Hearts give Rangers 14 thousand tickets

Smile

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Hearts and the beasts have played European ties there in the past so would think it is mate. 

Yeah would think its 5 star...   But found this and no Murrayfield.. (Ibrox is of course) . And of course no crumbling shitehole from the east lol

http://stadiumdb.com/lists/uefa-5-star-stadiums

3 minutes ago, delamonty said:

Yeah would think its 5 star...   But found this and no Murrayfield.. (Ibrox is of course)

http://stadiumdb.com/lists/uefa-5-star-stadiums

Would think it would be, maybe not listed as it's not used much for football? Looking forward to going as it's a venue I've never been and people say it's a great stadium.

1 hour ago, Billy1984 said:

Would think it would be, maybe not listed as it's not used much for football? Looking forward to going as it's a venue I've never been and people say it's a great stadium.

As long as you are not behind the goals. Rugby pitches are longer than football ones, so the stands behind the goals have a Hampdenesque view of the pitch. Take your opera glasses if you are in the rear stand behind the goal.

3 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

As long as you are not behind the goals. Rugby pitches are longer than football ones, so the stands behind the goals have a Hampdenesque view of the pitch. Take your opera glasses if you are in the rear stand behind the goal.

Hopefully not low down behind the goals then as I know what that's like at hampden. I thought going by tv that murrayfield was a bit closer! 

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Why? If you're directing something like that you would do the opposite...

I know which is why I said .. show Scottish football up etc. (Paraphrasing loyal)  ...  Scottish football is nothing without us.  IF they gave us 50K seats, we'd fill it.  No other club in the world has our support.  None. So.. a huge match.. Hearts vs The Rangers and the stadium is half empty?  wtf?

Surely Football is a business... why not sell as many tickets as possible... and the media not showing empty seats are complicit. That's why I posted what I did.  It will take someone with real balls to show the truth.  Like you say though.. they will focus on how 'full' it is..... :tu:

11 minutes ago, delamonty said:

I know which is why I said .. show Scottish football up etc. (Paraphrasing loyal)  ...  Scottish football is nothing without us.  IF they gave us 50K seats, we'd fill it.  No other club in the world has our support.  None. So.. a huge match.. Hearts vs The Rangers and the stadium is half empty?  wtf?

Surely Football is a business... why not sell as many tickets as possible... and the media not showing empty seats are complicit. That's why I posted what I did.  It will take someone with real balls to show the truth.  Like you say though.. they will focus on how 'full' it is..... :tu:

And they're quite right to focus on how 'full' it is, broadcasters will obviously want to promote what they're showing in a good light.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

With the game being live on TV it would have better if Hearts had priced the game to get a 67,000 sell out. Raise the profile of both clubs and Scottish football in general.

As it stands the ground will be half empty.

Nothing to do with price, a Rangers-Hearts game in Edinburgh isn't selling out a 67k seater stadium even if tickets were a tenner.

Hearts’ upcoming home fixtures at BT Murrayfield are fast approaching, with a sizeable Jambos support once again on the cards.

Over 17,000 Hearts fans watched the men in maroon go agonisingly close to winning all three points against Aberdeen last month in what was the club’s biggest home league crowd in over 20 years.

St Johnstone and Rangers visit BT Murrayfield in the space of a week this month and numbers for both games continue to swell.

Around 15,500 home end tickets have been purchased so far for the visit of the Perth Saints on October 21st.

With the news that Rangers have sold out their allocation of 14,100, an electric atmosphere can be expected on October 28th, as over 16,000 Jambos have snapped up briefs to date.

Fans continue to back the club in spectacular fashion, and they can be the 12th man in both games by making BT Murrayfield a sea of maroon and give the first team a true home advantage.

Tickets for both fixtures are on sale now via the club’s three sales channels: online at Hearts eTickets, over the phone by calling 0333 043 1874, option 1 then 1 or in person at the Hearts Ticket Office in the Wheatfield Stand Undercroft.

Please note that supporters wishing to buy tickets for the Rangers game must have a previous buying history with the club.

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

And they're quite right to focus on how 'full' it is, broadcasters will obviously want to promote what they're showing in a good light.

Gustav . the glass isnae half full here? I know what you're saying.. but read my original point... Have some balls (media) and just say Scottish fitba' without The Rangers is dead... 

1 minute ago, delamonty said:

Gustav . the glass isnae half full here? I know what you're saying.. but read my original point... Have some balls (media) and just say Scottish fitba' without The Rangers is dead... 

Unrealistic though considering broadcasters will want to promote whatever they're showing

7 minutes ago, delamonty said:

That isn't 'having baws' it's being idiotic as fuck, they're trying to promote the game as being good to get more viewers, why would they put it down?