Jump to content

The problem is pure and simply financial


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's put it into perspective they had a 12m pound player up against somecunt who was on loan at Kilmarnock from MK Dons who we got for free.

Going into the game I feared the worst, if we had to play them again the morra I'd fancy our chances even with 6 players out.

We're behind them that's clear to see but don't let them fool you the gap is as big as they think it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

And the solution is?

A competent manager for a start to get us a re-established second force in Scotland and qualifying for the Europa group stage to raise the profile again.

A scouting network would be good, too - but I believe that's in the works with our new director of football. I've got my reservations on that but at least something is happening there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

Let's put it into perspective they had a 12m pound player up against somecunt who was on loan at Kilmarnock from MK Dons who we got for free.

Going into the game I feared the worst, if we had to play them again the morra I'd fancy our chances even with 6 players out.

We're behind them that's clear to see but don't let them fool you the gap is as big as they think it is.

Who they got on loan, they didn't spent 12-million pounds on him. 

Maybe if we were in better shape and could qualify for Europe properly then we could attract those types of loans and match them in some aspects.

This is where Pedro's failings hinder us in all sorts of other little ways. Things fall into place when you are run profesionally and are a competent football club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K.A.I said:

Who they got on loan, they didn't spent 12-million pounds on him. 

Maybe if we were in better shape and could qualify for Europe properly then we could attract those types of loans and match them in some aspects.

This is where Pedro's failings hinder us in all sorts of other little ways. Things fall into place when you are run profesionally and are a competent football club. 

I didn't say they did spend 12m on him, he's clearly head and shoulders above our league. Why after winning everything last season he wanted to come back up the road I'll never know but is what it is.

If we got past Progres would we have attracted that type of signing? I remember when we tried to sign Tammy Abraham it was 20k a week and 1m loan fee. Logic tells you Roberts is a bigger fee and higher wages. Would we have paid it?

Is Caixinha the right guy? Probably not, the alternatives of McInness or McLeish, would they have got a result today? Doubt it very much.

Problem isn't just Caixinha we need to attract a higher calibre of manager. Which we didn't do last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A competent manager for a start to get us a re-established second force in Scotland and qualifying for the Europa group stage to raise the profile again.

A scouting network would be good, too - but I believe that's in the works with our new director of football. I've got my reservations on that but at least something is happening there.

no loooking to pick a fight, just being realistic. There is no quick fix outwith a mad oil baron. but fucking want to be the second force? what the fuck is that? second? fucking second? So youre no raging aboot getting beat by that mob, youre annoyed we dropped 3 points and behind aberdeen? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

no loooking to pick a fight, just being realistic. There is no quick fix outwith a mad oil baron. but fucking want to be the second force? what the fuck is that? second? fucking second? So youre no raging aboot getting beat by that mob, youre annoyed we dropped 3 points and behind aberdeen? 

I don't want to be a second force, your missing my point.

Do I want to be out of Europe first hurdle, no chance in the cups, sitting midtable, not being able to win 3 games in a row in Scotland and at best a slug with Aberdeen for second place ..

Or do I want to be guaranteed second place, qualify for the group stages of the Europa and maybe win a cup.

Both options don't include winning a title, but one is a much better position to be in and can lead to being able to build upon for a proper title challenge if this scummy board ever get some ambition.

That's the point I'm trying to make that some folk purposely ignore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I didn't say they did spend 12m on him, he's clearly head and shoulders above our league. Why after winning everything last season he wanted to come back up the road I'll never know but is what it is.

If we got past Progres would we have attracted that type of signing? I remember when we tried to sign Tammy Abraham it was 20k a week and 1m loan fee. Logic tells you Roberts is a bigger fee and higher wages. Would we have paid it?

Is Caixinha the right guy? Probably not, the alternatives of McInness or McLeish, would they have got a result today? Doubt it very much.

Problem isn't just Caixinha we need to attract a higher calibre of manager. Which we didn't do last year.

I never said you said you spent 12 million on him but why mention the price to indicate the gap, when it's a false narrative because he's only a loan player - they never spent 12 million on him, he's a loan and someone who could maybe get if we were in a better position, a more professional position instead of toiling in Scotland under Pedro. 

McInnes or McLeish might have got a result today tbh, celtic weren't THAT good. It says more about us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are 5th, maybe 6th before the end of the weekend.

Aberdeen spent heehaw, St Johnstone spent heehaw, Hibs spent heehaw and motherwell ( tomorrow dependent) spent heehaw but yet these teams are all above us after 7 games.

Drawing to Partick twice who spent heehaw. 

 

We spent 8 million how the fuck are we this bad? Pedro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jonathan1872 said:

We are 5th, maybe 6th before the end of the weekend.

