espanyolification

magic8ball

7 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I get the point. I can't take the word "espanyolification" seriously though.

It's the Spanish translation of "Rangersolification" and both terms mean the fucking up of a football club due to short sightedness and favouritism to their local rivals by the media, politicians and sports authorities. 

Other examples are "Atleticomadridolification", "Torinoolification", "Evertonolifi............................

25 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Brilliant post mate 

fucking frightening reading this 

2006 and the same things happening 

And the same weak  scumbags in our board prevail to this day 

unbelievable apathy then and unbelievable apathy now 

Puff comments sums up so many of these types of bears   

48 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Load of shite. 

People on here need to develop a sense of perspective. We'll be back, and it won't take long.

How does this just come about?

By doing more of what we're doing? By hoping the bheasts worsen?

How, and how long?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How, and how long?

The Op is suggesting it is the politics, society and media that drive this, and the club affected cannot directly control this.

I agree with those who realise the bigger solution is to change the politics in central Scotland, hence my reference to the Labour/SNP catholic cabals putting political and media pressure on us.

I don't really see this article as offering very much insight into our current plight. Particularly the praise of David Murray.

We aren't really Espanyol -  La liga has two dominant teams, the comparison would work if either barca or real suddenly hit the skids in the manner we did.

If you think back to the 90's, we were utterly dominant, signing some of the world's top players and won 9 in a row. sellik were in the doldrums and never looked like competing. It seemed then as if we were unstoppable.

Where they are at the moment is nothing like as dominant as what we were then. They've got a business model at the moment that's working well, let's be honest it appears to be working really well, but is reliant on champions league qualification a minimum of what once every three years. They're signing prem league rejects, and young prospects good enough to dominate in Scotland, and scrape into the champs league.

It wouldn't take that much for us to achieve the same. It would take an initial investment, some decent signings and a few prospects. A bit of luck too if managed to find a guy we could punt down to England for a large profit. At that point the title probably swings back and forward like it did in the 2000's.

Money is the number one factor in this, but it would also take people. We'd need the right people from top to bottom - I doubt anyone on the board and senior management is good enough at present (I don't know this of course there may be exceptions).

Unfortunately the one thing we cant really account for is time. To completely overhaul the club and setup a system to more or less replicate the business and footballing structure sellik have will take time. And time in football is a precious commodity.

To me the only way this can happen is if we get some kind of figurehead in whos willing to throw a few quid in to get this started. We have to hope somehow there's someone out there who's got the finances for it wants to come in and try and help us turn it around. 

6 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The Op is suggesting it is the politics, society and media that drive this, and the club affected cannot directly control this.

I agree with those who realise the bigger solution is to change the politics in central Scotland, hence my reference to the Labour/SNP catholic cabals putting political and media pressure on us.

Yeah I get that.

But Puff seems to suggest it'll come along a lot sooner than that. I'm interested how such a turn around will manifest itself in a short period of time without a game changer change in our favour.

Perspective is what's needed it seems.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How, and how long?

By doing what we're doing slightly better. 

We're a much better side than we were 6 months ago. This is despite the fact that half of the squad were entirely replaced over the summer.

I'm honestly stunned at the overreaction to yesterday - I don't know why because it always happens - because we could well have gotten at least a point but for individual errors. 

They're still better than us, but expecting us to be at their level after a single season in the top division was just never going to happen. We'll comfortably finish second this year, and run them close next.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

We're a much better side than we were 6 months ago. This is despite the fact that half of the squad were entirely replaced over the summer.

I'm honestly stunned at the overreaction to yesterday - I don't know why because it always happens - because we could well have gotten at least a point but for individual errors. 

They're still better than us, but expecting us to be at their level after a single season in the top division was just never going to happen. We'll comfortably finish second this year, and run them close next.

That post is very very sad Puff .And so typical of many bears nowadays 

"we will run them close " Ffs 

We have just been humped for the 3rd time in a row at Ibrox 

Excuse me .But this morning .I don't see us being running them close as any kind of positive 

Action and not complacency is needed  

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

We have become Espanyol to Celtics Barcelona. This is where we are now. Almost irrelevant in our own city. Thanks King, thanks Warbs and Pedro, thanks Mr Park and thank you behind the couch Paul Murray. You have all collectively made us a provincial non entity. The only difference between this board and the last one they outed is that they now incredibly do support Rangers, or rather, grew up Rangers fans, fuck knows what they are now because the clubs best interests ain't in their heart anymore. As we approach the Xmas period we sleep walk into a 3rd consecutive year of failure under them. Enough is enough. It's time we became fucking Real Madrid again and not fucking Espanyol. 

