Your first experience of Hampden

Copland bear

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

1973 scf - over 122,000 inside Hampden. The song we ‘when the gers go up to lift .......’ 2mins before the end is still the loudest song I ever heard 

check the crowd in the pic 

8B3B7900-2576-40B3-B901-B3D1B9D90741.jpeg

That was my first Rangers one at Hampden, I was at the Scotland England 0-0 in 1970 on my dads shoulders 139,000 there that day 134k official and 5k forgeries, mental crowds not a walkway up the terracing to be seen, elf an safety would have kittens now.

One thing I’ve noticed is a lot of fans mentioning Scotland games - I used to do them too but it goes to show how bad Scotland and scottish football has treated Rangers fans and Protestants in general especially last decade or so (although you could go back 30 years really) 

just think of the backing the Scotland team could have with us all onside but alas in true scottish style it’s fucked beyond repair 

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

One thing I’ve noticed is a lot of fans mentioning Scotland games - I used to do them too but it goes to show how bad Scotland and scottish football has treated Rangers fans and Protestants in general especially last decade or so (although you could go back 30 years really) 

just think of the backing the Scotland team could have with us all onside but alas in true scottish style it’s fucked beyond repair 

It's not fucked beyond repair, when l started going to games it was the tim players that used to get pelters, at the moment it is bleak but things will change, of that l am sure.

40 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That was my first Rangers one at Hampden, I was at the Scotland England 0-0 in 1970 on my dads shoulders 139,000 there that day 134k official and 5k forgeries, mental crowds not a walkway up the terracing to be seen, elf an safety would have kittens now.

Always amazes me there was never a fatal accident at Hampden with those crowds, the terracing and passageways made from ash and old railway sleepers were a disgrace.

Just now, dougie76 said:

It's not fucked beyond repair, when l started going to games it was the tim players that used to get pelters, at the moment it is bleak but things will change, of that l am sure.

It’s too many things though - the tim players especially Brown and Griffiths, the tartan army, the sfa, the SPFL, the scottish footballing media, fans of other teams, flower of Scotland belting etc 

I don’t want to support a team with one celtic player in it nor share a stand with one tarrier, sheep, hibee or Arab cheering on a  united team with yes voters and stuff too 

I’ll never support Scotland again and it’s safe to say I’m not alone 

Just now, K.A.I said:

It’s too many things though - the tim players especially Brown and Griffiths, the tartan army, the sfa, the SPFL, the scottish footballing media, fans of other teams, flower of Scotland belting etc 

I don’t want to support a team with one celtic player in it nor share a stand with one tarrier, sheep, hibee or Arab cheering on a  united team with yes voters and stuff too 

I’ll never support Scotland again and it’s safe to say I’m not alone 

That's up to you mate but l will never surrender my country to any cunt, no matter what.

Just now, dougie76 said:

That's up to you mate but l will never surrender my country to any cunt, no matter what.

It’s not surrendering your country there’s loads of proud Scots who don’t even like football it’s an age old misconception that that scummy bastard national team holds the rights to scottish patriotism 

Getting pissed on the back of my leg ? and when we went 1 up hoping we didn’t score again and neither did the opposition. Cause the dust from the terraces after a goal  blinded you for the next 15 mins and you could see fuck all. Memories ???

1 minute ago, eosmhdo said:

Getting pissed on the back of my leg ? and when we went 1 up hoping we didn’t score again and neither did the opposition. Cause the dust from the terraces after a goal  blinded you for the next 15 mins and you could see fuck all. Memories ???

When you got home your face was as black as fuck, it was normal then but seems mental now.