9 in a Row.

.Williamson.

Sacrificed it?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Sacrificed it?

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

it's funny how many of their fans endured getting beat off us 9 times in a row but then jumped ship and couldn't endure a few seasons without us in the league even if they win everything

seen a taig on Facebook complaining about how many of them turned on their team after the 2nd goal last nite, that's never been an issue with us as far back as I can remember.

We push forward and say No Surrender, they give up and then play the victim

To be fair a lot of them chucked supporting their team when we were so dominant, stop supporting as in not attending, i watched a clip from an old firm semi final at hampden a few weeks ago and was shocked at the empty spaces in the tarrier end, almost like both sides were always full and that i had forgot those times.

The bitterness i endured growing up and through the 9 in a row years was pretty heavy, fights on a regular basis and not a fuck given for them fenian tramps.

I remember when McCann took them over and built that shed of a stadium and they flocked back en-masse, cliquey as fuck groups of fenians in my area running busses and getting behind them, hatred bred into them through schools as well no doubt.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We put they bastards even further behind us back then than we are behind them now, and we did it without needing to ringlead a witch hunt to try and end their entire existence. We did it simply by being superior to them, as we always have been. They'll never get over those years. It shows in their absolute inability to conduct themselves with any class, and the constant obsession over us and paranoia, the deeply ingrained victim mentality despite literally everything going their way at the moment. They have always been inferior to us, but 9 in a row broke them, forever.

Even if they do 9 or 10, we won't break because we know just as well as they do that they had to play politics to get ahead of us, we did it simply by building a better football team than them. 

32 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

To be fair a lot of them chucked supporting their team when we were so dominant, stop supporting as in not attending, i watched a clip from an old firm semi final at hampden a few weeks ago and was shocked at the empty spaces in the tarrier end, almost like both sides were always full and that i had forgot those times.

The bitterness i endured growing up and through the 9 in a row years was pretty heavy, fights on a regular basis and not a fuck given for them fenian tramps.

I remember when McCann took them over and built that shed of a stadium and they flocked back en-masse, cliquey as fuck groups of fenians in my area running busses and getting behind them, hatred bred into them through schools as well no doubt.

you got a link to the clip? it would be weird seeing an old firm with hardly any away fans 

9 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

We put they bastards even further behind us back then than we are behind them now, and we did it without needing to ringlead a witch hunt to try and end their entire existence.

True mate. They might get 9 in a row but they won't get 9 against us, they won't dominate for another 9 years now that we are back 

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Would you have sacrificed 9 in a row ever happening for the past 6 years not to have? 

I picked this up from an argument a couple of other posters are having in a different thread and thought i'd ask everyone's opinion.

I was a child growing up through it so I don't really have many memories of it happening. I'm not saying would you have sacrificed us not winning any league titles in that time but would you have given up a run of 9 straight so that we'd still have been winning titles recently?

Hard question for me personally as I didn't get to enjoy it and the past 6 years or so have been nothing short of absolute hell.

If we still did 8 and didn't have the last 6 years then it's a no brainer, they are closing in on our title wins fast if you take the logic that from the time 9iar was over the leagues will be roughly shared in terms of wins, their is no way they would be sitting at 6iar with the threat of 10.

19 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

you got a link to the clip? it would be weird seeing an old firm with hardly any away fans 

It was on here i watched it mate, can't mind what thread it was on, behind there goal looked like the first good few rows were empty.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

We put they bastards even further behind us back then than we are behind them now, and we did it without needing to ringlead a witch hunt to try and end their entire existence. We did it simply by being superior to them, as we always have been. They'll never get over those years. It shows in their absolute inability to conduct themselves with any class, and the constant obsession over us and paranoia, the deeply ingrained victim mentality despite literally everything going their way at the moment. They have always been inferior to us, but 9 in a row broke them, forever.

Even if they do 9 or 10, we won't break because we know just as well as they do that they had to play politics to get ahead of us, we did it simply by building a better football team than them. 

We would see it as a challenge and it would drive us forward.

In years to come this period will be very bit as important and strange ways even more important than 9 in a row . Despite the whole circus which has went on when you get down to the basics ibrox is still full of 50 000 bears every other week and we still follow the team everywhere . The trophies will come sooner or later 

At the moment I can't see how we're going to get back to our rightful place, the current board can only afford to keep us treading water and I'm worried that there's no one out there who wants to come in with the major injection of funds that will get us back competing on a level footing with the tarriers.

