Rangers Picture Thread

1 hour ago, Callum_Doon said:

I wonder if this is related?

Attributed as, 'Station Bar, Dalmarnock 1961... heading north for the legendary Wolves v Rangers at Molineux a few days later'.

Station1961.jpg

The site I saw it on had this caption.

I received this photograph of the Rangers Supporters Club based in the Station Bar in Dalmarnock Road as they prepared to travel to Wembley in 1961. Scotland lost by 9 goals to 3...I wonder if they went to Wolverhampton on the road back north for the legendary Wolves v Rangers at Molineux a few days later.

2 minutes ago, Don54 said:

The site I saw it on had this caption.

I received this photograph of the Rangers Supporters Club based in the Station Bar in Dalmarnock Road as they prepared to travel to Wembley in 1961. Scotland lost by 9 goals to 3...I wonder if they went to Wolverhampton on the road back north for the legendary Wolves v Rangers at Molineux a few days later.

I was puzzled by the reference to 'road back north'. Absolutely makes sense now if that's the case.

On 28/09/2018 at 01:03, Don54 said:

I seen this a few years ago with someone saying 1953 Rangers played Arsenal at Ibrox in a floodlit match for the first time.

The lack of spectators and strips say otherwise, could be first team V reserves?  or as attributed

I've come across this:

'Sixty-five years ago floodlighting was first introduced at Ibrox, in a friendly match against Stenhousemuir in front of 7,500 fans. The official inauguration came a year later when Arsenal came North to Ibrox Stadium on December 8th 1953'.

52 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:
4 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

Again, approximate year anyone?

8926b046c2d3c20b67426d4988747ae9.jpg

Mid ‘80s I’d say.

Working on club deck would make it 1990 I think or if it's complete 91-93, just downloaded it on pc and enlarged it, work not completed

38 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Working on club deck would make it 1990 I think or if it's complete 91-93, just downloaded it on pc and enlarged it, work not completed

It looks like the roof is on but they are still working on the far away stairwell, I'm not entirely sure what year it was officially opened