Rangers Picture Thread

23 minutes ago, G.A.T.J. said:

Definitely not this goal.

12495040_10207028664266598_6509874936939691769_n.jpg

Great find that's the one in the league cup game in 1973.  

I wasn't at that one as my first was the 1973 cup final. According to a website (cellic wiki unfortunately), this game was played at night time, and MacDonald scored the goal from an inswinging cross. So that one was scored at the Rangers end too. Doddy was my hero, so appreciate that photo. Mad how many coincidences in the two photos regarding the players and their numbers. 

What do you think now, is this other one correct ? I still think it is.

3852971.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

58 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I wasn't at that one as my first was the 1973 cup final. According to a website (cellic wiki unfortunately), this game was played at night time, and MacDonald scored the goal from an inswinging cross. So that one was scored at the Rangers end too. Doddy was my hero, so appreciate that photo. Mad how many coincidences in the two photos regarding the players and their numbers. 

Its definitely not the goal from the 1975 League cup final , although I think it is a photo from that game. Possibly from the first half , Parlane's header that dipped over the bar.🔮

13 hours ago, tannerall said:

It's clearly a daylight game and definitely the tim's end.  Sunlight on all the faces is from the south therefore the photo is taken looking east.  It can't be wee Doddie's goal.   In fact, is it a photo of a goal at all?  We can't tell from the photo if it is going in or fizzing across the face of the goal.   It looks like tim scarves on the fans behind.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It's clearly a daylight game and definitely the tim's end.  Sunlight on all the faces is from the south therefore the photo is taken looking east.  It can't be wee Doddie's goal.   In fact, is it a photo of a goal at all?  We can't tell from the photo if it is going in or fizzing across the face of the goal.   It looks like tim scarves on the fans behind.

Yeah,that's a puzzle.

@G.A.T.J. reply is interesting "although I think it is a photo from that game. Possibly from the first half , Parlane's header that dipped over the bar".

Can't be bothered to look through the whole game but that could be an answer, or even some other part of the 75 game,  can you pinpoint it in the video @G.A.T.J. ?

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Yeah,that's a puzzle.

@G.A.T.J. reply is interesting "although I think it is a photo from that game. Possibly from the first half , Parlane's header that dipped over the bar".

Can't be bothered to look through the whole game but that could be an answer, or even some other part of the 75 game,  can you pinpoint it in the video @G.A.T.J. ?

I don't have video of the whole game, never mind highlights. Do you have footage of the whole game ?

3 minutes ago, G.A.T.J. said:

I don't have video of the whole game, never mind highlights. Do you have footage of the whole game ?

Didn't find it on youtube. 

Probably not Parlane as it looks like Doddy's left leg to me, and he's smaller. 

But could be at another point in the game. 

Quite a mystery this one, like a jigsaw puzzle slowly  coming together. Lots of good input. And I notice there was another photo above being disputed and discussed. Someone should start a separate discussion thread for these photos to help get us through covid. :lol:

13 hours ago, jamess said:

No matter what or where, this is some hell of a photo!

Was virtually in line with Doddie when he scored that in the enclosure in front of the main stand. It was an early kick off 1 pm, polis decided to try and curtail the bevvy.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

That’s definitely the tarrier end

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Didn't find it on youtube. 

Probably not Parlane as it looks like Doddy's left leg to me, and he's smaller. 

But could be at another point in the game. 

Quite a mystery this one, like a jigsaw puzzle slowly  coming together. Lots of good input. And I notice there was another photo above being disputed and discussed. Someone should start a separate discussion thread for these photos to help get us through covid. :lol:

It is definitely MacDonald in the picture, but I think its Parlane who has headed the ball.

21 minutes ago, ps95v7 said:
On 07/10/2017 at 18:29, Johnny Dangerously said:

Remember these wee blue blow up wee men that had number 12 on the back?

Better still the King Billy tea towel

D99F5BCA-5712-4ECC-BECE-01582CE95B65.jpeg

Expand  

You know the pathetic thing is the wee blow up wouldn't probably be allowed in now health and safety :hmmm:

3 hours ago, ps95v7 said:
On 07/10/2017 at 18:29, Johnny Dangerously said:

Remember these wee blue blow up wee men that had number 12 on the back?

Better still the King Billy tea towel

D99F5BCA-5712-4ECC-BECE-01582CE95B65.jpeg

Last time I saw that I told folk on here it was Willie Johnston crowd surfing after scoring against cellic. 

:lol: