Your first experience of Hampden

Copland bear

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I remember when Bobby McKean committed suicide I was very young.  Never saw him play and sadly never mentioned at Ibrox, 

From what I remember, he was great player, don't think he was a prolific goalscorer but a workhorse nonetheless. When I signed my first S form I was on the right wing and remember  wanting to emulate McKean from watching Sportscene (Pink Floyd Theme tune timeframe) or Scotsport (Arthur Montford Sports Jacket timeframe).

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

England coundnay dae it coz they didnay qualify :mutley:

I remember after the Peru game losing 1-0 to Iran I think it was , a bloody own goal also, we ended up getting a respectable 1-1 draw if i remember, then the last game Scotland finally turned up as we were a good team, but only one European team has ever won the tournament in the Americas to this day and that was Germany in Brazil not long ago.

Did any cunt not think to tell the Scottish press and fans this :digging:

I watched the Peru game on a portable in a field just outside Braco. We were on a BB expedition and I always remember we had a few carrier bags with Mcleod on them that were treated with some reverence before kick off but by the end of the day were full of the slops left over from dinner :mutley:

10 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I watched the Peru game on a portable in a field just outside Braco. We were on a BB expedition and I always remember we had a few carrier bags with Mcleod on them that were treated with some reverence before kick off but by the end of the day were full of the slops left over from dinner :mutley:

You’re lucky it was only an expedition - we spent two weeks in Braco at a B.B. camp ?

6 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

You’re lucky it was only an expedition - we spent two weeks in Braco at a B.B. camp ?

6 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Why did your company choose inland? Days at the beach were the best part :-)

another time my Dad was away on business and my Maw decided to take his ticker for some reason

started moaning when I joined in with UDR4 being sung

"now I know why Dad doesn't take you to games maw" 

she's not been to a game since, that was her first game in years, my Dad used to take her every now and then to a game, until he took her and Terry Butcher broke his leg and he never took her back

1 hour ago, JR said:

Davie Cooper’s Exocet into the roof of the sheep net was my first cup final at Hampden. 

2:34 mins in. 

Yeah first cup final at hampden also, right behind the goal when Davie Cooper struck that unstoppable free kick against the sheep, jim Leighton said he nearly got a hand to it, Davie said aye on the way out !

First time there was either 1999 or 2000 for me so I was about 14/15.

It was freezing, dark, wet, players looked like ants, the police were being fucktards threatening us all with a night in the "glasgow cells" and a random pished/drugged scummy taig tried to start a fight with my dad about a 10 minute walk from the ground after the game.

Just after that incident, another paedo fan in ghreen and ghrey was flashing his cock at us through the window of a row of big houses. My dad shouted up your flashing your cock at my 14 year old son, the taig laughed and continued doing it till our lift thankfully arrived soon after that.

So yeah, I admit I've only been once and the whole experience has put me off till this day.