News on Alves

RFCRobertson

On 24/09/2017 at 17:51, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm sorry but you don't need sunshine and the best docs in the world to treat a grade 1 strain. Personally I would've had him at the game giving as much help to a 19 yr old making his old firm debut.

By doing what? Standing behind the goals cheering him on?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Clint Hill who's struggled to find another club and only just managed to get a deal with the mighty Carlisle last week after failing trials elsewhere?

Probably at an awkward age to be finding a new club.

Same with me - I'm nearly 60 & doing a great job & will continue to do so for a bit.

I wouldn't like to be having to find a new one at my age & stage, though!

My point was that we haven't seen anything extraordinary from him, such as you might expect from someone of his pedigree.

As far as I can recall, he's not even cemented anyone properly, yet!

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That is still being capped by Portugal. Aye, I get your point.

Whats that got to do with the fact that no cunt wanted him and he came here because we offered him more cash than anyone else ?

The guys been a flop , will be found out everytime we play a decent team.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Whats that got to do with the fact that no cunt wanted him and he came here because we offered him more cash than anyone else ?

Our defence isn't better? A new CB partnership can take time, and to say he hasn't made any difference for the better is a joke. He's done a few things in matches that he doesn't get credit for; the shape of this defence is better, their defending of set pieces is better; if Wes would get more confident on cross balls we might do even better. How do you know he didn't have other offers was my initial point. We are seven games into the season, he played in six of those, and you write him off as a flop?

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Our defence isn't better? A new CB partnership can take time, and to say he hasn't made any difference for the better is a joke. He's done a few things in matches that he doesn't get credit for; the shape of this defence is better, their defending of set pieces is better; if Wes would get more confident on cross balls we might do even better. How do you know he didn't have other offers was my initial point. We are seven games into the season, he played in six of those, and you write him off as a flop?

As someone above said , why would he come to Scotland , for cash thats the only reason. I agree the defence is better but that wouldnt be fuckin hard. We dont have a decent defender at the club and havent for 7 years. Its the first thing any manager should concentrate on , unfortunately our last three managers wouldnt know what a good defender looks like.

On a plus note if the youngster gets a fair chance and improves we should be building a team around him.

25 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Probably at an awkward age to be finding a new club.

Same with me - I'm nearly 60 & doing a great job & will continue to do so for a bit.

I wouldn't like to be having to find a new one at my age & stage, though!

My point was that we haven't seen anything extraordinary from him, such as you might expect from someone of his pedigree.

As far as I can recall, he's not even cemented anyone properly, yet!

He's not exactly delivered yet I'll give you that. Funnily enough though Clint Hill, who you've said you'd rather have kept, was getting slated on here around about this point last season. By the end of the season we were complaining that he wasn't kept on.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You do know he wasn't a free agent and his old team wanted him to stay right?

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Scotland is the last place he would be.

Youre words , hes here for  last pay day......

Maybe he's here because of Caixinha? 

Maybe he's here for the challenge and the possibility of adding more medals to his collection?

You're a fool if you don't think he could have got better money elsewhere.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

As someone above said , why would he come to Scotland , for cash thats the only reason. I agree the defence is better but that wouldnt be fuckin hard. We dont have a decent defender at the club and havent for 7 years. Its the first thing any manager should concentrate on , unfortunately our last three managers wouldnt know what a good defender looks like.

On a plus note if the youngster gets a fair chance and improves we should be building a team around him.

Sometimes it's hard for me not to imagine most players not wanting to play for Rangers; an opportunity to play at a place like Ibrox doesn't come often to most players, and we still have a bit of pull in that regard; I'd like to think a player like him still gets goosebumps before every match here, despite his experience elsewhere. He was at that development match last night; the guy is humble, and a team player. I can't imagine he isn't fully committed to this club. You're right about McCrorie, so maybe three at the back might be an idea; I'm convinced I've seen McCrorie play right back before, so maybe is can be in contention for a place there as well.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Yip , knew how bad our defence was and made sure he wasn't involved , just like Danny Wilson does most games..........

Hahaha, you are a genuine fucking crackpot btw. You’re that guy people see in the pub n they say to themselves ‘aw here we go’ :lol: botton.

4 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Hahaha, you are a genuine fucking crackpot btw. You’re that guy people see in the pub n they say to themselves ‘aw here we go’ :lol: botton.

You need some new material genius.

If he plays this week hes a shitebag . Its no the first time any of our players have shat it before old firm games and wont be the last.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

If he plays this week hes a shitebag . Its no the first time any of our players have shat it before old firm games and wont be the last.

You're the gift that keeps giving on this forum. Please post more often.

Bruno Alves shat it from the taigs and he's only here for all the money we can give him :lol:

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

That's quite a comment to player of a player of his standing and reputation. I would give such a thing a bit longer before coming to the kind of conclusion you have come to.

47 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Maybe he's here because of Caixinha? 

Maybe he's here for the challenge and the possibility of adding more medals to his collection?

You're a fool if you don't think he could have got better money elsewhere.

Iirc he's actually said precisely that. 

19 minutes ago, OhW said:

You asked someone two minutes ago "are you his agent?"

I'd say there's a difference between me suggesting he could've got more money elsewhere, especially given the money available in the glorified retirement leagues like the MLS, and him claiming that we "obviously" offered him more money.

One of us is sharing an opinion and the other is claiming facts.