Ally Scott

Don81

My first Rangers game going to Ibrox with my pals was an 8-0 horsing of Queens Park, sure he scored that day.

I thought 8 was going to be the norm.

Eric Morris also played that day, sure we signed him from Irvine Meadow:lol:

26 minutes ago, pcbear said:

My first Rangers game going to Ibrox with my pals was an 8-0 horsing of Queens Park, sure he scored that day.

We did.

I have supported Irvine Meadow ever since despite living 70 or so miles away. Just loved the name. Been to loads of games. 

53 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Always get Eric Morris confused with Cher’s son in Mask.

3762B5CC-DDAC-47FF-90E1-C8ABF7848E73.thumb.jpeg.7ec666c2c1993a23ddda9a5868d10040.jpeg

D2940BD7-9AB8-443C-940E-EFA7CD0E97DA.thumb.jpeg.440e0beaad401a35aa705caf610cfda1.jpeg

:lol:

I seen Ally Scott play for Morton, same era as Andy Ritchie etc. When I was at school I sometimes went to Cappielow as most of my mates were Ton fans. 
Pretty sure he played up front and his nickname was Bald Eagle as he had a Bobby Charlton thing going on.

12 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

The first time I was allowed to go to a match against the taigs Ally Scott scored. It was in the league Cup at ibrox 1973. We lost 2-1 Fuck knows how he got a game. Don't know who was worse: Ally Scott, Billy Urquhart or Martin Henderson

Still don't understand how Martin Henderson could keep Derek Parlane on the bench . 

3 hours ago, gmcf said:

Still don't understand how Martin Henderson could keep Derek Parlane on the bench . 

Unreal mate. Worse one that, do you remember we played Cologne in the quarter final of the European Cup 1979 lost the first leg 1-0 second leg John Greig played Billy Urquhart up front and left Parlane on the bench. We ended up drawing 1-1  and went out 2-1 on aggregate. 

6 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

Unreal mate. Worse one that, do you remember we played Cologne in the quarter final of the European Cup 1979 lost the first leg 1-0 second leg John Greig played Billy Urquhart up front and left Parlane on the bench. We ended up drawing 1-1  and went out 2-1 on aggregate. 

:lol: Mental really , to think he was playing Highland League football just months previously . 

On 14/10/2017 at 15:26, dougal72 said:

Had him in my taxi this morning. Sound guy and still follows the Gers. Any older bears have any memories of him? A name I had heard but didn't know much about him. Was here between 73 and 76.

Yes best mullet to have ever graced the Rangers

1876173306_allyscott.thumb.jpeg.9e573ee8feaff11d98aea3eeafc6f659.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I remember going to Arbroath in August 1973 for a League Cup tie on a Wednesday night. Rangers were losing 1-0 until well into the second half. Arbroath played really well and i couldn't believe Ally Scott could get a game before Parlane who was on the bench. I thought he was such an average player who's control of the ball was very poor. Plenty running, but a general lack of skill.

We ended up winning 2-1 with Parlane coming on and scoring the winner near the end. 

It's no surprise he wasn't at Ibrox long but as an aside he scored a great goal against us for Hibs at Easter Road in a 1-1 draw in another League Cup tie. I remember the guy next to me saying 'is that the same player that used to play for us!'