The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I'm no mystic meg but I always expected this to be the outcome.

Scottish Football as a whole is stuck in its own little bubble and when you appoint somebody as unknown as he was people within that bubble were always going to go for the jugular as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

I've never been particularly keen on him but the guy was facing an uphill battle to be any sort of success here from the moment he was appointed.

Agree with this but also when the manager jettisons popular players amongst squad in summer and brings in players that look utter shite then the questioning of the manager by the players began.

Look at the training pictures from summer onwards, you always have the scottish players training together and then the Portu-Mex mix together.

it's not new so why is it a problem now.

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

and if he doesn't the board have to go along with Pedro - they are not fit for purpose.

My real concern is that when Pedro goes (not if) this board are so clueless and out of touch that they can't be trusted to make the right appointment or a sensible appointment - but I believe we need to get to that stage first then worry about that 

which is a shite position to be in.

i think club1872 have been great this season or recently but they need to start holding them to account the way they have others such as the record and authorities in recent months - but they won't (for reasons only known to themselves but we can have a good guess)

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I agree.

However I feel that Pedro believed as part of his overhaul that some inherited players  would do him a turn in the short term whilst he prioritised elsewhere.

Christ he even bummed several up as captains and leaders.

I think he's now waking up to the reality that this is a serious mis judgement.

Now whether this is developing, or whether he simply didn't gave the time or funds to remove them all at once, its crucial he addresses it.

And that can only happen if the players buy in. Or are removed.

A good post by the way, but it does ask the question if it's the case that certain players have no desire to play for this manager despite him giving them so much trust. I don't like this process anyway, and quite possibly the worst person to comment on it; managers to me are treated abysmally right across the board in football, and there should be more asked of players, whichever club they play for, at times like this.

cunts like Jackson will print any old shite in a bid to keep circulation up and in turn keep cunts like himself in a job.

Cannot fucking wait for the day that scum piece of shit of a paper dies and cunts like him become unemployed, karma always finds a path.

Also think sin bin bans should be brought about for forum members who are basically click baiting for the rhags and other media that we boycott as a forum, fucking disgusting behaviour in all honesty.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

A good post by the way, but it does ask the question if it's the case that certain players have no desire to play for this manager despite him giving them so much trust.

Maybe because they are getting dug up for lack of contribution and now dropped....

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

Win football matches. Problem solved.

You would think so but sometimes that isn't enough either.

I don't want to use this comparison but look at how Delia was treated and perceived when he was at celtic.

He was another relative unknown who came into Scotland and it quickly became clear that his face didn't and would never fit, not just with the press but with certain players at that club too.

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The Daily Record are clearly spinning the story negatively but by the same token I would suspect that there has probably been a degree of positive spin put on the story by the RO, especially if they are the unofficial outlet for the club to get stuff out there, but I think regardless of which version of the story is right (I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle) I think it's pretty obvious how this ends and that's with Caixinha out the door. I'll be stunned if he's still our manager by Christmas.

I think your assessment of the situation is bang on the money. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Maybe because they are getting dug up for lack of contribution and now dropped....

And if that's the case then let's not get into their appreciation, or lack of, of his training techniques etc; some people higher up the game appear to rate this guy. From that meeting, if it's a true reflection of what was said, he was spot on, and they should now be going about doing what he said. 

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Do you think we want Pedro gone because he won't win the league? That's not the case at all, for me anyway. 

The reason I want Pedro gone is because there is no hope of winning a trophy or beating the tarriers while he is here. Second could happen, but I am by no means confident.

I had hoped for us to mount a challenge not win it but give the tims something to think about. 

The results from Pedro this season have been poor we are 8 points behind the filth and we are still in September. Not counting the results at the end of last year. 

If the pod is anything to go by Edgar was saying the Board think the next 8 games are winnable, If he doesn't win 1 of these games does he get the bullet or do we wait to Christmas and see where we are then. Knowing what this board are like we will probably wait until February when we are pumped out of everything before making a decision and giving any new guy transfer funds. 

42 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The Daily Record are clearly spinning the story negatively but by the same token I would suspect that there has probably been a degree of positive spin put on the story by the RO, especially if they are the unofficial outlet for the club to get stuff out there, but I think regardless of which version of the story is right (I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle) I think it's pretty obvious how this ends and that's with Caixinha out the door. I'll be stunned if he's still our manager by Christmas.

Interesting reading the RO's take (I only saw the headlines for Keech's) - comes across as a productive discussion, at which Pedro laid down a few ground rules.

Pedro also feels that the squad should be fully bedded in - so we don't need any more excuses about folk moving to new countries.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree with this but also when the manager jettisons popular players amongst squad in summer and brings in players that look utter shite then the questioning of the manager by the players began.

Look at the training pictures from summer onwards, you always have the scottish players training together and then the Portu-Mex mix together.

Have the popular players who have been jettisoned left the club permanently or are they out on loan?

