Rangers Picture Thread

1 minute ago, SteveEarle said:

Was gutted when it didn't work out for him at Ibrox.  What a player he could have been for us!

I never knew it was Paul Mcstays cousin he nutted, my old boys just told me there. Yeah it's a shame but he probably had no chance after the scum made him a target 

image.thumb.png.3c4b16bae21c3b40a9a48030339dde72.png

John McCartney spent a lifetime in football. From humble origins in Glasgow, where he was born in 1866, he had a fairly unremarkable playing career with Cartvale, Glasgow Thistle, Rangers, Cowlairs, Newton Heath, Luton Town and Barnsley. At Oakwell he stepped up in 1901 to become secretary/manager and found his metier. He joined St Mirren in 1904 and took them to their first Scottish Cup final, then joined Hearts in 1910, spending a decade at Tynecastle. He went south in 1920 to Portsmouth, taking them from the Southern League to the First Division, and concluded with two years at Luton where he fought back from a leg amputation before ill health ultimately forced his retiral. He died in Edinburgh in 1933.