Rangers Picture Thread

12 hours ago, jamess said:

I like that strip, and been in a few team pictures recently. Just don't remember it.

That strip was worn in the 1964 cup final against Dundee,i don't think it used after the mid sixties,for some strange reason that picture looks like a photoshoot John Greig didn't have his beard in those days.

On 22/01/2021 at 20:52, Don54 said:

There's a massive clue in the date as to which Williamson I was referring to.

And it was 32 years and 9 months, 2 weeks and 2 days difference, between the former's last game and the latter's first game for us

which one would you have preffered in todays team?

On 26/01/2021 at 11:43, Wee Bud said:

That strip was worn in the 1964 cup final against Dundee,i don't think it used after the mid sixties,for some strange reason that picture looks like a photoshoot John Greig didn't have his beard in those days.

It's from training session before cup winners final 

22 hours ago, Don54 said:

Billy was before my time but from what I've read and heard about him I think I'd have picked him.

same style of player,strong bustling type,billy was 2 nd choice for thornton mainly but the team got shufled about when a vacancy happenedi think billy would prob be 1st.

On 26/01/2021 at 11:43, Wee Bud said:

i think it first came out at 1960   c.w/final against fiorentina ,for some reason the 72 final they seem to use it in  training

On 26/01/2021 at 11:47, McEwan's Lager said:

That picture posted above is training prior to the Cup Winners Cup final.

Blue and white striped kit was still used as the change kit until about 1971.

057c695c1b61b021cf76b875913e50b3.jpg

john g got a cut on his face andcould,nt shave and the beard appeared back then the players had to be clean shven and john seem to break the mould.