Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

Oh yes it is, that's how Rangers got nine in a row, the best go to the best teams with the best pay, those bastards have the money to scupper any future signings not to mention the English premier and the championship, but carry on with your pipe dream.

If Morelos keeps scoring he will be away, maybe as soon as January, then who will score the goals, bring back MOH!!!.

I accept money is important but the money available to celtic is limited and not enough alone to make us uncompetitive.

We need a really good manager, good tactics and the correct signings to make a difference.

The simple fact is we need a manager who has a proven track record of taking teams on a winning run especially at home. 

Pedro can't win 3 on the bounce, let that sink in ffs. We can't win 3 games in a row and we think it's going to get better.

I don't see any progress in terms of a style of play or footballing ethos designed to get the best out of what you have available and build upon it. 

All but 3 players he's signed I give pass marks to. Dorrans only just, Jack and Morelos 2 good signings.

We need him out. He can't get the best out of his players, the players told him how they wanted to play in pre season if I remember correctly, which says it all about his management style. He's being dictated to from the guys he's meant to be managing, which shouldn't happen in any managerial situation. He's not the gaffer he garners no respect from the players and his tactics are clueless.

Some guys are are just better at being assistant managers and Pedro would make a cracking assistant somewhere.

2 minutes ago, bassettger said:

I accept money is important but the money available to celtic is limited and not enough alone to make us uncompetitive.

We need a really good manager, good tactics and the correct signings to make a difference.

All true, but without money you will not attract good players or a good manager, at the moment we have a team riddled with average players and the results show up that fact.

28 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

I'd like to know the real amount we've spent. If the quoted figures are accurate, Pedro has to go down as the worst manager in history. St Johnstone likely spent about a fuckin tenner if they're lucky.

no one knows how much or how little we have spent,even Pena’s transfer fee is a different figure in various places.

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

All true, but without money you will not attract good players or a good manager, at the moment we have a team riddled with average players and the results show up that fact.

It will be difficult but the issue celtic have is that even £30M will not buy the best player never mind players. Scottish football is nowhere. The answer for Rangers is employ a very good manager that buys well with our limited budget with good support staff. We really have got it very wrong. The current manager is simply put clueless. I do not like disrespecting a Rangers manager but sorry he really is not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan1872 said:

Na it's first 17 games in PL for both Pedro and Warbuton

We are better off by 2 points better off than this point last season but if you take into account first  17 games in the PL for both Warburton cames out ahead.

Who cares ? Both simply not good enough !

11 minutes ago, bassettger said:

It will be difficult but the issue celtic have is that even £30M will not buy the best player never mind players. Scottish football is nowhere. The answer for Rangers is employ a very good manager that buys well with our limited budget with good support staff. We really have got it very wrong. The current manager is simply put clueless. I do not like disrespecting a Rangers manager but sorry he really is not good enough.

They can buy and pay for quality that we can only dream about at this juncture.

We cannot afford one of their first team, so where does that leave us?

They have a 30 mil wage bill, so who the fuck do we attract? Oh yes, dross at over inflated wages, because a meal ticket or a pension fund is all we are to them

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

They can buy and pay for quality that we can only dream about at this juncture.

We cannot afford one of their first team, so where does that leave us?

They have a 30 mil wage bill, so who the fuck do we attract? Oh yes, dross at over inflated wages, because a meal ticket or a pension fund is all we are to them

Two plans buy dross at stupid prices or put a good manager in place that can sort the mess !

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

No one could redeem themselves against the scum with such a gap in quality.  We are not at the taces and never will be under any manager whilst this board remain in power.

So where's the gap in quality?

brown, mcgregor, armstrong, forrest, griffiths, lustig, in terms of skill, are only slightly above a decent spfl player. 

sinclair and roberts and teirney are particularly overrated and unable to make it at the epl level.

And even sutton says gordon overall is weak.

Their manager was found out in the epl - no team would touch him with a ten foot pole, his tactics caused humiliation for them last year and this year in europe, and they were beaten by semi professionals.

