The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

1 minute ago, OhW said:

There is no fuss, just a recognition of our circumstances.

There is a fuss over him though, maybe not from yourself but every time there's the slightest hint that things aren't going well we start to see McInnes being mentioned all over the forum as though he's going to be the saviour that comes in and turns things around for us. He won't be.

If/when Caixinha leaves us I hope the board finally grow a pair (lol) and throw some cash at actually getting a decent high profile manager in instead of looking about this shitty league we're in and going "oh he's done a semi-decent job on a small budget, let's give him a go" because that sort of appointment isn't going to get us any closer to winning the league.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

There is a fuss over him though, maybe not from yourself but every time there's the slightest hint that things aren't going well we start to see McInnes being mentioned all over the forum as though he's going to be the saviour that comes in and turns things around for us. He won't be.

If/when Caixinha leaves us I hope the board finally grow a pair (lol) and throw some cash at actually getting a decent high profile manager in instead of looking about this shitty league we're in and going "oh he's done a semi-decent job on a small budget, let's give him a go" because that sort of appointment isn't going to get us any closer to winning the league.

Don't think that's true, more a case of people thinking he would be able to achieve our next aim of establishing us as comfortably 2nd best because as things stand we're a distant 3rd. Baby steps.

56 minutes ago, Gustav said:

McInnes or Wright would be a significantly better option.

Tommy Wright would just be the managerial equivalent of O'Halloran coming here.

The style of play that's brought him some success at St Johnstone would be as much use as a perforated condom for us.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Tommy Wright would just be the managerial equivalent of O'Halloran coming here.

The style of play that's brought him some success at St Johnstone would be as much use as a perforated condom for us.

Don't agree with that at all, he'd get us well organised and tough to beat first and foremost. 

Not making any sort of comparison in terms of ability obviously but similar to what Walter did when he returned.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Total strawman. I haven't seen anyone saying that McInnes will win us the league.

Everyone would like a top-class manager but it doesn't look like we have the money. I think McInnes would establish us in second place. Not what we want ideally but still closer to winning the league and an improvement on where we are now.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Don't think that's true, more a case of people thinking he would be able to achieve our next aim of establishing us as comfortably 2nd best because as things stand we're a distant 3rd. Baby steps.

Why baby steps though? When the taigs win the league this year they'll be on 7 in a row.

We don't have time to bring in someone to establish us as a comfortable 2nd place before we push on to challenge, we need someone capable of coming in and hitting the ground running because every title they win will give them more and more momentum and before we know it they'll have 10 in a row and beyond while we are still scrapping it out with Aberdeen and St Johnstone.

Dramatic, I know. But not unrealistic.

9 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Why baby steps though? When the taigs win the league this year they'll be on 7 in a row.

We don't have time to bring in someone to establish us as a comfortable 2nd place before we push on to challenge, we need someone capable of coming in and hitting the ground running because every title they win will give them more and more momentum and before we know it they'll have 10 in a row and beyond while we are still scrapping it out with Aberdeen and St Johnstone.

Dramatic, I know. But not unrealistic.

Baby steps because it's the way it has to be unless we invest heavily which we aren't in a position to do.

When I say establish 2nd I mean do that this season then kick on. 

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

So you admit that what you were saying about people calling him the saviour was bullshit.

I said "as though he's the saviour" at no point did I say anyone had called him that.

If you're going to try and criticise my posts at least read them first so as not to make a complete arse of it.

8 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Baby steps because it's the way it has to be unless we invest heavily which we aren't in a position to do.

When I say establish 2nd I mean do that this season then kick on. 

In the long run we'll end up investing heavily anyway because if that's the calibre of manager we're looking at then we're going to be going through a lot of them and spending money to pay them off and get another dumpling in. Money that could have been spent on one good appointment.

Speculate to accumulate. Spend the money to get a good manager in and back him and if it works then it pays off when we start selling on players and getting back into Europe. If the board aren't willing to do that then they should get out and let someone else in because the alternative to it is years of mediocrity and 2nd/3rd place finishes.

If it doesn't work? Then we're left in the position we're in already anyway. At least we won't just be settling for it though.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

In the long run we'll end up investing heavily anyway because if that's the calibre of manager we're looking at then we're going to be going through a lot of them and spending money to pay them off and get another dumpling in. Money that could have been spent on one good appointment.

Speculate to accumulate. Spend the money to get a good manager in and back him and if it works then it pays off when we start selling on players and getting back into Europe. If the board aren't willing to do that then they should get out and let someone else in because the alternative to it is years of mediocrity and 2nd/3rd place finishes.

If it doesn't work? Then we're left in the position we're in already anyway. At least we won't just be settling for it though.

I don't think we have the money to spend that's the thing, it's not a case of getting him in to save on money, I don't think we can afford to get in anyone of note.

I agree about the board getting out but that's not happening anytime soon. I don't think it's settling either, I think it's trying to make the best of a very bad situation.

50 minutes ago, Gustav said:

They got to both cup finals last year and finished easily ahead of us, ending their streak at Ibrox in the process.

We probably would have made both finals had we not drew the tarriers in the semis, when was the last big meaningful game aberdeen won, forget the hoodoo breaker at ibrox as that game meant heehaw in terms of league or cup placings

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

We probably would have made both finals had we not drew the tarriers in the semis, when was the last big meaningful game aberdeen won, forget the hoodoo breaker at ibrox as that game meant heehaw in terms of league or cup placings

The semi final against Hibs.

Regardless of whether he stays or goes I`m genuinely starting to think this squad needs investment of over £20million, at first I thought that was ridiculous and won`t be happening anytime soon but we`ve spent around £6-8million ish this summer and it doesn`t even look like we`ve scratched the surface of where we want to be.

Could a different manager get more out of them, quite possibly,  but quality wise this squad has looked severely lacking.

There Ancelotti been sacked by Bayern. Get him in instead of McInnes*

*to the handful of spackers who will take this seriously. I don't think we could actually get Ancelotti. Kind Regards, LPB

He will go to Aberdeen when we take McInnes :Fod:

Whether we like it or not the taigs raised the bar by bringing in the tranny shagger, we must do the same. The board have to break the bank and bring in a top class manager to challenge these bastards. If not we are going to be challenging for second and mediocrity.

6 minutes ago, Gustav said:

He will go to Aberdeen when we take McInnes :Fod:

Off topic but he's been sacked for being 3 points off the pace in the Bundesliga and getting pumped off the most expensive team in the world last night.

Modern football :lol:

Off topic but he's been sacked for being 3 points off the pace in the Bundesliga and getting pumped off the most expensive team in the world last night.

Modern football :lol:

Mental eh :lol: 

One of the best managers for me, often gets overlooked for Mourinho Guardiola etc but he's as right up there. Liverpool should punt Kloop and get him.