McInnes- is it now or never?

Deanzmeanzheinz

Are we missing a trick here? Is he a very good manager/coach staring us in the face? 

I appreciate it will be difficult to get him (even though they allowed him to meet Sunderland) but he is 'one of our own'.

So, should we bite the bullet with Pedro and go for him before someone else moves in? 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Are we missing a trick here? Is he a very good manager/coach staring us in the face? 

I appreciate it will be difficult to get him (even though they allowed him to meet Sunderland) but he is 'one of our own'.

So, should we bite the bullet with Pedro and go for him before someone else moves in? 

No

He isn't

Yes we should but it shouldn't be Mcinnes we go for.

I assume you are bringing this up as he has been linked to the Scotland job.

When he has come up against them he has not done well nor has he made much of a mark in Europe.

So he would not bring us up a level not I believe allow us to attract a better quality of player.

Docherty is the brains behind him and i don't want him anywhere near Ibrox. No thanks. Would rather put up with Pedro for now and hope for the best. Whenever we do need a new manager i fully expect us to do a hell of a lot better than Derek McInnes and his tarrier side kick. 

9 minutes ago, gj923 said:

I assume you are bringing this up as he has been linked to the Scotland job.

When he has come up against them he has not done well nor has he made much of a mark in Europe.

So he would not bring us up a level not I believe allow us to attract a better quality of player.

I think it's because he managed a 1-0 win at Easter Rd against an awful awful Hibs side. 

And your opinion of him is spot on. Mediocre pish. 

18 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

This is the sort of pish that usually gets posted after we draw or lose not after a 3-0 away win ffs

Not really, and im open minded about it. But he's got Aberdeen up there again on a limited budget. All this and he lost mcginn, jack, hayes last season. 

He's challenging sellick right now, are we? 

No.

We might be but it sure as fuck aint McInnes.

Possibly but i am prepared to give Pedro more time as things are slowly getting better.

A few weeks ago after St Johnstone drew against the beggars, there were folk on here saying Tommy Wright would be a better choice, i would like to think what they think after last nights match.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No.

We might be but it sure as fuck aint McInnes.

Possibly but i am prepared to give Pedro more time as things are slowly getting better.

A few weeks ago after St Johnstone drew against the beggars, there were folk on here saying Tommy Wright would be a better choice, i would like to think what they think after last nights match.

If it isn't McInnes, and it aint anyone else in scottish football (presumably) then who could we realistically get if Pedro was to fall on his sword?