*** The Official St Johnstone vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

10 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Really happy with those 3 points....difficult away game. Morelos is an absolute machine, and happy to see he was disappointed at coming off. The guys desperate for goals!! 

Dorrans needs to calm down a bit....can see him getting a few reds this season. 

Pena is a weird player to fathom out. Strong and has ability but also looks wooden and flat footed at times. 

Was hard fraught but a win is a win!! Can see signs of improvement!!

Why what did dorrans do?seems calm all the time to me 

17 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

....and deny him his ghosted runs into the box, which is the reason he scores those goals? Nah.

I suppose his poor link up play, bad touch and anonymity in midfield can be excused if he pops up in the box and keeps scoring winners.

6 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Wes could have saved a whole load of drama by just coming out and claiming the ball.

Wes is what Wes is. What I'm saying is last season we couldn't defend corners. Tonight we did. To me that's progress. 2 good goals from 2 good crosses to me means maybe we can start scoring from corners. Not many negative in a 3-0 away win.

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

If teams played like that against the fenians, the way they do against us, they wouldn’t run away with the league every year.

ive not seen a game this season were teams aren’t throwing themselves into tackles, aren’t putting themselves about in corners, fouling as if they depend on it. Buts it’s only against us.

True, but they did take a point off the invincibles earlier this season. Not many teams will leave McDiarmid Park with a 3-0 win.

4 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Great win. Played shite at times but fuck it the 3 points are all that counts.

Best thing of the night was other players getting in our enemies faces. About time we showed some balls and fucking stood up to these wankers. Fucking in about them. Scum cunts

Jason Holt always seems up for defending team mates, not sure exactly what he could do with his 10 stone frame but fair play to him for being up for it!

Shame that Windass is looking more and more like his old self with each passing game. There was a brief period at the start of the season when he looked like our most dynamic midfielder.

Definitely agree that we'll have to address our left flank in January. Not sure it would have been my priority two months ago, but it's a big worry now.

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

3 points, +3 goal difference, clean sheet, best performance to date for Dorrans and 85 decent minutes from Pena, that did not look likely in the first 60 minutes but fucking take that.

Thought we stood up well to the pressure we were put under and looked more resilient, the clean sheet is a big plus.

Heard some wank on radio scotland before the game say Rangers would be happy with the draw, get it right fucking up ye.

Fucking Steven Thompson said it the prick 

Thought we played really well and coped with everything they threw at us... often literally throwing themselves into challenges against us. Not seen a lot of their other games. Are they always this aggressive and desperate with their tackling? Or is it only reserved for games against us...

Solid performance from Morelos. 

Drew defenders in with his runs for Pena's goals. 

Anderson couldn't handle his control and turn and got sent off which secured the win. 

Had the energy to turn and run at their defence after 86 mins which fucked their defence when ball came into Dorrans  

Might not have scored but really impressive performance tonight.

4 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

I suppose his poor link up play, bad touch and anonymity in midfield can be excused if he pops up in the box and keeps scoring winners.

He links up pretty well with Morelos. He did have very good touches which people tend to ignore..yes he had some poor touches, but so did most of our players. Players sometimes dont see him in great positions during the game and pick the easy pass in stead... His touch and general play has been improving for every game. He will keep improving and if he can keep scoring goals in the process then great. I just feel that he gets singled out more than any player in the team bar Windass.

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'm lazy and can't be arsed reading through the thread, missed the game ,seen the highlights  ( not through choice) how did we play overall?

We'll probably be docked points for playing two Pena's. Ones utter shite. The other will probably win the Ballon d'Or.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We are 2/3 players away from being a solid fuckin team. Last season under Warburton we loose 2 minimum in that game.

Things are improving slowly but surely

Pedro's got everything to prove but there was a physical aspect to our game tonight that Warburtons teams never had.