• No

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, AldoKrfc said:

I wasn't really old enough to enjoy 9iar as I was 6 when we won the 9th title but my earliest memories of watching Rangers were always good memories. Watching laudrup and Gascoigne run riot in every old firm games was brilliant. The first one I remember losing was in the cup game when I think lambert and burley scored in 1998. It was good growing up knowing that celtic are far inferior to us and to this day I still really believe that because I grew up in they days. 

Your last sentence is very pertinent and probably sums up what most bears still feel. More inportantly though deep deep down the taigs believe it as well.  They know they are marking time as there is only one establishment club in this country.... They reside at Ibrox  and that right there is what eats them. 

I was born 1980 so grew up watching successful Rangers teams and during 9 in a row. I was at Tannadice the night we sealed it.

The last few years have been tough to say the least but has made me love Rangers even more (which I didn't think was possible). I think the reason is all the flak we've taken, it's the old no-one likes us, we don't care siege mentality thing. 

I wouldn't swap 9 in a row. Also after the last few years just imagine the feeling when we win our next title. 

Fuck that !!!  I went through their 9iar although i missed the first 2 ( too young )  and it was horrible,fkin years of them lording it over us,sickening so it was.I remember one year we were undefeated until the last game and it was the sheep at Ibrox they cunts beat us 2-3.Imagine going undefeated and still losing the league well that's what nearly happened to us.

So no i wouldn't change it.

9 in a row has absolutely nothing to do with what has happened to us in last 6 years. Nothing. Although some people claim the last 6 years was caused by people who were affected by our success during that period. The celtic fans from Lloyds, the exSecretary of Defence, the head of the bank of England, the speaker in house of lords, MPs north and south of the border, the media, all rat catchers mentally destroyed by our success that they had to find some way, a conspiracy, to put us down, and they tried and they tried. Some claim celtic orchestrated the whole episode from behind the scenes. Favours her,e favours there, favours everywhere to toxicate our brand and  campaign against us from every angle. All as a direct result of us completely destroying them during the late 80s and early 90s.  

I recall Liewell saying he would never forget that period as he stood in tears weekly, monthly, annually in the celtic Park terrace watching us lift trophy after trophy. He is currently having the last laugh. Maybe those kinds of emotions and feelings in their past fuel agendas and conspiracies. We would be foolish to completely rubbish it. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Would you have sacrificed 9 in a row ever happening for the past 6 years not to have? 

I picked this up from an argument a couple of other posters are having in a different thread and thought i'd ask everyone's opinion.

I was a child growing up through it so I don't really have many memories of it happening. I'm not saying would you have sacrificed us not winning any league titles in that time but would you have given up a run of 9 straight so that we'd still have been winning titles recently?

Hard question for me personally as I didn't get to enjoy it and the past 6 years or so have been nothing short of absolute hell.

No. It was great. I was in my middle teens when it started so never got to view old Ibrox or see us win the Cup Winner's Cup.

What I did see was Souness, Gazza, Laudrup, Goram, McCoist and Hateley, Gough and Walter Smith dominate Scottish football. That'll do for me.

What sacrafice I would like to have seen was the board all standing up and calling out Murray when he started racking up the debt and gambling with the club's very existence trying to win a trophy that was being dominated by Europe's top leagues.

Serviceable debt - never forget this phrase as a Rangers supporter 

SERVICEABLE DEBT

So to rephrase your question 

“would you sacrifice a huge part of our history to allow us not to be despised so vehemently by our peers in Scottish football?”

Fuck that, long may it continue 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Our financial mess really kicked in when Murray chased the 'European Dream' . If you analyse the transfers from 1998 - 2001 (not to mention the wages) that's where the huge debt was accumulated. I'm sure it was around 2001 when Hugh Adam came out and stated we were an accident waiting to happen - c £80m in debt.

Just what has that got to do with us getting rid of Pedro?

