The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

It's the smallest of differences. So people are talking as though he is the saviour but they're not calling him the saviour. 

All I have to do is change my original response to "nobody is talking as though he is the saviour" and the arguments are the same.

Change it then. And then you won't be making an arse of it by making incorrect statements.

8 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Mental eh :lol: 

One of the best managers for me, often gets overlooked for Mourinho Guardiola etc but he's as right up there. Liverpool should punt Kloop and get him.

Must be awkward as fuck for the guy that has to sack him. 

"I know you're one of the best managers ever, Carlo. But... we need to let you go"

Plus he looks like he could have you wiped out at a few minutes notice.

9 minutes ago, Gustav said:

What they want and what they'd get would be 2 very different things.

Then we unsettle their manager they refuse to let us speak with him and will probably report us to the SFA for tapping him up.  

We will need to meet their valuation or we won't get anywhere near him you can be sure of that.  So whatbthey want we will have to pay 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Then we unsettle their manager they refuse to let us speak with him and will probably report us to the SFA for tapping him up.  

We will need to meet their valuation or we won't get anywhere near him you can be sure of that.  So whatbthey want we will have to pay 

Not really how it works.

If he made it known he wanted to be here there's no way their support would allow him to stay.

9 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Do managers actually have to honour their contract, could he not just resign because he wants to ?

Yes as Aberdeen would sue him and he would ne unable to join us and the SFA etc would be involved.  celtic paid Kellie £100k for tapping up Tommy Burns remember.

It's like if Costa did not go to Athletico and refused to go back to Chelsea then they would have kept fining his wages but would have eventually sued for what he was worth as he is in breach of contract 

Just now, Gustav said:

Not really how it works.

If he made it known he wanted to be here there's no way their support would allow him to stay.

That's him forcing the move , would he do it? Aberdeen would still demand x amount or he would have to buy out his contract and I don't see him doing that 

Just now, Copland bear said:

That's him forcing the move , would he do it? Aberdeen would still demand x amount or he would have to buy out his contract and I don't see him doing that 

I don't know. As I say though, if we want him and he wants to come it will happen.

Just now, Gustav said:

I don't know. As I say though, if we want him and he wants to come it will happen.

I have no doubt it would happen if he said he wanted the move, but how much can we give him realistically?  Remember he knocked back Sunderland and we were never really told why.  Maybe that was down to lack of funds.

McInnes would be an improvement on what we have, I will give you that but I want someone better .

Who knows he might come and if he does I hope he proves me wrong as I hoped Pedro would, but Pedro is a lame duck now .  If we do not put a run of wins togeather starting Friday the board will have to act 

Just now, Copland bear said:

I have no doubt it would happen if he said he wanted the move, but how much can we give him realistically?  Remember he knocked back Sunderland and we were never really told why.  Maybe that was down to lack of funds.

McInnes would be an improvement on what we have, I will give you that but I want someone better .

Who knows he might come and if he does I hope he proves me wrong as I hoped Pedro would, but Pedro is a lame duck now .  If we do not put a run of wins togeather starting Friday the board will have to act 

That's fair enough.

Sunderland are a shambles of a club heading one way, he was smart not to take that on.

46 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Yes as Aberdeen would sue him and he would ne unable to join us and the SFA etc would be involved.  celtic paid Kellie £100k for tapping up Tommy Burns remember.

It's like if Costa did not go to Athletico and refused to go back to Chelsea then they would have kept fining his wages but would have eventually sued for what he was worth as he is in breach of contract 

Fair enough, I just thought it might be like other folks jobs, they have a contract but they can walk away if they want.

I understand players being held as they have a value and in most cases a price has been paid by the club.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Fair enough, I just thought it might be like other folks jobs, they have a contract but they can walk away if they want.

I understand players being held as they have a value and in most cases a price has been paid by the club.

