The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

Just now, Bearsden bear said:

Fair enough mate. 

All i would say he has a history of going into a struggling side and turning them around without spending a great deal of cash.

Maybe not the sexy appointment some would wish for but would do a decent job short term till the board/dof can muster a more meaningful plan.

The pressures here would have to be taken into account, with any appointment; his ability in the way you suggest isn't in doubt, but there is quite a bit involved in Rangers, which you no doubt appreciate. It's interesting if you think he could handle all the aspects of being manager here.

3 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Hope every typical "old school" English manager that people think would suddenly become good managers here have some sort of accident permamnently rulling them out the job. 

Compared to these progressive modern types who plummet us to new depths ?

17 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The pressures here would have to be taken into account, with any appointment; his ability in the way you suggest isn't in doubt, but there is quite a bit involved in Rangers, which you no doubt appreciate. It's interesting if you think he could handle all the aspects of being manager here.

Dont think much will faze a guy with the experience he has, but its the same for everyone.

Warburton left in a huff and Pedro is picking fights with celtic players (not to mention Ally and lennon almost coming to blows) - so not much to live up to!!! Ha ha

2 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Dont think much will faze a guy with the experience he has, but its the same for everyone.

Warburton left in a huff and Pedro is picking fights with celtic players (not to mention Ally and lennon almost coming to blows) - so not much to live up to!!! Ha ha

It would be an interesting appointment, I'll give you that!

10 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

To be fair if the players were like pedro and showing the scum's players they won't do whatever they want i think that would be for the better.

49 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

McInnes or Pedro shouldn't be the Rangers manager. 

McInnes has won one trophy in Aberdeens  first "golden period" for about 30-40 years. 

The Deila season there was a genuine chance they could win the league, they had ample opportunity to go top of the league. Infact their was a point where they played two home games in a week and could've went top by a couple of points and drew both of them. 

McInnes doesn't deserve a crack at the job. He's a decent manager in Scotland but he isn't the manager who strikes fear into players and to take us to the league title. We need an experienced, old school manager at the moment to win that fucking title. 

Fuck all this building for the future nonsense, that'll come when were back in the big time. 

We need a a Redknapp or Mark Hughes type manager. No more fucking unknown quantities or managers in the Scottish league who should get the job because they finished above us. Still finished 30 behind the tarriers

Red knap haha surely your at it.

As for Hughes dream on brother 

12 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

The fact any of our players didn't even come over to show brown that he can't go about acting like that tells you alot about them.

25 minutes ago, Gustav said:

he's done a very, very good job with the sheep and knows what it taker to establish a team as number 2 in Scotland. 

:lol: wot?

Literally the only reason he's done anything with Aberdeen is because we weren't there

His tactic for getting 2nd is to make sure he's playing in a 1 horse race

But I suppose if folks goal is to be second at best for another 6 years then yeah bring him in

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's a lot younger and needs a chance to get to that stage to make a fair comparison 

a better comparison would be what's McInnes done this far compared to McLeish when he was at Hibs before joining us 

What about him getting second place with Motherwell with both Rangers  and celtic in the league

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

:lol: wot?

Literally the only reason he's done anything with Aberdeen is because we weren't there

His tactic for getting 2nd is to make sure he's playing in a 1 horse race

But I suppose if folks goal is to be second at best for another 6 years then yeah bring him in

He finished last season above us... in second place.

8 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Red knap haha surely your at it.

As for Hughes dream on brother 

Yeah, I do dream about that, but with a very big helping of realism I'm afraid. I bet he'd bring is success though. Let's just say if MH had given that talk the other day, no one would know about it.

15 hours ago, BlueMexican said:

At least he is showing more passion than the players did on Saturday.

Jackson always has contacts inside our dressing room so he will be near spot on. No smoke without fire.

This. I hate to even suggest this, but could it be Jimmy Bell?

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Think it's Miller tbh wee Bell regardless if you think he's worth the 150k a year or not is old school he wouldn't do this ... Miller imo is way too pally with all sorts of others and it's no coincidence he was dropped for game and this comes out 

Could be. But the leak issue we have has also been a problem we've had when Miller hasn't been at the club.