Got to stop them doing it again or worse still bettering it, other than that our NIAR has nothing to do with what's happened to us last 5/6 years, that's been an accumulation of hate and backstabbing collaboration to put us in harms way, if anything it's proven the lengths these jealous minnows would go to for promised riches to kill the goose that lays the golden egg and why we shouldn't be filling their coffers today. No I wouldn't swap anything, especially singing are you watching, are you watching, are you watching fenian scum and other folk songs . . . Memories . . .

image.jpeg

On 19/10/2017 at 09:07, orangecountry said:

I think what happened in 2012 far out weighs the pleasure of winning the SPL  9 times in a row we would have more titles by now had we not won 9IAR and not had to go through the lower divisions of Scottish football. 

Its a no brainer to me. 

Sorry mate but that full post is horseshit, 9IAR had fuck all to do with what happened in 2012 apart from possibly the point Tenerife Bear makes in about bitter emotionally destroyed tarriers out for refenge.  Nothing will ever out weigh the plessure of 9IAR for me.    Nobody can say for sure one way or the other how different things might be if we never won 9IAR or how many tittles we would be sitting on now. 

Sacrifice fuck all is a no brainer.

20 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Got to stop them doing it again or worse still bettering it, other than that our NIAR has nothing to do with what's happened to us last 5/6 years, that's been an accumulation of hate and backstabbing collaboration to put us in harms way, if anything it's proven the lengths these jealous minnows would go to for promised riches to kill the goose that lays the golden egg and why we shouldn't be filling their coffers today. No I wouldn't swap anything, especially singing are you watching, are you watching, are you watching fenian scum and other folk songs . . . Memories . . .

image.jpeg

They mhanky shameless bastards have started singing that now, I remember many a time standing in their shed behind the goal belting that out as they headed for the exits...

Mind the Driffters used to play the Edmiston club,  I assume thats why we started singing it ?

In retrospect sacking Walter in 1997/98 was a mistake; we'd have probably had Gascoigne that whole season as well. The OP asks a good question though, and it may go back a little further than that. The more I look at Jock Wallace's second period here the more I wonder what might have been; sure, there would have been no Souness, but there was some very talented youngsters coming through who never really fulfilled their potential- Fleck, D. Ferguson, Durrant, Burns; that is four players, three of which should have had, arguably, remarkable careers at this club, with a great many international caps etc. Jock Wallace was a far better coach than he was given credit for, that we can read about it from today's perspective probably allows us greater appreciation of that fact. There was also other young players at that time on the brink of  coming through as well. I personally think any one person gaining a majority influence at boardroom level was not such a great thing, and that happened just before Jock Wallace's sacking; looking back from the vantage point of now, I would rather that hadn't happened.  If Wallace had stayed and been given longer would he have brought success to this club? There is a strong argument for saying yes.

2 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Just think how the tinkers felt after 9 years of hell we put them through.
We will come through this and still have the memories of niar.

the same as older bears that were about during their 9iar. that was no fun. but your right we will have those memories

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

They mhanky shamless bastards have started singing that now, I remember many a time standing in their shed behind the goal belting that out as they headed for the exits...

Mind the Driffters used to play the Edmiston club,  I assume thats why we started singing it ?

They've no got an original thought in their brainwashed altar bhoy heids, aye could've been that but let's face it we were always havin parties ! They've got an inbuilt inferiority complex that'll never go away that has been reflected in their disgusting behaviour towards us by their hierarchy over the years in particular the last 5/6 year where they've behaved like the chip on the shoulder jealous scum they are, scum does as scum is !

image.jpeg.d0498611c7bdc095079adb7d7f0a7617.jpeg

17 minutes ago, minstral said:

The sad thing is we should have won 10  in a row with our eyes shut.

This all day long. What a rollercoaster that season was. The Negri debacle, beating the scum twice in a week, falling at the final hurdle and then the cup final at the piggery. Fucking heart breaking! 

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Would you have sacrificed 9 in a row ever happening for the past 6 years not to have? 

I picked this up from an argument a couple of other posters are having in a different thread and thought i'd ask everyone's opinion.

I was a child growing up through it so I don't really have many memories of it happening. I'm not saying would you have sacrificed us not winning any league titles in that time but would you have given up a run of 9 straight so that we'd still have been winning titles recently?