I think in such a case the reasons would play a part. For example, if for personal reasons a manager wished to resign, those are more likely to be known within a club anyway and it would more likely than not be amicable. I think the circumstances would play a very big part in these situations.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I Take all of that on board and you make good points there but my thoughts are we need to bridge a gap before we are in any position for a revolution ... we need progress to a level that toppling the tarriers is the next (realistic) aim because right now that's 3 or 4 in front 

a McInnes or Tommy Wright would bridge that and take us to that stage where we are a stage away from topping the tarriers - that's where the investment and a higher caliber of manager would come in and would be easier to attract to once we are at that stage

its far too big a jump to go from where we are now under Pedro to topping the tarriers there's too much work in between that needs to happen and that's what I think a McInnes would be perfect for - and I don't think he's the man to win us trebles and get to champions league - that's where the next phase of improvement should happen 

I don't know if I've explained that well tbh 

Yes that's fair enough, as I said not an appointment that would excite. Doesn't mean it's the wrong appointment for where we are.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Yes that's fair enough, as I said not an appointment that would excite. Doesn't mean it's the wrong appointment for where we are.

I think that's a good liner in relation to us at the moment re McInnes "not an appointment that would excite but not the wrong appointment for where we are"

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Yet he didn't apply for the Rangers manager job last season? Lose his trainers did he? 

He was happy to go for an interview with Sunderland though.

How many manager's that are in a job already apply to become another teams manager? This isn't football manager mate this is reality.

I really don't know what you're Sunderland points about tbh. They agreed compensation with the sheep so he went down and spoke to them simple.

You appear to think DM hits the job centre every Monday morning to see what jobs he can go for before heading home.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

How many manager's that are in a job already apply to become another teams manager? This isn't football manager mate this is reality.

I really don't know what you're Sunderland points about tbh. They agreed compensation with the sheep so he went down and spoke to them simple.

You appear to think DM hits the job centre every Monday morning to see what jobs he can go for before heading home.

McInnes brother in law is a taxi driver and a celtic fan he's picked me up a couple of times in Renfrew and he says he'd walk down to Glasgow for the job - that's coming from the source 

I think I said it before and people don't believe me but he said it (unless he was lying about related to McInnes then I've no control over that )

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Hard to see what manager people will want if losing a cup game and not winning a league they had no chance of winning rules out a manager.

Exactly 

i can understand if people don't want McInnes but the things they use to slate him with are ridiculous ... not making Europa group stages, not beating a rampant celtic side in a cup final, losing away to Motherwell in the cup ...ffs Walter Smith failed at them too if taking them in any sort of isolation 

people need to remember he's in charge of Aberdeen yes Aberdeen they have 11/12k season ticket holders and fuck all money ...compare that to us 40 thousand season ticket holders and spent almost10 million in the summer ...compare and contrast to Pedro and that's the short version I could give more in depth examples 

I'm not even saying McInnes is a saviour he's a good option and an absolute improvement on Pedro 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly 

i can understand if people don't want McInnes but the things they use to slate him with are ridiculous ... not making Europa group stages, not beating a rampant celtic side in a cup final, losing away to Motherwell in the cup ...ffs Walter Smith failed at them too if taking them in any sort of isolation 

people need to remember he's in charge of Aberdeen yes Aberdeen they have 11/12k season ticket holders and fuck all money ...compare that to us 40 thousand season ticket holders and spent almost10 million in the summer ...compare and contrast to Pedro and that's the short version I could give more in depth examples 

I'm not even saying McInnes is a saviour he's a good option and an absolute improvement on Pedro 

How can you say he's an improvement on a gaffer that's had 8 league games with part of his own team when he had to practically rip apart the previous losers team, 

What do we do if we hired mccinned tomorrow and he wasnt in 2nd place by xmas, sack him as he has a multi million quid team and obviously not cutting it? 

53 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Maybe he does love working at Aberdeen. So what? Doesn't mean he hates Rangers, doesn't mean he wouldn't walk it down the A9 to get here.

Who said he hated Rangers? I certainly didn't.

Why didn't he apply for the Rangers manager post when it was vacant?