There's on player who left on loan who I think chose to leave on loan for a very specific reason and that reason is that he suspected Caixinha wouldn't be around for long and he might get an opportunity to come back into the fold if he bides his time.

I think there was always a chance that we would end up with a divided squad and unfortunately that looks like it's happening. I've said it already once in this thread, but for me this only ends one way.

The process of the manager being  out the door before the season ends, the club coasting along on autopilot until the Summer and then offloading about ten players and bringing ten more in is all starting to feel too familiar isn't it?

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Interesting reading the RO's take (I only saw the headlines for Keech's) - comes across as a productive discussion, at which Pedro laid down a few ground rules.

Pedro also feels that the squad should be fully bedded in - so we don't need any more excuses about folk moving to new countries.

As doom and gloom as the record may be, the RO will be equally as positive no matter what. 

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

which players were popular that were jettisoned ,mate? I recall nothing but relief on here when each and every name was announced in the press they were leaving. In fact Pedro was getting praise for moving them on. Theres not one player he has moved on that I would have back

Just now, DBBTB said:

Have the popular players who have been jettisoned left the club permanently or are they out on loan?

There's on player who left on loan who I think chose to leave on loan for a very specific reason and that reason is that he suspected Caixinha wouldn't be around for long and he might get an opportunity to come back into the fold if he bides his time.

I think there was always a chance that we would end up with a divided squad and unfortunately that looks like it's happening. I've said it already once in this thread, but for me this only ends one way.

The process of the manager being  out the door before the season ends, the club coasting along on autopilot until the Summer and then offloading about ten players and bringing ten more in is all starting to feel too familiar isn't it?

And that process will only end one way as well. This club badly needs stability. Would it not also be helpful to the manager for those at the top to support him at a time like this; this was the case with Warburton as well, where he stood alone and faced the music?

I can't buy into the "the home grown players not making him feel welcome." I just can't see Pedro looking at Miller, Wallace, Dorrans & Jack and saying "you bastards haven't been nice to me". I understand such a rant from Pedro wouldn't exactly go that way but it might as well from that bullet point.

However, I can see there being a split in the dressing room between the british players and the foreign guys. When you take into account that so many foreigners were brought in (from only two regions) it will take them time to get used to day to day life up here and therefore will stay closer to the other guys who speak the same tongue as them. I can see this creating two dressing rooms, but in terms of Saturday it's reading too much into it and I'd argue we lost because they aren't very good whether they speak English, Spanish or Portuguese.

As for Dorrans giving up the arm band. That was a load of shite and when you consider his footballing performance Pedro was right to go mad at him, if true.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

which playees were popular that were jettisoned ,mate? I recall nothing but relief on here when each and every name was announced in the press they were leaving. In fact Pedro was getting praise for moving them on. Theres not one player he has moved on that I would have back

'amongst the squad'

1 minute ago, Smile said:

He came with a record that would have struggled to get a job anywhere decent he can't be blamed for landing what would be a dream job for him and his biggest challenge to date, the board members who appointed him can and should be though.

Also appointing a Dof after he was chosen was another brainfart by this board.

Especially when they said they were appointing the DOF first. There isn't  much joined up thinking going on with this board; especially when it comes to the managing of the team..

Just now, Smile said:

He came with a record that would have struggled to get a job anywhere decent he can't be blamed for landing what would be a dream job for him and his biggest challenge to date, the board members who appointed him can and should be though.

Also appointing a Dof after he was chosen was another brainfart by this board.

Yup there's so many fuck ups surrounding it 

I feel a bit for Pedro as he's just not got it but he's really passionate - I don't hate him like I hate McCoist for example but I do get annoyed and lose patience with him when he opens his mouth and talks crap and embarrasses us - can't help how I feel but as it stands (before it gets worse) I'd thank him for his efforts like I did Warburton even if it's nowhere near good enough 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

My real concern is that when Pedro goes (not if) this board are so clueless and out of touch that they can't be trusted to make the right appointment or a sensible appointment - but I believe we need to get to that stage first then worry about that 

which is a shite position to be in.

i think club1872 have been great this season or recently but they need to start holding them to account the way they have others such as the record and authorities in recent months - but they won't (for reasons only known to themselves but we can have a good guess)

I agree with this, I was told over a year ago that King didn't want Warburton, he wanted a Rangers man in as manager but due to the feelings amongst the fans he was talked into appointing someone fresh with no prior connections to Rangers so when everything went tits up for him I just assumed King would revert to his original thought process and go for a guy that would know what Rangers was all about but would perhaps be uninspiring to the fans.

This is why I wanted McInnes, he got Aberdeen playing way above their station and knows this league inside out, he also knows the tims inside out too, whether he would win us the League or not is another matter but I always felt that the next man would have a smoother transition to taking us back to the title if we had someone like McInnes to steady the ship and push us on initially.