Rangers Picture Thread

On 15/09/2021 at 00:36, JCDBigBear said:

Although there is a very strong likeness with big Corkie, is this not Don "The Rhino" Kitchenbrand?

The book I took it from has it as George Young and it does look like him.  

The Glasgow Merchant's Charity Cup was competed for between 1877 and 1966. Rangers won it most times (31) with celtic recording (28) victories. # the most successful team in football.

Picture 1. Shows Williamson heading Rangers ahead on the way to a 2-0 Final win at Hampden 8/5/48.

Picture 2. Shows Prentice shooting past Bonnar from 25 yards for the only goal of the game in a first round tie at Hampden 1/5/54.

Picture 3. Shows Brand scoring against them in the 1959 semi final at Ibrox.

Picture 4. Shows Rangers winning the coin toss after a 1-1 draw in the 1960 semi final at Ibrox.

Picture 5. Shows Tommy Muirhead's winners medal from 1930.

Picture 6. The beautiful trophy itself.

IMG_20200511_124541.JPG

IMG_20200511_124842.JPG

153786493_GW633H372(2).thumb.jpg.7a149b41f5e464aa021dbec687a50aefb.jpg.79f85678f7b03511cd0c44a153f5ca63.jpg

CRO RangersFACTS NA 4.jpg

image.thumb.png.81a8b231547c9d6d9e57beef7a236947.png

EjK-4ipX0AU3BEc.jpeg

3 hours ago, covbear said:

The book I took it from has it as George Young and it does look like him.  

I don't disagree about the likeness but I still think it's the White Rhino.  Old books were notorious for getting names and photos mixed up.   However, that is just my opinion.

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Good to see that it has been found and put on display.  In my opinion it is the best looking football trophy I've ever seen.

It was only when the Scottish Football Museum was being established in the mid 1990s that a guy called Ken Gibb tried to track it down.

He eventually found it but because the cup is silver and hadn't been cleaned for 60 years it was pot black. It took a lot of elbow grease to polish it back to the beautiful condition it's in now

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Was the Skol cup final always on the day the clocks went back?

Skol.jpg

True story.

One year when I was living in Fife, we came through on Saturday for a few drinks with a mate and then he and I went to the game on the Sunday. Confident of a win, I set the old video to record it to watch it again when I got home.

Sure enough, great weekend, cup in blue ribbons, home Sunday evening to watch it again.

Forgot all about the clocks changing, press play and instead of Cup Final Sportscene, I got this…

:lol:

On 30/10/2021 at 15:22, Colin Traive said:

True story.

One year when I was living in Fife, we came through on Saturday for a few drinks with a mate and then he and I went to the game on the Sunday. Confident of a win, I set the old video to record it to watch it again when I got home.

Sure enough, great weekend, cup in blue ribbons, home Sunday evening to watch it again.

Forgot all about the clocks changing, press play and instead of Cup Final Sportscene, I got this…

:lol:

Bonanza pretty good but High Chaparral was better :pipe: