Rangers Picture Thread

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 18:29, tannerall said:

Moscow Dynamo recruited players from other Russin teams to enhance their line-up on the tour and were effectively the Russian national team.

After a warm up game against Chelsea which ended 3-3, they hammered Cardiff 10-1, then defeated  an Arsenal team that included Stan Mathews and  Stan Mathews as guests 4-3 at White Heart Lane (sic).

So to Ibrox and the famous 2-2 draw in front of 90,000 fans, and as Rangers aggression pinned them back in the second half they famously put on a player as substitute, but omitted to take one off, a tactic they had apparently tried against Arsenal too, damn Ruskies

I love stuff like this, especially as at that time Arsenal and Rangers were the two greatest teams in Britain and probably Europe. The Russians brought along a new kind of football, similar to the later Dutch "Total Football", with all players passing and covering for each other. The Russians also had the great goalkeeper "Tiger Khomich" who was deemed to be the greatest goalie in the world at the time.on a level with the later great Lev Yashin. Only mention of famous hoops back then was the blue/white hoops we played in, and the yellow hoops on the Russians baggy blue shorts.

Not doubting you summary mate, but I was always under the impression Rangers were the only team they did not beat on the tour.

On 10/7/2017 at 17:51, McEwan's Lager said:

Torry Gillick is definitely the one on the left.

followed by charlie johnston 

On 10/7/2017 at 17:27, Johnny Dangerously said:

Found this pic of a Rangers v Moscow Dynamo match at Ibrox. Think we drew 2-2. No idea what their keeper has dropped. If anyone can name any of the Gers players then you’re a better man than me.

9EFAE90A-29E4-4026-9DBA-A2C5653213CF.jpeg

On 10/7/2017 at 17:55, McEwan's Lager said:

I think Billy Williamson is the one holding back the baldy and i've no idea who is coming into shot.

oon

On 10/7/2017 at 17:51, McEwan's Lager said:

Torry Gillick is definitely the one on the left.

jimmy duncanson partly in picture came on as sub ,i know cause i was there

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

That goal meant so much because, despite getting to the final of the ECWC in 67, we had won the grand sum of 'fuk all'  since 1965!!!!!    RM would have been in meltdown mode so for me and thousands of others, that's why DJ's goal held such significance.  

Yeah it was a massive game at the time. How did Derek get his chance? Was it because Greig was out injured?