Aberdeen spent heehaw, St Johnstone spent heehaw, Hibs spent heehaw and motherwell ( tomorrow dependent) spent heehaw but yet these teams are all above us after 7 games.

Drawing to Partick twice who spent heehaw. 

 

We spent 8 million how the fuck are we this bad? Pedro.

Aye, people can't argue both ways that celtic are only ahead because of finances then we should be far ahead of the pack but look where we are after playing most of the teams at the bottom of the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't want to be a second force, your missing my point.

Do I want to be out of Europe first hurdle, no chance in the cups, sitting midtable, not being able to win 3 games in a row in Scotland and at best a slug with Aberdeen for second place ..

Or do I want to be guaranteed second place, qualify for the group stages of the Europa and maybe win a cup.

Both options don't include winning a title, but one is a much better position to be in and can lead to being able to build upon for a proper title challenge if this scummy board ever get some ambition.

That's the point I'm trying to make that some folk purposely ignore. 

Totally understand that. And youre right, we should easily be second, we should beat european minnows. we do that and then what? accept mediocrity? theyll talk about us for years to come. all they second places.   theres one benchmark and its the paedos. they have a a budget 2-3 times ours and u cant blame pedro for that. You cant even blame the board  although most will. At the end of the day, the only way we will be on top is when we outspend them. If that means a new board then so be it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jam_piece said:

Totally understand that. And youre right, we should easily be second, we should beat european minnows. we do that and then what? accept mediocrity? theyll talk about us for years to come. all they second places.   theres one benchmark and its the paedos. they have a a budget 2-3 times ours and u cant blame pedro for that. You cant even blame the board  although most will. At the end of the day, the only way we will be on top is when we outspend them. If that means a new board then so be it. 

We don't have to accept it mate, but at least we can debate what's next from a much higher/more stable/successful position. Get to that place first and that's the real progress moving foward NOT only getting 2-0 to celtic at Ibrox instead of 5-1, that's not progress that's people doing mental gymnastics to console themselves IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

We don't have to accept it mate, but at least we can debate what's next from a much higher/more stable/successful position. Get to that place first and that's the real progress moving foward NOT only getting 2-0 to celtic at Ibrox instead of 5-1, that's not progress that's people doing mental gymnastics to console themselves IMO.

Fair play big chief, Im away back in noo. Can see it means as much to you as it does to me. watp. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Blame Pedro all you wish but there is no manager in the universe who could stand a chance of competing with them in both a 90min game and over the course of a season unless we have huge money pumped into the transfer window.

Mr King, get the fucking money on the table or fuck off from our club. We won't stand for being average for the foreseeable future.

Correct :depressed:

Having said that, there needs to be someone waiting in the wings for King to move on. He's made no secret of the fact he doesn't want to be there

Link to post
Share on other sites

Money is a huge factor,  definitely the single biggest,  but a good manager can compensate to some extent.  Definitely to big a financial gulf to win the league,  but you would expect the odd victory against them.  You would also expect our financial gap compared to the other clubs to work in our favour -- but it does not. We are getting bad value for our money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

Aye we need money to compete,  bring in a manger like Smith tho and he would immeadiaelty improve us and get the best out of Dorrans, Jack etc. 

We got to a European final with a workman like team no superstar's but a group that would die(maybe a bit ott) for each other on the park

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I never said you said you spent 12 million on him but why mention the price to indicate the gap, when it's a false narrative because he's only a loan player - they never spent 12 million on him, he's a loan and someone who could maybe get if we were in a better position, a more professional position instead of toiling in Scotland under Pedro. 

McInnes or McLeish might have got a result today tbh, celtic weren't THAT good. It says more about us. 

How is it a false narrative? Irrelevant whether he's on loan or not. Hodson wouldn't normally be at left back but it's all relevant of today as that's what we were up against.

I didn't think they were either, big moments change games . Poor scrappy goal to give away and Gordon makes the save from Morelos header. That was the difference really, they scored the 2nd against run of play at that time and was all over.

They have a manager on 40 odd k a week, until we have a budget to bring in someone of similar standard I don't see much change even if do get rid of PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

How is it a false narrative? Irrelevant whether he's on loan or not. Hodson wouldn't normally be at left back but it's all relevant of today as that's what we were up against.

I didn't think they were either, big moments change games . Poor scrappy goal to give away and Gordon makes the save from Morelos header. That was the difference really, they scored the 2nd against run of play at that time and was all over.

They have a manager on 40 odd k a week, until we have a budget to bring in someone of similar standard I don't see much change even if do get rid of PC.

Because you were making out like they spent 12 million on him as if to indicate the big financial gap when he's on loan, my point was  if we were in a better place that could be us getting these types of loans

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 11 April 2021 14:00 Until 16:00
      0  
      Rangers v Hibernian
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...