The Rugby thread

MisterC

44 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Fagerson, ritchie and watson secured their lions slots in this game imo

You would hope so but you never know with the Lions squads. So many Scots missed out unfairly before. Watson is a brilliant player but agree that the other 2 should be inΒ 

8 hours ago, MisterC said:

Fagerson, ritchie and watson secured their lions slots in this game imo

Be interesting indeed to see who gets a seat on the plane. Watson can play blind side or open side, he'll definitely be selected. If they take three tight heads I'd assume Fagerson travels, if only two, Sinckler may pip him, Furlong being a shootie-in. Ritchie I fear may miss out, although his staying power and the ability to play anywhere across the back row may stand him in good favour.

Them aside, Hogg and Russell will be defo, Van Der Merwe again made strong claims last night, but Price has been on a downward slope and played himself out of the tour.Β 

Wild card, George Turner. Flanker turned hooker, and no clear stand outs for me this year from any of the home nations.Β 

2 hours ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Be interesting indeed to see who gets a seat on the plane. Watson can play blind side or open side, he'll definitely be selected. If they take three tight heads I'd assume Fagerson travels, if only two, Sinckler may pip him, Furlong being a shootie-in. Ritchie I fear may miss out, although his staying power and the ability to play anywhere across the back row may stand him in good favour.

Them aside, Hogg and Russell will be defo, Van Der Merwe again made strong claims last night, but Price has been on a downward slope and played himself out of the tour.Β 

Wild card, George Turner. Flanker turned hooker, and no clear stand outs for me this year from any of the home nations.Β 

I'd say : Van Der Merhe, Hogg, Russell, Fagerson, Watson, Gray &Β Ritchie.

Will be fuming if we don't have a fair chunk of players.

2 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

I'd say : Van Der Merhe, Hogg, Russell, Fagerson, Watson, Gray &Β Ritchie.

Will be fuming if we don't have a fair chunk of players.

Chris Harris is in with a shout and I'm seeing him being touted as a lions bolter. I'll also say that Adam Hastings wouldn't be out of place on the lions tour.Β 

4 hours ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Turner is a good shout but there are question marks over his throwing at the line out. He is an absolute wrecking ball of a hooker and had a good tournament bar the Ireland game. As you say not many stand outs other than Ken Owen's. I dont think Jamie George has been good for instance, and with Saracens being out of the premiership he may struggle to get up to the required level to make it.

• 1 month later...

If it was a test tomorrow I would expect only Hoggy would start, but I don't think it will take much for Harris and possibly even Price and Watson to getΒ in there. I think the others have work to do, but even being there is hell of a great.

It is going to be good to actually give a shit about the Lions again.Β 

14 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Anyone watching Glasgow v Edinburgh?

I've just turned it on - a Glasgow player has just been stretchered off the pitch and there has been a red card for each side? What the fucks happened? :lol:Β 

Edit: the red card above the Edinburgh on the score has now disappeared.

It was Cummings, he is OKΒ 

new rules being tested in the rainbow cupΒ 

The player who commits theΒ foul is sent off for the whole game - the red only impacts on the game for 20 minutes after which time a replacement can be brought onΒ 

Bennet was given a red for a mistimed tackle on Price when he caught him high and make head contactΒ 

Kebble was given a red for a scuffle with Pyrgos when he ended up elbowing him.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2021 at 16:36, GabrielTomato said:

Ritchie and Gray (Jonny) will be disappointed.Β 

I think GatlandΒ sees Jonny as being a littleΒ Β soft, especially when he’ll be up against the likes of Eztebeth. HeΒ makes lots of tackles but maybe lacks a little of the hard edge that Wyn Jones, etc have.

2 minutes ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

I think GatlandΒ sees Jonny as being a littleΒ Β soft, especially when he’ll be up against the likes of Eztebeth. HeΒ makes lots of tackles but maybe lacks a little of the hard edge that Wyn Jones, etc have.

I think that's a very fair summary.

My good pal who plays rugby said the exact same.Β 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...