*** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Turns out the beggars were playing in 2nd gear on Saturday, to save themselves for tonight.

We didn't even take enough out of them, for it to be a bit difficult, away, in the CL, where they always (almost) get beaten.

Dunno what to expect on Friday,  but nothing less than a 3 goal margin will do.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Turns out the beggars were playing in 2nd gear on Saturday, to save themselves for tonight.

We didn't even take enough out of them, for it to be a bit difficult, away, in the CL, where they always (almost) get beaten.

Dunno what to expect on Friday,  but nothing less than a 3 goal margin will do.

I'd rather a three point margin. We're not at the stage of having anything other than wins, no mater how ugly, right now. I'd like a two goal lead early on and leave it from there, without conceding stupid goals.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I'd rather a three point margin. We're not at the stage of having anything other than wins, no mater how ugly, right now. I'd like a two goal lead early on and leave it from there, without conceding stupid goals.

I get that entirely, mate.

IMO, we need to start being convincing - that does include getting a couple of goals margin & not letting in stupid goals.

If we don't make some sort of statement, we're accepting we're just making up the numbers.

Just now, HG5 said:

I get that entirely, mate.

IMO, we need to start being convincing - that does include getting a couple of goals margin & not letting in stupid goals.

If we don't make some sort of statement, we're accepting we're just making up the numbers.

I get you, but get wins and take it from there. Once we get wins regularly the confidence will grow. That means being a bit expedient- be conservative in defence, take our chances, keep it tight where it matters, and get the job done. I want to see us climbing table starting this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I get you, but get wins and take it from there. Once we get wins regularly the confidence will grow. That means being a bit expedient- be conservative in defence, take our chances, keep it tight where it matters, and get the job done. I want to see us climbing table starting this weekend.

Quite right - as I said though, we really must come out punching ?

Just now, HG5 said:

Quite right - as I said though, we really must come out punching ?

I love when we take two goal leads, the weight off the players they play with more freedom. We need a few breaks, and hopefully they do it for everyone at the club now. It's time these players took more responsibility for what is happening on the park, and started playing like a team.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I forgot to add, and drop Windass. I saw enough in the past couple of weeks to acknowledge I got that way wrong; he is never a player for this club. 

Without giving too much away, I know people who have been 'connected' - they're completely amazed he's got as far as us!

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Without giving too much away, I know people who have been 'connected' - they're completely amazed he's got as far as us!

What a let down. He went anonymous when he had them rattled; just disappeared in no time.  Not the kind of player we need.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

What a let down. He went anonymous when he had them rattled; just disappeared in no time.  Not the kind of player we need.

Because of what I'd heard, I was against him from the start.

Saying that, he has had spells where he's looked the part but he needs to make more happen in those spells.

Don't know if his head goes down if nothing comes off early doors, or it's a fitness thing, or if he'll never have the nous to play at our level (toss up for me between this & the fitness).

Needs to click into place soon, or we're best off moving on.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Because of what I'd heard, I was against him from the start.

Saying that, he has had spells where he's looked the part but he needs to make more happen in those spells.

Don't know if his head goes down if nothing comes off early doors, or it's a fitness thing, or if he'll never have the nous to play at our level (toss up for me between this & the fitness).

Needs to click into place soon, or we're best off moving on.

I can't see it now; he had the perfect chance to do something at the weekend, and for whatever reason becomes invisible. It's happening too often now. There is a player there, but I doubt his heart is really in it.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I can't see it now; he had the perfect chance to do something at the weekend, and for whatever reason becomes invisible. It's happening too often now. There is a player there, but I doubt his heart is really in it.

There's something adrift, mate.

Every chance to repair a bit of the damage that he blows, like Saturday, is another step nearer the exit (or should be).

42 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We should give Nemane a shout in that position? Will get pelters, but I'd honestly prefer Pena or Kenny out there because when JW is bad, he's BAD

38 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

We should give Nemane a shout in that position? Will get pelters, but I'd honestly prefer Pena or Kenny out there because when JW is bad, he's BAD

ouch! There's few things more painful and embarrassing than bad Windass!

1 hour ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Would like to see what Nemane has to offer, need to get him off the bench.  That said is Accies pitch real or paddy-like??