Best Summer Signing

Lloyd

Best Summer Signing  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best signing we made in the summer?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think given the budget Pedro was working with we've made some very good signings.

I voted for Candeias - he offers goals and assists, does his share of defensive dirty work and has helped bring out the best in Tav.  Yes, he has been anonymous in some games but like all other 'imports' he's still finding his feet in our league. He has decent all-round skills and I don't think you can fault him for effort.

4 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Don't think there has been one stand out. No one has been blinding every single week for example. Dorrans has been a decent signing but was anonymous for 3 or 4 games there. Candeias has been a decent signing but was posted missing v Hibs, celtic and Hearts, Morelos has been a smashing signing but hasn't scored in over a month now, Jack has been good but already had 2 red cards and 1 in a bounce game as well. Alves hasn't been the colossus many thought he was. Cardoso is looking more shaky with every passing week. John still settling. Herrera done nothing. Pena sensational return for the minutes he's been on the pitch despite awful in game performances. Dalcio pish. 

Transfer business is night and day compared to McCoist and Warburton, that's for sure. 

Pretty fair assessment, its nearly a full team of newbies but there is some signs of clicking. it was never going to happen overnight, Dorrans, Jack and Morelos are imo three top signings.

2 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

angling-at-lake-tarawera.jpg

More goals than 200 million rated dembele, griffiths who the Scottish press fawn over and Sinclair who is supposedly the best player in Scottish football.....not bad for guy still finding his feet in the game over here.

So fishing? i don't think.

Pena , Dorrans and Alves stood out in our last game.  Morelos , quite rightly deserves his plaudits but for me Jack has quietly gone about his business . 

Defending , supporting the attack , hardly wasting a ball and putting himself on the line ( admittedly too much ) . 

Might be because I didn't expect too much of him , but Jack has been a great find . A future captain for me .