Rangers Picture Thread

On 26/03/2021 at 19:27, Canabear said:

We played celtic 3 times in a Month , all at Ibrox , and this is the 3rd of those 3 games. Due to work being done at their dump the two League Cup sectional games were played at Ibrox with them winning 2-0 and 3-0 respectively and a young Kenny Dalglish scoring in both.

1st pic. is Willie Johnston celebrating after scoring from the penalty spot.

2nd pic. is Colin Stein about to slam home the second goal that day with a minute to go to half-time.

3rd pic. is a goal that was disallowed for dangerous play but as you can see Stein is at least two yards away from the goalkeeper and the goal should've stood.

Here's the highlights of that game.

We also lost the new year game to them at the bheastdome by a score of 2-1 that season.

Looking at the crowd shows how big the old Ibrox was, even with 80000 in there is loads of space. 

23 hours ago, G.A.T.J. said:

Pic 1. Ferguson scoring the first v Athletics Bilbao at Ibrox in 1969 Fairs cup Quarter final.

Pic 2.  Stein scoring number 4 in a 4-1 win which would be crucial as we lost the second leg 0-2

Pic 3. Greig missing penalty.

Pic 4. Not sure is this Penman (not in picture) scoring number 2 ?

Pic 5. Not sure is this Persson (not in picture) scoring number 3 ?

bovJHYS.jpg

SCOTLAND-UNSEEN-SPORT-8.jpg

IMG_20210328_230522.JPG

se3ad1zwqsm61.jpg

Willie Johnston v Athletic Bilbao 1969.jpeg

fantastic never seen those photos before a great result 

my first european game at Ibrox 1970 v bayern munich in the fairs city cup we lost 1-0 away in munich and drew 1-1 at Ibrox  gerd muller not in this pic scored direct from an indirect free kick unbelievable was given

image.thumb.png.d5792c10fdf1176bd73896237d9e419b.png

image.png.72c5d81fac082179d26b37786a6a8f6d.png

23 hours ago, G.A.T.J. said:

Pic 1. Ferguson scoring the first v Athletics Bilbao at Ibrox in 1969 Fairs cup Quarter final.

Pic 2.  Stein scoring number 4 in a 4-1 win which would be crucial as we lost the second leg 0-2

Pic 3. Greig missing penalty.

Pic 4. Not sure is this Penman (not in picture) scoring number 2 ?

Pic 5. Not sure is this Persson (not in picture) scoring number 3 ?

bovJHYS.jpg

SCOTLAND-UNSEEN-SPORT-8.jpg

IMG_20210328_230522.JPG

se3ad1zwqsm61.jpg

Willie Johnston v Athletic Bilbao 1969.jpeg

found a colour picture of the away game in bilbao.

image.thumb.png.02398852673db62687b9dcd6ac4c323c.png

39 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

I was lucky to be in the back row of the Govan Stand that day. Seems a while ago now. Albertz scored a carbon copy of the goal he’d scored against them the previous week.

I really thought we were well on our way to 10 in a row that day, I couldn't speak after we left the stadium my vocal chords were shot to bits

20 hours ago, hawkfalcons said:

my first european game at Ibrox 1970 v bayern munich in the fairs city cup we lost 1-0 away in munich and drew 1-1 at Ibrox  gerd muller not in this pic scored direct from an indirect free kick unbelievable was given

image.thumb.png.d5792c10fdf1176bd73896237d9e419b.png

image.png.72c5d81fac082179d26b37786a6a8f6d.png

I was at that game that night and how there wasn't a riot i'll never know. I know the players complained to the ref but it all fell on deaf ears.

One thing for sure though was the referee did have his hand in the air signalling an indirect free kick and it never hit anyone on the way in either.

I was at Broomfield one night and the same thing happened , an indirect free kick was given to Airdrie , their player stepped up to take it , might have been Drew Busby , and belted it straight at McCloy who fumbled the shot into the net thereby negating the indirect free kick and the goal stood. If he'd let it go straight in it wouldn't have counted the same way Muller's shouldn't have counted. AIrdrie won that game 4-3 that night as well.

3 hours ago, Canabear said:

I was at that game that night and how there wasn't a riot i'll never know. I know the players complained to the ref but it all fell on deaf ears.

One thing for sure though was the referee did have his hand in the air signalling an indirect free kick and it never hit anyone on the way in either.

I was at Broomfield one night and the same thing happened , an indirect free kick was given to Airdrie , their player stepped up to take it , might have been Drew Busby , and belted it straight at McCloy who fumbled the shot into the net thereby negating the indirect free kick and the goal stood. If he'd let it go straight in it wouldn't have counted the same way Muller's shouldn't have counted. AIrdrie won that game 4-3 that night as well.

i have all of the playing for Rangers books and one that was brought out at that time had a picture of the referree clearly signaling an indirect free kick , unfortunately dont know how to take pic and post

5 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

i have all of the playing for Rangers books and one that was brought out at that time had a picture of the referree clearly signaling an indirect free kick , unfortunately dont know how to take pic and post

You using a phone or tablet with a camera? 

Just now, hawkfalcons said:

i dont have a tablet so would have to be a phone 

Just take the photo, when you write a new post there’s a bit that says ‘add files’

you can either upload the photo from your phone photo library or take a picture from that menu 

681C1FF2-C6AD-4739-A586-6DF7E2A0DB36.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Just take the photo, when you write a new post there’s a bit that says ‘add files’

you can either upload the photo from your phone photo library or take a picture from that menu 

681C1FF2-C6AD-4739-A586-6DF7E2A0DB36.jpeg

cheers mate i will get books out look for pic and give it a try tomorrow 

On 29/03/2021 at 22:49, hawkfalcons said:

I just dug out the programme I got at the next home game at Ibrox which was against Motherwell, and on the front cover is a clear picture of the free kick award with the headline... " Moment of Confusion".

Like everyone else at the time I thought it was an indirect free kick, but if you look at the ref's arm he's not got it straight in the air, it's kind of pointing towards our goal, whereas John Greig has his hand straight up in the the way that would be deemed to be indicating an indirect free kick, could it have been Greig that caused the confusion rather than the ref?

As I said, at the time I thought it was the wrong decision by the ref, we need to get the VAR out guys and cause even more confusion. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bayern.jpg