Who Chooses The Next Manager?

BlueMexican

5 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

No one other than the board can pick manager imo, the DOF may have some input but the board should always have the final decision, there is no other option

Otherwise we can go all season playing pish and the board could go "well it wasn't us that chose him was it?"

This thread and OPs suggestions that ex players who have nothing to do with us anymore pick our manager has to be up there with some of the daftest shite av ever read on here

This, cant for the life of me see what qualifies our DOF to appoint a manager, his job in to identify players not managers, Thats the boards job.

Walter was brilliant for us but he also thought Ally was a manager.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well, the way it's going, the lemmon will be having a big say in it, with him imparting his very high recommendations for he best buddy.

Ooft you're getting worried that Pedro is on borrowed time and McInnes is edging closer to the job.

I don't know a lot about the day to day activities of a DOF, but it seems like since ours arrived he has been non existent? He's brought in a man city prospect who isn't the height of shite, to play in a league twice as physical as the EPL, and a Cardiff reject (not meaning to sound negative and hope both players kick on...but both they points are factual).

so what is he actually doing?

2 minutes ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

I don't know a lot about the day to day activities of a DOF, but it seems like since ours arrived he has been non existent? He's brought in a man city prospect who isn't the height of shite, to play in a league twice as physical as the EPL, and a Cardiff reject (not meaning to sound negative and hope both players kick on...but both they points are factual).

so what is he actually doing?

Playing Fifa 18 on the X box's in the Broomloan.

Vile, imo

An interesting OP in my opinion, its something ive actually thought about. I reckon we should give PC another month until the LC semi final. Should it all go south during that period then the board need to look long and hard and actually do the ground work  now. 

Who would have known they appointed him and gave him so much finance in the summer? A total blunder.

If they had that much they should have appointed someone with more clout and still some left to rebuild with finance and a know how of who may be available in the British game. I give you Dembele as an example. We need a manager who can see the opponents strengths and pick a team and tactics accordingly. Saturday stunk of lets hope for the best. 

The gang of three goons who made this appointment sicken me and im furious with them.

Feelers should be getting put out just now and the next one needs to be spot on.

Lets hope PC can turn this round, he didnt have many breaks coming into last Saturday . The heat is off for a few weeks but he needs to earn his corn in this time.

I' m surprised the board have'nt found a role for Sir Walter,when you consider he went out and got Laudrup and Gazza for approximately 8.5 million, even as a scout,he could spot a player. I don' t think anyone on the board comes from a footballing background,you're d think they would have at least sounded him out.

5 hours ago, pcbear said:

Good spot, three strikes and your out, we must get back to basics with the next manager, fuck all the fucking about with total or relative novices but the big question is who could handle the cauldron? I certainly would not want McLeish back the end of his tenure was abysmal and he has done nothing or little of note  since.

Its a Walter type we need, someone like Warnock to get the train back on track.

The budget our board provides means we will only attract novices 

9 hours ago, AlCapone said:

a new board, end of story. The current board have chosen 3 failures and lets not forget most of them sat on a board that chose McCoist with his bomb proof contract.  

There time is up

Thread should have been locked after this comment - nutshell 

1 hour ago, jackstar said:

I' m surprised the board have'nt found a role for Sir Walter,when you consider he went out and got Laudrup and Gazza for approximately 8.5 million, even as a scout,he could spot a player. I don' t think anyone on the board comes from a footballing background,you're d think they would have at least sounded him out.

Eh? Gascoigne and laudrup didn't need scouted and in relative terms the money we spent for them was high