Third Kit..

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Re the second point and Morton I think someone else can clear it up better than myself but I'm sure those kits that teams like Morton run about in are generic low-end basic kits that Nike supply rather than design specially for them, market and pay good money for in a kit deal. 

There's junior and even amateur teams cutting about in Nike, Adidas etc. It's a generic template with a badge and sponsor stuck on to them.

I'm fairly confident that's what the majority of the clubs playing in Scotland will have as well. In fact there's a good chance it's only the taigs that have any sort of proper manufacturers sponsorship deal in place because even our kits look like generic templates.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, MuirhouseBear said:

:lol: 

Do you go to the match wearing whatever kit the team will, like I did when I was 7? 

If you don't mind wearing a t-shirt that isn't worn by the actual team then just buy a generic blue one and donate the other £50 straight to the club.  

6 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

All the tops just shout out “Training Top!”

cant wait to get a new kit provider.

That's because they pretty much are. Ranger's didn't have any dialogue with Puma re the strips until after the SD/Retail stuff was sorted. This is the best we're going to get at such short notice. It's also why there's been no kits available since the original stock ran out. It's a small price to pay for getting rid of SD IMO. We'll be back to normal next season. 

For what it's worth I like the black kit. First Puma one I've liked. 

42 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

There's junior and even amateur teams cutting about in Nike, Adidas etc. It's a generic template with a badge and sponsor stuck on to them.

I'm fairly confident that's what the majority of the clubs playing in Scotland will have as well. In fact there's a good chance it's only the taigs that have any sort of proper manufacturers sponsorship deal in place because even our kits look like generic templates.

Yeah exactly. Dundee utd were Nike and basically wore a year old man utd strip in orange.

Same with the sheep this year. Just wearing last seasons man utd top. All teams paid by adidas have a new style 3 stripes on the shoulder whereas teams like the sheep who have a template are wearing last years stripes down the body.

That's what I want for us. Not bothered who makes it but want decent money and a proper exclusive kit deal. Not a shitey template

9 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Have you seen the Chelsea, Spurs or Man City, tops this season? 

Or the France, Portugal, England, any Nike kit other than PSG, Barca or Inter recently is just a plain top in whatever teams colours of choice, Nike would give us run of the mill templates, Adidas as well, you need to be one of the top 10 teams to get any sort of originality from them.

Our best bet is someone like Under Armour or Puma, or maybe even Umbro again if we went originality in our kits.

I'm confident if we stayed with puma next year's offering would be much better than what we have right now, just given a little more time to actually design something.

1 hour ago, rfc1990 said:

You mean, like every single football shirt in the world pretty much? 

Not really no, do international kits look like training tops when they have no sponsor? Did Rangers kits look like training tops with no sponsor when playing in Europe? Don't think they do/did tbh. 

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Has it been confirmed we are leaving Puma end of this season?

The deal is up, so we are free to negotiate a new kit deal. I’d imagine If puma offer the most cash we will take them again, but hopefully not. Need to get adidas back in the fold imo 

2 hours ago, Sid2103 said:

Have you seen the Chelsea, Spurs or Man City, tops this season? 

Or the France, Portugal, England, any Nike kit other than PSG, Barca or Inter recently is just a plain top in whatever teams colours of choice, Nike would give us run of the mill templates, Adidas as well, you need to be one of the top 10 teams to get any sort of originality from them.

Our best bet is someone like Under Armour or Puma, or maybe even Umbro again if we went originality in our kits.

I'm confident if we stayed with puma next year's offering would be much better than what we have right now, just given a little more time to actually design something.

Underarmour, Puma and Umbro all use templates as well. We're never going to have a unique design that nobody else gets but at least if we have a proper deal in place we might get some decent quality.

18 hours ago, Copland bear said:

All I buy are long sleeves and I was wanting a home and away long sleeve for myself and long sleeve away for my son.  He has the Home top long sleeve. 

No wonder we can't get our revenue up as we are not prepared to give fans what they want. If that was an orange and blue top they would sell at least 50.000 units as with this top it will be lucky to sell 10,000 units.  

We are throwing good money away and for what?  To appease our haters 

Calm doon Taylor Swift. 

27 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

All the moaning about templates, isn't our current home kit bespoke to us? 

Im sure it is yeah, based on an old cr smith top. Our away and third kits last season seemed to be unique to us as well.