Tickets for games?

The Mongoose

I went to the Legends Game at Fleetwood during the Summer.

It was easy to get the tickets and print them out at Home and very little cost.

So why can We not have a similar system which would mean not having a £7 delivery fee...or a 1 hour to 2 hour wait for tickets?....Surely it is easy in this day and age?

13 minutes ago, The Mongoose said:

I went to the Legends Game at Fleetwood during the Summer.

It was easy to get the tickets and print them out at Home and very little cost.

So why can We not have a similar system which would mean not having a £7 delivery fee...or a 1 hour to 2 hour wait for tickets?....Surely it is easy in this day and age?

Am sure hivs do it so you can print at home. 

Forgery could be an issue especially given some of Scotland's creative criminals.  

Places such as cinemas do it but then ask for id validation, that would slow the entry process at games.  

Would also mean little or no control over the hooligan element who invade pitches and are subsequently banned :whistle:

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Maybe I’m stating the obvious but old firm games cunts would just print two tickets off and hope a steward on a turnstile is convinced the barcode won’t scan or something 

I am sure there is a system in place that once a ticket has been downloaded it cannot be copied

I might be wrong though

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Forgery could be an issue especially given some of Scotland's creative criminals.  

Places such as cinemas do it but then ask for id validation, that would slow the entry process at games.  

Slower than an hour and a half waiting in queue at ticket office?

8 minutes ago, The Mongoose said:

I am sure there is a system in place that once a ticket has been downloaded it cannot be copied

I might be wrong though

No but when you go to print something off it gives you the option first time to print off 2/3/4/5 copies if you want 

?? I'm sure the idea of printing more than one copy of tickets has been thought of before now. Printing tickets at home is very popular as is having the bar code on your phone scanned. 

For what it's worth, you can photocopy a ticket's bar code just as easy as you can print 2 copies of tickets off. Same outcome 

The only time you ever pay £7 delivery is when the games at Hampden & that's purely because they don't do re-prints, it's not a standard cost for delivery of tickets from Rangers!

So even if we did upgrade our system to allow print at home tickets (shite idea btw) you would still get an actual ticket from Hampden for these games, that they still wouldn't do re-prints on & you would still have to pay the £7 delivery fee for! 

The risk to innocent punters buying sniders is high. The risk of folk with legit tickets not getting in as folk with fakes have would be high.

So unless the technology is far better than what we have then original tickets like we have with various security measures currently are the most sensible option.

And remember we're discussing other organisations spending money to save fans spending money. Never high on their list of priorities.