So would I give up nine in a row, which is in the grand scheme of things no more than a parochial bragging right, in exchange for avoiding the perilous state we're in now? It's a Yes from me.

I've just turned 33 so I was at a good age to experience 9IAR.

Long story short, I'd sacrifice it if I could.

This past 6 years has done major major damage to Rangers. I don't need to go into the ins and outs of it but we should never have been launched to division 3. 

Years and years of cruel and unusual punishment takes its toll. I'm still shocked at how far we are from a dreadful scum team. 

13 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

It was Murrays money that brought it about, so it kind of does.

Don't know if it's been said already but I'm saying it now.  It's the biggest myth in the world that murrays money brought us 9 in a row.  Throughout the 90's we were a profIt making football club, we spent the money we made.

19 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Don't know if it's been said already but I'm saying it now.  It's the biggest myth in the world that murrays money brought us 9 in a row.  Throughout the 90's we were a profIt making football club, we spent the money we made.

We were doing fine before Murray, we would have been fine without him, maybe even better, we'll never know.

The one thing I don't like about Souness's time with us is that he brought Murray along.

14 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Would you have sacrificed 9 in a row ever happening for the past 6 years not to have? 

I picked this up from an argument a couple of other posters are having in a different thread and thought i'd ask everyone's opinion.

I was a child growing up through it so I don't really have many memories of it happening. I'm not saying would you have sacrificed us not winning any league titles in that time but would you have given up a run of 9 straight so that we'd still have been winning titles recently?

Hard question for me personally as I didn't get to enjoy it and the past 6 years or so have been nothing short of absolute hell.

Listen mate I was up in Dundee when we won and bounced about the toon all night when I got back and I wouldn’t change it for anything 

must have sung 9 in a row for about 3 days after

10 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

We were doing fine before Murray, we would have been fine without him, maybe even better, we'll never know.

The one thing I don't like about Souness's time with us is that he brought Murray along.

Mate we weren’t doing fine before Murray we had won 1 league title in 10 years

5 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Mate we weren’t doing fine before Murray we had won 1 league title in 10 years

We only got our act together in 1986 and won the league in 1986-87.

The tarriers bust a gut to win it in 1987-88 because of their centenary but we had good players and sell out crowds, we would have gone from strength to strength with or without Murray.

I remember when we won 9IAR, I was a wee boy , I remember the whole crowd going more bonkers than usual, then my Dad picked up the boy in front of me and kissed him on the forehead and I remember thinking "wtf is dad doing?" next thing I knew the guy behind me picked me up and kissed me on the forehead then putting his scarf round me and putting me on his shoulders

it was sheer and utter joy and absolute bedlam, one of the best memories even though I couldn't understand the importance at the time

Would never ever change it

this video still gives me goosebumps, "what's up wee man can ye no sleep?"

"tell me about 9 in a row Da"

"well son it was like this..."

Gazza, God, Ally, The Hammer, Mowgli, Gough, Bomber, McCall, Hateley 

why would you change that?

In the early sixties, it was magic being a Bear. For years we humiliated and dominated the scum, creating and chanting 'Easy Easy' regularly.

Then came their fucking 9IAR and their european cup - trust me, it was absolute fucking hell during those years, having to put up with all their shite!

And while the last years have been bloody awful, for me, they don't come close to the depression of the BJK years.

And the reason they don't come close - is that, in the BJK years, our situation was of our own making on the park whereas, in these last years, we plunged to the depths we did because of a draconian punishment intended to put us out of existence which was unjust and way ott for what we did.

After all the suffering of the BJK years and the years prior to Holmes, our 9IAR was the icing on a fucking cake we had never dreamed of -  every other week we woke up to phenomenal signings like Laudrup, Gazza, Souness, Gough, Butcher etc etc... it's hard to describe the feeling, you really had to live through those previous years to experience the unbelievable euphoria of it all.

And as for the shite they're spouting about this latest run of titles, well, it's absolute fucking bullshit. We know it and, more importantly, they know it - the tainted titles acquired during the years Liewell and his spfl posse that got us demoted count for fuck all. 

If you turn it around, and Rangers had acquired this run of titles, and the scum had been demoted for the same reasons we were, I'd sure as fuck be spouting loud about it to wind them up, all the while knowing such titles mean absolutely piss all to me!

Our 9IAR years, along with our Cup Winners Cup, was my greatest experience in more than 60 years of supporting the Gers.