There is not a huge gap in quality between the two squads, and, brenda is not even epl quality.

The biggest and most painful lesson I ever got in football was watching a Rangers team with the most talent in scotland - a team that dominated scottish football, suddenly and for nine years be dominated by a team with less talent  - the very same team I had watched Rangers humiliate, causing the birth of the ' Easy Easy'. 

Today we suffered those cunts chanting 'it's so fucking easy' for one reason and one reason alone - the massive gap in quality, not between squads, but between a manager, who failed in the epl and europe, and another manager, who is a fine bloke, but tactically out of his depth.

Aye, we need King and the board to get the check book out alright but not for players - but for a manager with the tactical skills to, as the best managers do, make the players at his disposal play better than they are.

3 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

So where's the gap in quality?

brown, mcgregor, armstrong, forrest, griffiths, lustig, in terms of skill, are only slightly above a decent spfl player. 

sinclair and roberts and teirney are particularly overrated and unable to make it at the epl level.

And even sutton says gordon overall is weak.

Their manager was found out in the epl - no team would touch him with a ten foot pole, his tactics caused humiliation for them last year and this year in europe, and they were beaten by semi professionals.

There is not a huge gap in quality between the two squads, and, brenda is not even epl quality.

The biggest and most painful lesson I ever got in football was watching a Rangers team with the most talent in scotland - a team that dominated scottish football, suddenly and for nine years be dominated by a team with less talent  - the very same team I had watched Rangers humiliate, causing the birth of the ' Easy Easy'. 

Today we suffered those cunts chanting 'it's so fucking easy' for one reason and one reason alone - the massive gap in quality, not between squads, but between a manager, who failed in the epl and europe, and another manager, who is a fine bloke, but tactically out of his depth.

Aye, we need King and the board to get the check book out alright but not for players - but for a manager with the tactical skills to, as the best managers do, make the players at his disposal play better than they are.

100% spot on

I feel like I change my mind a lot on Pedro. I think it might be to do with us dropping a lot of stupid points but at the same time our general play has improved.

I've never totally bought into him though. He never improved the side he had last season, gave us some humiliating moments with that team and finished further behind from aberdeen than when he took over. For me if a manager doesn't improve a team initially it doesn't look good going forward.

Here we are now after a 3rd defeat in a row to our rivals (none at the piggery might i add) under Pedro and I can't say much has changed my mind apart from I can see us playing a bit better than under Warburton sometimes.

I didn't expect us to win the league this year (i dont think 95% of us did) but considering the budget he has compared to the rest of the league we should be comfortably second. Tomorrow aberdeen could go second and 6 points ahead of us. I know its 7 games in but he needs to sort it out fast!

2 hours ago, Jonathan1872 said:

Some taig on twitter tweeted this at me, Warburton has a better record than Pedro in the PL

IMG-20170923-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20170923-WA0004.jpg

Why do they think 'The Rangers' is a dig? We have always been called that. They are fucking grade A spastics. Imagine sitting totting up points won by 2 managers for a team you dont even support? Fucking grim.

Pedro should be given another transfer window, we need more attackers/ wingers to improve what's already there. We are so reliant on the same guys scoring, a proper left winger who wants to hit the goal line and cross and someone to assist Morelos. I still back Pedro, it might not feel it but we are streets ahead of last year with warburton

12 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Pedro should be given another transfer window, we need more attackers/ wingers to improve what's already there. We are so reliant on the same guys scoring, a proper left winger who wants to hit the goal line and cross and someone to assist Morelos. I still back Pedro, it might not feel it but we are streets ahead of last year with warburton

Give me strength. :duh:

14 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

It's easier to replace a manager than the squad.

no. It's time he was backed. He's fighting against the tide and sooner rather than later, that tide will turn. Look at the way he went after brown. Some say it's embarrassing. The media say he "claims brown elbowed Morelos". I say it's standing up and being counted. Eventually we'll come out on top because we have a manager with real belief.