*** The Official St Johnstone vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Good result, good to see Pena growing in confidence, Dorrans played well and ran the game in midfield much better and we also coped with 20 odd corners, St Johnstone were level on points with us until tonight and I thought we had one of our best performances of the season so far, and we went to a back 3 aswell. 

2 minutes ago, ranter said:

Defence wasn't that bad defending corners was a real weak point last season. Lost count of their corners and not to lose a goal from any is a real plus.

Yeah they had a high number of corners and didn't score but our defence just doesn't fill me with confidence, I feel I'm always waiting for a wee disaster to happen.

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Really happy with those 3 points....difficult away game. Morelos is an absolute machine, and happy to see he was disappointed at coming off. The guys desperate for goals!! 

Dorrans needs to calm down a bit....can see him getting a few reds this season.

Pena is a weird player to fathom out. Strong and has ability but also looks wooden and flat footed at times. 

Was hard fraught but a win is a win!! Can see signs of improvement!!

For what??

Arse was twitching start of 2nd half but was good to see us keep them out at all costs.

Liking Pena's finishing and its making wee Buffalo hunt everything as he wants to be the top man for goals which he is but Pena closing in on him.

Thought Dorrans was fucking outstanding also.

Just now, GOAT said:

I've been a bit critical of Dorrans so far this season, he was the best player on the park tonight.  

Miles ahead mate.

Tbf to.him he barely had a pie season with they cunts norwich. He's getting there.

His passing was sublime.

If teams played like that against the fenians, the way they do against us, they wouldn’t run away with the league every year.

ive not seen a game this season were teams aren’t throwing themselves into tackles, aren’t putting themselves about in corners, fouling as if they depend on it. Buts it’s only against us.

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

If teams played like that against the fenians, the way they do against us, they wouldn’t run away with the league every year.

ive not seen a game this season were teams aren’t throwing themselves into tackles, aren’t putting themselves about in corners, fouling as if they depend on it. Buts it’s only against us.

Have to agree, too many stand off the ugly mob