Niculae

Boabe

Was talking over this transfer to Caley with a friend and they said hes a player that most SPL clubs should be happy to sign, at first I thought no chance. After all its Caley but look at the facts if I told you wed signed a player with the following tell me you wouldnt be happy.

26 year old Romanian Striker with 12 goals in 28 caps having played with Dinamo Bucharest, Sporting Lisbon, Standard Liege and a loan spell at Mainz. During his spell with Lisbon they reached the UEFA Cup final.

I think wed be pretty happy with a 28 cap striker at age 26 who cant be on high wages as ICT say they havent broken their wage structure for him.

Thoughts?

You're right we'd probably be excited and it's a tremendous signing by Caley, especially given the wages they can pay.

However, the guy seems like he hasn't really fulfilled his early promise and I'd hope we would look for someone of a higher calibre.

That said, I hope he does well for Caley. Being from up that way originally I always like to see them do well (apart from 4 or 5 games a season!)

I think he's a good player and I'm amazed that he has signed for Caley. He'll probably be for the off come January or next summer. Too good to be playing for a club like ICT.

He appears to be a good talent and, knowing the SPL, he'll be fantastic for ICT.

Having said that, if we had unexpectedly signed him I would have said 'WTF?111!!!' :D

Daniel Niculae, then yes, I would have been delighted. But, I have to be honest and say that I have never heard of Marius Niculae.

You're right we'd probably be excited and it's a tremendous signing by Caley, especially given the wages they can pay.

However, the guy seems like he hasn't really fulfilled his early promise and I'd hope we would look for someone of a higher calibre.

That said, I hope he does well for Caley. Being from up that way originally I always like to see them do well (apart from 4 or 5 games a season!)

I think Caley fans have a right to be excited about landing Niculae and believe he'll certainly do the business for them. I also second your last sentence above. (tu)

Where are you from, mate? I'm from Nairn originally.

Fair play to them, seems to be a big signing for them. Has a decent international record but not sure about his domestic record. Hope he scores a few against the tims anyway.

The Black Isle. Well, someone has to come from there I suppose.

Yeah I know Nairn well enough - nice place!

Teuchter Loyal. :beer2:

The Black Isle. Well, someone has to come from there I suppose.

Yeah I know Nairn well enough - nice place!

Teuchter Loyal. :beer2:

isle of Lewis.. :pipegreen:

My total mistake, this isn't a transfer talk. In fact, it's not really Rangers talk either.

What is it :lol:

I wasnt really sure either thats why I didnt put it in Transfer Talk, I thought it might be general football transfer news but I wanted a Rangers slant on the replies. I wanted to see if wed signed a player with those kind of stats people would be happy. As in if his name was Marcus Mellberg with the same kind of stats (and for the same kind of money) would we be happy, or would people complain that they were below us and not Rangers class?

• 3 weeks later...
" Reports suggest Niculae is failing to settle in the Highlands and is regretting his decision to join the club, off course he hasnt played a game but in an interview to Romanian Sports Channel Eco+ he said that he is finding it very hard to settle in Inverness. "

It's been less than a week.