Great post 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That post is very very sad Puff .And so typical of many bears nowadays 

"we will run them close " Ffs 

We have just been humped for the 3rd time in a row at Ibrox 

Excuse me .But this morning .I don't see us being running them close as any kind of positive 

Action and not complacency is needed  

Aye so we'll fix it by pissing and moaning about how the system is against us?

Running them close is a positive as it's a fucking improvement. When we can run them close we can beat them. People that think that we're losing by factors outside of our control, or who think that we have a right to turn up and beat everyone because "we're the rainjurs" are part of the problem. 

We need to be realistic.

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

A good few years ago .even before the tax case issues came to light a bear on follow follow penned an article called espanyolification .for those who didn't read it or haven't heard of it .it was alerting the Rangers community to the potential of a situation that happened in Barcelona during the late 50s and early 60s.back then there was little between the 2 clubs in the city .the clubs being Barcelona and espanyol .

The basis was that during that period the 2 clubs were pretty much on a level pegging .the difference being espanyol were a traditional club with more Spanish values and Barcelona being of a more local Catalonian mindset.

now I don't need to update you on today's current standing .but the author warned of what was happening and what could happen if we didn't take heed and do something.and remember this was almost 10yrs ago long before we were hamstrung by being demoted 

watching the events of yesterday. not just play wise but attitude of those scumbag bastards strutting about as if they owned the place shows that the espanyolification proficy is close to being very true .and if the proficy does becomes complete then it has dire consequences not just for us bears or our children but for Scotland as a whole 

watching those 2 inbred dicks Lego and thumb goad the support after the 2nd goal should be the turning point .those guys don't come from a background of being sellik through and through but are quite happy to jump on their coat tails and add to their myth of being "all inclusive " open to all and a club for the oppressed. 

now if that doesn't open the eyes of our fan base nothing will.the consequences of sitting back and doing nothing are inconceivable. there's no point saying.well it's Pedro's fault.its our boards fault .etc.the time now is to act while we still can to stop the espanyolification of our truly great club 

we need to unite as a support and not only back our manager and board.(we do not have a queue at the door to do more )back them not just by words and turning up every 2nd week .but we need the fan base to act 

my proposal is for the fans to unite in a membership scheme .a scheme similar to Rangers first and to the Rangers pools which was started to help fund the redevelopment of ibrox post 1971 

a bears lottery properly organised can provide investment .proper investment .the board gets stick but they funded the manager more than anybody expected this year.the manager gets stick but he has a background of better quality than most of the realistic alternatives have .proper investment allows the required boost to give us .not just our support but our heritage from being consigned to a part of Scottish history 

Utter pish.

We are champions in hanging our own. We love nothing better than a good lynching, whilst we let out haters run amok.

There are those calling for us to be a better second. A better second ffs! Those deriding our manager for trying to protect our players. Those among us calling for the most spineless manager in the league in Mckinness to take over. 

I bet king didn't realise it would be so easy to get us to accept second best. Serving up shite with our own money and them tills still keep on ringing. He must be laughing his cock off.

So now we have another thread where WE have to again part with our hard earned, allowing the board not to do their job in securing sufficient investment to take this league.

We are now in full alignment with the board and that is to be second as the level of investment shows. Hang the managers, hang the players, but ffs let's not grow a spine and have the board do their job, or get them to fuck. Cowardly and fucking shameless.

We have become the champions of appeasement and for a long time to come that is what we will remain. We are the biggest circus act in town and it's no wonder the taigs rip the piss. It's easy. Just ask Dave!

21 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I'm not. Far from it.

But it's one thing to put together a team to beat match them over 90 minutes. Another to create a squad that can match their excellent consistency over a season.

We'd also have to factor in the assets they have and revenue streams which would allow them to go out and secure 4-5 million pound signings if and when were to get that close. As they wouldn't stand still and watch us match them would they?

I said it would need 3 windows for Pedro to get us a strong and challenging second. If things go well (which to be honest they're not).

I thinks it's naive to suggest "slightly better" will get anywhere close.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Load of shite. 

People on here need to develop a sense of perspective. We'll be back, and it won't take long.

Correct 

That lot have had zero challenge in the absence of Rangers. The sheep et all have been happy finishing one place higher than normal  - those clubs suffer from espanyolafication  if any -  happy to pick up tit bits

We have our share of loonballs in our support fuck letting them influence our club. 

We need to continually improve, hold firm and over the next few windows add the quality we need. 

