think cardoso is bang average so far and although bruno looks class on the ball and looks as if he is strolling it, ive no been impressed with his actual defending. This should be a game he thrives in

Cannot concede early.then we never know what can happen.must get in their faces and keep discipline.definetly can score a few against these cunts

I watched the match last night on RTV, maybe it's possible for Pena to be right for this game;  his use of the ball was quite good at times. My concern is the pace of this game, and whether he would be up for that, but only one way to find out. I'd have a middle five, a back four, and one up front.  I'd give serious thought to Hodson being LB, and John in front of his as well. Drop Windass.

The chances teams are creating against them are criminal. Their defence is dodgy as fuck and is their big weakness.

Attacking is their strength.

That's why the midfield battle is so so crucial. Match it then it's game on. Dominate it and we play the game in their half which will result in chances we have to take.

We need 5 in midfield. The outside 2 with pace. The 3 in the middle able to get stuck in. I wouldn't mind Pena being one of the 3 as he can also be an extra man going forward quickly.

442 is a huge risk. As Thistle and Hivs have already shown.

We need to turn this game into a battle and hopefully we have Alves back for it. Going by refs so far we will be a man down within 60mins if they are not winning so we need them to lose the rag which means in Browns face do not give him an inch to even look at our fans.

Think the problem we have is Pedro genuinely believes we have the ability to go toe to toe with these cunts, from what we've seen so far this season, that's just simply not true.

Fod

Cardoso Alves McCrorie

Tav Jack Dorrans Pena John

Morelos Herrera

Drop into a 5 when we don't have the ball, make it as difficult as possible for them. Cut out their supply from the wings and we can win.

8 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Changed my team about 10x but think I'd go this

Fod

Tav Cardoso Alves Hodson

Candeias Holt Jack Dorrans John

Morelos

Was tough between Holt and Pena but went for Holt. Just.

Same 10 as I currently think is strongest and same 2 im not sure on.

Think we were better when Pena was on but fell out the game when he went off. But then a lot of that was as much down to morelos appearing knackered and the ball repeatedly coming back at us as it was Holts performance (decent imo).

Will likely all change again once we find out about injuries in the presser.

I quite like the fact that with Holt we know exactly what we're getting; the good and the bad, but we know that he will give us energy, and not give them a minute's peace on the ball; with Jack and Dorrans having their first game in this that might be no bad thing. It may have been no accident that Holt got game time the other night, so he might play.