Damning Statistic

gsa

5 hours ago, The Monk said:

A certain tackle from Tierney, (was either on Morelos or Candeias?) comes to mind

Was on Candeias but tbh I thought that tackle was fine. It's exactly what I want our players to be doing to them, but apparently we still have a team of shitebags 

I'm not condoning reckless yellow cards, but that is a sad statistic because it's a true reflection of the manner in which we've allowed them to act in recent times.

We've had Lustig celebrating with a few minutes of extra time still to play last December at Ibrox, we've had Griffiths casually leaning on the Rangers flag on the corner pole and we've got Brown laughing towards to home crowd after each goal (Of which there have been many).

Yet, we don't respond.

I remember watching an interview with Rio Ferdinand who had been criticised for going for Balotelli at full-time following a Manchester derby, but Ferdinand said Balotelli had been taunting the Man United fans. He wasn't having it and rightly so.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

While I find it hard to condone bookings for bookings sake - a quote from souness always stick in my head - he said something to the effect of -' if a games not going your way the players need to do something to change it - a bit of magic, a trick, something outrageous or EVEN A REALLY HARD TACKLE - something to get the crowd on side and driving you on'

Exactly. I'm not advocating stupidly. But at the same time, you cannot have celtic players swaggering around Ibrox like they own it. Often in Rugby a massive tackle can galvanise a team and shake them out of a stupor.