12 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Aye so we'll fix it by pissing and moaning about how the system is against us?

Running them close is a positive as it's a fucking improvement. When we can run them close we can beat them. People that think that we're losing by factors outside of our control, or who think that we have a right to turn up and beat everyone because "we're the rainjurs" are part of the problem. 

We need to be realistic.

So us having a moan is such a bad thing after we have just been beaten again .

Agree with the  bears thinking we just need to turn up part

There is never going an be an easy fix but we are going back the way or very least going no where with these cunts

Being realistic is fine . You just fail to grasp some of the main concerns by many bears . Moaning as you put it

31 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm not. Far from it.

But it's one thing to put together a team to beat match them over 90 minutes. Another to create a squad that can match their excellent consistency over a season.

We'd also have to factor in the assets they have and revenue streams which would allow them to go out and secure 4-5 million pound signings if and when were to get that close. As they wouldn't stand still and watch us match them would they?

I said it would need 3 windows for Pedro to get us a strong and challenging second. If things go well (which to be honest they're not).

I thinks it's naive to suggest "slightly better" will get anywhere close.

Slightly better gets us close because slightly better means that we beat Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Dundee et al much more consistently. 

FWIW, I think they drop in quality, but I agree we can't rely on that. When Sinclair, Dembele, Roberts etc leave then they won't replace them with equal quality. They can spend big all they like but they got fortunate with the availability of the above players.

We almost disappeared entirely 5 years ago, the fact that our fans are already up in arms that Celtic are better than us is ridiculous. 

We're not that far away.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Slightly better gets us close because slightly better means that we beat Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Dundee et al much more consistently. 

FWIW, I think they drop in quality, but I agree we can't rely on that. When Sinclair, Dembele, Roberts etc leave then they won't replace them with equal quality. They can spend big all they like but they got fortunate with the availability of the above players.

We almost disappeared entirely 5 years ago, the fact that our fans are already up in arms that celtic are better than us is ridiculous. 

We're not that far away.

We are miles away in every department but you get the positive poster of the morning award Puff .

Give you credit for that :happy:

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We are miles away in every department but you get the positive poster of the morning award Puff .

Give you credit for that :happy:

Celtic do a great job of making themselves look great when there's absolutely no pressure on them. But you've done a great job of talking them up this morning.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

We almost disappeared entirely 5 years ago, the fact that our fans are already up in arms that celtic are better than us is ridiculous. 

We're not that far away.

Great post, 

However I think the up in arms response is more to do with our player's lack of fight and basically allowing them to stroll around like they own the place unchallenged, showing utter contempt towards us and our stadium. 

I think anyone who thinks logically can see they are at their ceiling, they can't get any better. Their best players will go and they won't replace them. 

I was quite encouraged by the first half yesterday, at least we competed.The 2nd half though was every bit as bad a performance as the five one games, utterly outclassed if we are honest and showed the gap between us to be probably as big as between celtic and all the other non runners in this farce of a league. Those shouting for new men at the top and big investment never say how they envisage we could achieve this. I am afraid we are stuck with what weve got and that means gradual improvement, adding quality bit by bit in every transfer window. It also means getting everything right, managerial appointments, player additions and the academy. And that's the hard bit, and the bit where we can justifiably point the finger at the board. We never spent massively in the summer but for what we have spent we should be comfortably better than all the others bar celtic and we quite clearly are not, that 2nd half was was pitiful and unacceptable and probably would be like watching the Barcelona derby.

5 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

celtic do a great job of making themselves look great when there's absolutely no pressure on them. But you've done a great job of talking them up this morning.

Behave Puff man . On not one occasion did I talk the scumbags up

Jesus Puff . Take some digs on the chin

Back this board. ??

Away ta fuck OP, the board are part of the problem so if you want to fix things then get shot of the problem. 

You also have a fans group already going, sadly they can’t seem to find a pair of baws between them to tell this shower of pricks in suits that they aren’t fit for purpose. 

It's the "we're not far away" and "they'll get worse" rhetoric that hinders getting close. It makes you think that you need less (less quality mostly) than what you really do in order to make the material difference.

We were supposedly "close" when we beat them at Hampden.

We were supposedly "close" at the beginning of last season and the scum were meant to be shite.

Dorrans and Jack were the signings that would stop them dominating us in midfield. 

NONE of this has turned out to be remotely true. They still dominate and we're still miles away.  

We're as close to matching them as the sheep are and they're fucking miles away too. But at least we have the means to do something about it if we actually put the effort in.