Rangers Picture Thread

3 minutes ago, Don54 said:

I'd be lying if I said I  100% posted or  100% didn't, but I'm sure it's on here someplace

It’s got to the stage were I’m pretty sure most of my pics have already been posted before but, I know for sure some haven’t so I will just keep going regardless, ha

10 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

It’s got to the stage were I’m pretty sure most of my pics have already been posted before but, I know for sure some haven’t so I will just keep going regardless, ha

There's too many to remember them all but I've seen that pic outwith here too prob in a book

49 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Any info on this?

Muhammad Latif   on the right

His debut came against Hibs at Easter Road in September 1935, where he lined up alongside legendary forward Bob McPhail. The match ended 1-1 and Latif didn’t cover himself in glory, if reports from the time are to be believed. The Glasgow Herald saying, “Rangers never revealed anything like championship class, the rugged nature of the contest being all against studied action. Their attack was weakened by the inclusion of Latif, who was too impetuous, and McPhail was in listless mood.”

In 1936 he returned to Egypt and signed for his old club. Later that year he represented Egypt again on the international stage – this time appearing in the football tournament at the controversial Olympic games in Berlin.

I'm guessing that's  his old club   El Mokhtalat SC

if you scroll down this link you'll get more of the info

https://iainduff.wordpress.com/tag/Rangers/

2 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

I’ve got a team pic, what do you think of it

83DE9938-67A4-479D-B4DA-FDA7FF1B4206.jpeg

That must be taken around 1910/1911. I recognise a few faces.

James Bowie, second from the right in the bottom row. James Wilson, the trainer of that team, is the guy with the moustache. Next to him on the right I think is Herbert Lock but I can’t be sure.

13 hours ago, Don54 said:

Muhammad Latif   on the right

His debut came against Hibs at Easter Road in September 1935, where he lined up alongside legendary forward Bob McPhail. The match ended 1-1 and Latif didn’t cover himself in glory, if reports from the time are to be believed. The Glasgow Herald saying, “Rangers never revealed anything like championship class, the rugged nature of the contest being all against studied action. Their attack was weakened by the inclusion of Latif, who was too impetuous, and McPhail was in listless mood.”

In 1936 he returned to Egypt and signed for his old club. Later that year he represented Egypt again on the international stage – this time appearing in the football tournament at the controversial Olympic games in Berlin.

I'm guessing that's  his old club   El Mokhtalat SC

if you scroll down this link you'll get more of the info

https://iainduff.wordpress.com/tag/Rangers/

Mate that’s quality, I’d read about Latif but never thought I’d see a photo of him.

20 hours ago, Don54 said:

He played 39 games   if you're talking about David Gray

20 hours ago, Don54 said:

He played 39 games   if you're talking about David Gray

27 in the war time league,must have been one of these conspiracy theory people like the war didnt happen

23 hours ago, Don54 said:

Ik  who  he is that's why I asked, he actually signed 1945,   he made his debut   against   Queens Park   on    20th   October  1945

and his last game was   against Morton on 5th October 1946,    so it will be very hard   to find him with a number 2   shirt

as  numbered shirts were first introduced in Scotland in 1946 but were not compulsory until 1960.

tims never wore them on jerseys  on the leg of the shorts.