The Rugby thread

MisterC

Been to a few international games at murrayfield, not through my own choice but because workmates and friends are into Rugby. I have to say, I really enjoyed the pre match drinking, food and activities around the ground. Sadly, for me the fun stopped once we were in the ground - a really dull game with mixed crowds so lacks atmosphere for me. That said, the amount of superhot women attending these games is phenomenal - never get that at a football match. In fact in many pubs, the level of talent that go out to watch six nations is unbelievable- Ive often though that women love the look of rugby players, in the same way men get off on beach volleyball.

New Zealand retained their Rugby Championship by demolishing Argentina with their reserve squad and also along the way destroying South Africa 57-0 and going to AustraliaΒ and putting 50 points past them. Even the Wallabies giving the game of their lives in New Zealand wasn't enough to stop them. The All Blacks are so fucking scary it's unreal.Β 

1 hour ago, SuperPapac05 said:

New Zealand retained their Rugby Championship by demolishing Argentina with their reserve squad and also along the way destroying South Africa 57-0 and going to AustraliaΒ and putting 50 points past them. Even the Wallabies giving the game of their lives in New Zealand wasn't enough to stop them. The All Blacks are so fucking scary it's unreal.Β 

I'm genuinely still surprised the Lions got a draw over 3 games against them.

1 hour ago, SuperPapac05 said:

The most mental thing about the All Blacks is look at the guys in-eligible for them cause they now play overseas.

TKB, John Afoa, Rene Ranger, Ben Franks, Victor Vito, Aaron Cruden, Hika Elliot, Colin Slade, Tom Taylor, Charles Piutau, Ma'a Nonu, Malakai Fekitoa, Charlie Faumina would all be pushing for selection if back in NZ.

Then there are the older guys like Luke Braid, Jason Eaton, Conrad Smith, Dan Carter, Joe Rokocoko, Casey Laulala, Luke McAlister who would still get into most of the top national sides in the world.

Simon Berghan couldn't even get a game for a domestic team provincial side inΒ NZ and now he is a prop for Scotland!

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Glorious from Scotland. With England and France at home we have seriously got a great shot at going for the 6 nations.Β 

On the flip side it's pretty sad just how much of a shell Australia have become. It's like us. They used to be awesome.Β 

They're still a fantastic side. They're not long after beating the All Blacks.Β 

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

They're still a fantastic side. They're not long after beating the All Blacks.Β 

They're not convincing at all for me. Sure they managed one result, but All Blacks still beat them twice a month earlier and Scotland beat them in Aus a month before that. They need a lot of work for the world cup.Β 

24 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

They're not convincing at all for me. Sure they managed one result, but All Blacks still beat them twice a month earlier and Scotland beat them in Aus a month before that. They need a lot of work for the world cup.Β 

They're still the third best side in the World going by the rankings.

I definitely wouldn't call them a shell of what they were.Β 

I also think that the Northern Hemisphere are just getting better as well.

my all blacks are awesome, the teams they put up in this end of season tour are scary but no where near there first team starting side.

put ben smith, milner skudder, brodie retallick, dane coles, jordie barret, joe moody, owen franks back into the mixer & wtf

• 6 months later...

Some really good games, these end of season tests can sometimes be poor with the Autumn games being more keenly contested but really enjoyed last few weeks.

England v South Africa and Aus v Ireland decent series. Good to see Cipriani back as well.Β