9 in a Row.

.Williamson.

Sacrificed it?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Sacrificed it?

• Yes
    • No

10 hours ago, plumbGER said:

To be fair a lot of them chucked supporting their team when we were so dominant, stop supporting as in not attending, i watched a clip from an old firm semi final at hampden a few weeks ago and was shocked at the empty spaces in the tarrier end, almost like both sides were always full and that i had forgot those times.

The bitterness i endured growing up and through the 9 in a row years was pretty heavy, fights on a regular basis and not a fuck given for them fenian tramps.

I remember when McCann took them over and built that shed of a stadium and they flocked back en-masse, cliquey as fuck groups of fenians in my area running busses and getting behind them, hatred bred into them through schools as well no doubt.

9 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

you got a link to the clip? it would be weird seeing an old firm with hardly any away fans 

East Stand in this game is empty.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Their rivers of tears were a joy to watch. 

I've never enjoyed my football as much since, although there have been many good times.

There was a taig painter, at my work, and he'd never speak whenever we pumped them.

The sheep were our closest challengers some years, and my boss was one, he just wouldn't come into work until it had all died down a bit, after pipping them to another title. 

You can take lots of things from me, but you'll never take my memories! WATP!!

21 hours ago, MasterD said:

Probably.

I will still young during the 9iar so didn’t get the full experience from it. Unlike the last 6years that have been dreadful day in day out.

Was thinking about the last 6 years . What bear can truly count 5 unforgettable/memorable   games on 1 hand ?

It's difficult for me . The reason for that . I did live through our glory days in the 90s . And remember weeks when we were playing Leeds the Champions of England at that time , Sheep and Beggars all in space of a few weeks . And winning them all

And these sort of times/results in short space of time  were common occurrence for years

The younger bears ,just don't get that . It is like a time warp away from what we have now .

It's week after week hoping rather than believing .

The changing of power 6 years ago, the dilution of Scottish football, to more or less make the scum the benchmark for all teams up here

It really just make my heart sad for the young ones now . They can not even grasp how good it was .

What is even worse for me . As long as King and Murray are there , nothing is going to change

The bad smell of these two previously failed board members will linger around for years and years .While the scum get more powerful on and off the pitch .

A result on Sunday will make it alright for many bears, including myself  for this weekend .

The long term picture does not look good however .

I truly believe , even if we get close to the beggars . We won't be winning any championships for another 6 odd years at best .

Now can you imagine being a 16 year old  bear at this moment and living through this nightmare , compared to the times for older bears like myself

It's just night and day different

my apologies for switching the debate to the scum but there is little doubt that desperate desmond the infamous money laundering septic fraudster and tax evader is financing the mhanky mobs current and past football campaigns  and 10 in a row bid with funds from his extremely dodgy latvian bank rietumu.

desperate thought he could get away with defrauding thousands of his french rietumu bank customers and the french tax authorities out of millions of euros with fraudulent tax schemes but has been caught out recently and his bank fined 80 million euros

this will never happen but as as part of any fit and proper person  investigation reagan should be taking a close look at desperates financial dealings and the 500 million euro fraud

No . I don't think you can even remotely compare winning 9iar fairly and on a football pitch to the 6 they've been handed on a plate via the politics off the field . It isn't even close . 

What I do believe though , is after all the upheavel we've been through these years , the financial advantage freely given to our opponents that has been denied us - well in excess of £100M - that our next title will be one of the most remarkable of them all . 

It still grinds the gears of the tims that when we went down to Div3, our gates were still 50,000 each home game. They expected a massive drop off in support for Rangers and hate that it did not happen. They know that if it was them then they would be lucky to get 20,000.

my apologies for switching the debate to the scum but there is little doubt that desperate desmond the infamous money laundering septic fraudster and tax evader is financing the mhanky mobs current and past football campaigns  and ,if Rangers have anything to do with it ,doomed 10 in a row bid  with funds from his extremely dodgy latvian bank rietumu.

desperate thought he could get away with defrauding thousands of his french rietumu bank customers and the french tax authorities out of millions of euros with fraudulent tax schemes but has been caught out recently and his bank fined 80 million euros

this will never happen but as as part of any fit and proper person  investigation reagan should be taking a close look at desperates financial dealings and the 500 million euro fraud

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Was thinking about the last 6 years . What bear can truly count 5 unforgettable/memorable   games on 1 hand ?

It's difficult for me . The reason for that . I did live through our glory days in the 90s . And remember weeks when we were playing Leeds the Champions of England at that time , Sheep and Beggars all in space of a few weeks . And winning them all

And these sort of times/results in short space of time  were common occurrence for years

The younger bears ,just don't get that . It is like a time warp away from what we have now .

It's week after week hoping rather than believing .

The changing of power 6 years ago, the dilution of Scottish football, to more or less make the scum the benchmark for all teams up here

It really just make my heart sad for the young ones now . They can not even grasp how good it was .

What is even worse for me . As long as King and Murray are there , nothing is going to change

The bad smell of these two previously failed board members will linger around for years and years .While the scum get more powerful on and off the pitch .