Hard question for me personally as I didn't get to enjoy it and the past 6 years or so have been nothing short of absolute hell.

To be honest mate, NO i wouldnt change a thing. I would never give up an opportunity to batter that mob into the ground. Sure there are tough times past and probably ahead, sure we should never have let in green, whyte, king and the rest of the fannies that swarm the club but in all honesty our 9 in a row years damaged their psyche more than any of their 'achievements' have ever troubled us. They are obsessive about us while we regard them as the scheme tramp, there to be toyed with. Aye they are on top the now but never dismiss the damage we done when we were smashing teams for fun. 

naw.

We won it 9 times in a row and that meant 9 times that they didnt win it.

I probably wouldn't be as big a fan as I am if it weren't for those days, The Age Of Heroes

loved every minute of it and wouldn't change it for anything

they pretend their wins recently are just as good but everyone knows that's not true, the joy we got during those years will never be equalled in Scottish Football even if they do win 10IAR

7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

And No i would never have sacrificed it, what a great time that was.

That is the reason my generation of beggars are so bitter, they endured it and that chip on their shoulder got bigger every year.

it's funny how many of their fans endured getting beat off us 9 times in a row but then jumped ship and couldn't endure a few seasons without us in the league even if they win everything

seen a taig on Facebook complaining about how many of them turned on their team after the 2nd goal last nite, that's never been an issue with us as far back as I can remember.

We push forward and say No Surrender, they give up and then play the victim

As I’ve mentioned in the past my company owned a beadrattlers pub and the Monday morning after we had lost ten in a row my maintenance man and I went in to accept the abuse that we knew would be forthcoming. Sure enough we’ve got a foot into the midden when the manager starts “you should have been in here on Saturday night. Place was rammed. What a fucking party we had “ 

The wee man looks at him in disgust and replies “ you had nine fucking years to save up for it” 

Cunt had no comeback so for that look of hatred alone knowing what it meant to them it’s a big no from me...

8 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

Since Im one of the ones involved in the other thread I'll offer an opinion. 

Take the frustration we feel at not being able to lay a glove on the taigs. Now multiply that by 10. Personally speaking I'd never swap that feeling of inflicting so much pain on those fuckers for such a prolonged period. Would probably help explain to a lot of younger bears just why the taigs are the way they are. 

Every Summer the big names Rolled in. Aye established internationals not the sub standard types they currently  portray as Stars 

The feeling of lording it over them year in year out and watching them cringe with frustration because despite their best efforts they were powerless to stop us. The sight of seeing grown men crying with rage on sky tv, of watching them pelt their own directors with coins and Mars bars. The sight of them literally throwing themselves from the stands when we humped them....  AGAIN at home. And above all else for me anyway the feeling it would never end!

You would go into work on a Monday and give them absolute dogs and it would last all week. Some guys I know would dish it out in brutal fashion, I preferred the subtle digs. Always felt that got to them more. 

Sure the shoe is on the other foot at the moment but even the most ardent fenian will privately concede their titles are truly hollow. We did it when they were right there beside us with the addition of a strong Aberdeen, dundee united, hearts, hibs etc all capable of taking points off you. 

God knows it's hard to endure what we have for the last few years but as I mentioned in the other thread you can never erase those memories and I personally would never sacrifice them. 

Being that I was the other guy in the debate I’ll pitch in. 

What I will say is my perspective on the debate was would I rather Murray had never took control of us or not, with him being largely responsible for NIAR and the abomination that has been the last 5 years (depending on your opinion on both)  

Gazza you have articulated those glory years very well (:tu:) and yup they were amongst the best of my life however nothing imo compensates for what has happened and continues to happen to our club and I hold Murray responsible. I am not going to lay out my views on how damaging I believe the last few years to have been (none of us need that spelled out) and indeed how many more years it may take us to recover but I stick by the point, I wish he has never walked our corridors.  

I sincerely hope the generation behind us get to enjoy what it felt like for us back then, it seems a long way off (on and off the park).