News on Alves

RFCRobertson

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Alves can fuck off. I would play young Ross. Alves should have been in Glasgow helping his team rather than with Ronaldos medics in Madrid. What is the big rush now? We needed him, he got injured and then he fucked off to Spain. We don't need him against Hamilton, could have gone to Spain today for a fortnight. He is a grade one tosser. Lost any respect at this.

We need our experienced Portuguese international CB, returned to duty as quickly as possible. 

How could he help his team with a sore leg for fuck sake.  

Away quick, back quick- not limping about like a loose end. Tit  

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Some amount of utter spastics the day after an old firm defeat. 

Proven fact that recovery is aided with sunshine. Why are people turning on Alves for picking up an injury and going to some of the best docs in the world to recover as quickly and effectively as possible? 

I'm sorry but you don't need sunshine and the best docs in the world to treat a grade 1 strain. Personally I would've had him at the game giving as much help to a 19 yr old making his old firm debut.

7 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

How did he let the ball go through his legs?? Maybe the halfwit a yard in front of him should've cleared it rather than take a fresh air swipe!! 

I agree with the 2nd but there's no way he can be blamed for Cardosos fuck up.

He should also have cleared it for the first, Cardosa should have came round the back for the second to cover but McCorie should have also spotted the run. 

3 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm sorry but you don't need sunshine and the best docs in the world to treat a grade 1 strain. Personally I would've had him at the game giving as much help to a 19 yr old making his old firm debut.

No but you would need a cryotherapy chamber and some of the best physiotherapists in the world. 

Honestly for fuck sake Alves is a defender not some old uncle for the youth team. 

Plus McCrorie did exceptionally well without him waving his crutches from the sidelines. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

He should also have cleared it for the first, Cardosa should have came round the back for the second to cover but McCorie should have also spotted the run. 

Fault lies with Hodson. He was the defender in place to at least stop the run of woberts or put some sort of tackle in. Not stand 5 yards off him looking on in awe at his run. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Fault lies with Hodson. He was the defender in place to at least stop the run of woberts or put some sort of tackle in. Not stand 5 yards off him looking on in awe at his run. 

Agree Hodson and Windass down that side had ran out of steam second half and just looked to be going through the motions.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No but you would need a cryotherapy chamber and some of the best physiotherapists in the world. 

Honestly for fuck sake Alves is a defender not some old uncle for the youth team. 

Plus McCrorie did exceptionally well without him waving his crutches from the sidelines. 

Cryotherapy chamber for a calf strain.............seriously..........don't make me laugh. 

Imo his experience in derbies would've been vital!  Enough for us to win probably not but to give his full support to McCrorie definitely. 

I agree McCrorie had a great game nevertheless 

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

We'll need to agree to disagree as I don't think he could possibly react quick enough to cardoso swiping at fresh air. 2nd goal his lack of experience showed but in fairness to him he had a great game and looked more assured than cardoso. 

50 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Alves not being there didn't result in our defeat but we bought him for his experience on and off the field. He could've been there to help others Imo.

Disagree with the 1st goal being mcCrories fault as Cardoso had a fresh air swing resulting in the ball going through his legs! I do think he could've been more aware at the 2nd goal even if wes should've done better.

Don't get me wrong, I rate young Ross, but Alves is the finished article and should start ahead of him/along side him if fit imo.

The lunatic fringe who are having a dig at Alves when he is clearly injured and trying to get back ASAP don't help our cause.

5 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Cryotherapy chamber for a calf strain.............seriously..........don't make me laugh. 

Imo his experience in derbies would've been vital!  Enough for us to win probably not but to give his full support to McCrorie definitely. 

I agree McCrorie had a great game nevertheless 

you do not know the extent of his injury - unless you have seen the medical report and the decision as to why we would send him to some world-renowned facilities!!!

So explain, in what way particularly would Alves help young McCrorie. Be descriptive. 

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Don't get me wrong, I rate young Ross, but Alves is the finished article and should start ahead of him/along side him if fit imo.

The lunatic fringe who are having a dig at Alves when he is clearly injured and trying to get back ASAP don't help our cause.

Alves is a starter every week there's no doubt about that, with whom is still up for debate.

I personally would've had Alves at the game with his vast experience in derbies he could then have went away for his treatment afterwards. There's no race against the clock, he won't be fit for Friday and then it's international week so it looks to me as if his priority is getting fit for Portugal. That's just my opinion whether anyone agrees or not they won't change my mind on it.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

you do not know the extent of his injury - unless you have seen the medical report and the decision as to why we would send him to some world-renowned facilities!!!

So explain, in what way particularly would Alves help young McCrorie. Be descriptive. 

All young players learn from good coaches,leaders and experienced players.  Going into such a big game and making your old firm debut are you telling me that he wouldn't appreciate a calming influence and pep talk from someone who has played in some of the most hostile derbies and atmospheres in world football? 

As for exactly what he would say to him.... unfortunately my many years of playing amateur football may differ to Alves but it would go something like "have you paid yet" and "punt him up in the air the 1st chance you get" 

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Don't see much point in us risking him on Friday tbh. 

He should be our first choice CB going forward, but there's not much value in risking a more serious injury rushing him back.

Yip, doubt they'll risk him on an artificial pitch.