A result on Sunday will make it alright for many bears, including myself  for this weekend .

The long term picture does not look good however .

I truly believe , even if we get close to the beggars . We won't be winning any championships for another 6 odd years at best .

Now can you imagine being a 16 year old  bear at this moment and living through this nightmare , compared to the times for older bears like myself

It's just night and day different

I think you've grasped this thread better than most.

The younger generation have been condemned to complete hell in a footballing sense because of an owner that was there at the beginning of 9IAR and then bailed afterwards when he tried to achieve possibly a bigger goal than 9IAR and did nothing but cause horrendous debt.

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The younger generation have been condemned to complete hell in a footballing sense because of an owner that was there at the beginning of 9IAR and then bailed afterwards when he tried to achieve possibly a bigger goal than 9IAR and did nothing but cause horrendous debt.

Cheers .Not like to like anything I post . ?

I grew up in the 9 in a row era, born in '84 and the greatest Rangers team I ever saw was in '98, dominated Bayern home and away, they needed to cheat Rangers out of 2 points to stop us from going through. That might shock some folk me saying that, then again our 9 in a row side were tremendous, Laudrup was easily the best player we've ever seen, what I'd give to see a player like that at Ibrox again. You can't sum up how good all those players were. 

50 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I grew up in the 9 in a row era, born in '84 and the greatest Rangers team I ever saw was in '98, dominated Bayern home and away, they needed to cheat Rangers out of 2 points to stop us from going through. That might shock some folk me saying that, then again our 9 in a row side were tremendous, Laudrup was easily the best player we've ever seen, what I'd give to see a player like that at Ibrox again. You can't sum up how good all those players were. 

Think older bears would disagree with that mate 

12 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I get your point here

but I never supported Rangers because we were the most successful club, I wasn't even aware of that fact until I was older

I support them because my Dad supported them and took me to Ibrox and spent time with me and raised me to support them, if we'd never won anything id still be a Bear.

At the end of the day for most of us Rangers is about family and friends and feeling like youre a part of something

it sounds cheesy and I'm sure I've said it before but I've moved about my whole childhood, went to 10 different schools in different countries and towns, but every year my Dad would bring us home to visit and take us to Ibrox and buy us the strips and every year my family would send me Rangers stuff at Christmas, my gran used to send me the Beano every week then started sending me the Beano and Rangers News. Rangers is one of the only things ive ever really felt I was part of and belonged to because it was always there. When we lived in the states we'd get up at 6 in the morning to see the games. 

It's about family and tradition much more than it's about titles and victories.

I love listening to people talk about Rangers, especially the older bears, and most of the times the best stories are just about the times that were had and not about the trophies won

You're right in what you say, but there's another side that matters more and there will still be plenty young bears who will be able to say that theyd stand by Rangers thru thick and thin and they will mean it wholeheartedly 

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I get your point here

but I never supported Rangers because we were the most successful club, I wasn't even aware of that fact until I was older

I support them because my Dad supported them and took me to Ibrox and spent time with me and raised me to support them, if we'd never won anything id still be a Bear.

At the end of the day for most of us Rangers us about family and friends and feeling like youre a part of something

it sounds cheesy and I'm sure I've said it before but I've moved about my whole childhood, went to 10 different schools in different countries and towns, but every year my Dad would bring us home to visit and take us to Ibrox and buy us the strips and every year my family would send me Ranger stuff at Christmas, my gran used to send me the Beano every week then started sending me the Beano and Rangers News. Rangers is one of the only things ice ever really felt I was part of and belonged to because it was always there. When we lived in the states we'd get up at 6 in the morning to see the games. 

It's about family and tradition much more than it's about titles and victories.

I love listening to people talk about Rangers, especially the older bears, and most of the times the best stories are just about the times the were had and not about the trophies won

You're right in what you say, but there's another side that matters more and there will still be plenty young bears who will be able to say that theyd stand by Rangers thru thick and thin and they will mean it wholeheartedly 

Aye I know mate and of course you're right, it's not the trophies that began my supporting of the club either, it was my family too.

Doesn't make watching the taigs run the show the last few years any easier though.

Just for the record I wouldn't give up 9IAR either. I didn't get to experience it properly but I wouldn't sacrifice any of our history just because I didn't get to see it myself. Just hope that we pull ourselves out of this sooner rather than later

From 5 until 14 years old was their 9 in a row in my life. I remember the tims saying that no team in Scotland would ever do this again, they gloated in it. When we done it, it destroyed them. When they done their nine in a row, I was well fed up and my dad said; " All they are doing is setting the bar son, Rangers will do that one day" . When I spoke to him once we had done it, he couldn't recall saying it, but anything they do now is just setting the bar, give it time. 

On 10/19/2017 at 09:07, orangecountry said:

I think what happened in 2012 far out weighs the pleasure of winning the SPL  9 times in a row we would have more titles by now had we not won 9IAR and not had to go through the lower divisions of Scottish football. 

Its a no brainer to me. 

kilmarnock were £8 million in debt were they not ? we were £18 million at that we should still have been in stronger position to survive ? still they didn't have the whole of scottish football against them?