Central Station / Hampden

HappyChappy

Just now, HappyChappy said:

For those who have trained it in the past from Central to Mt Florida - how busy are the trains, any time recommendations to head out? I know there’s plenty, assuming it shouldn’t be too bad for queues etc?

cheers 

Regular service mate - every 20mins or so. Getting to the game is easy enough.

The queues etc are actually an issue after the game.Theres a sneaky queue jumper route across from the clockwork oub if you know where that is - a wee staircase takes you to the other side of the track 

Never got the train or bus to Hampden, busses and trains took ages with the crowds, so we always walked from the town centre after a few beers through the Gorbals and and down Victoria Road on the way and walked/pub crawled all the way back, was only 2 or 3 miles, and took 3/4 hour to an hour or so and entertained ourselves by walking along with fellow Gers fans singing and shouting abuse at any passing taig busses, or giving it laldy to the taigs trying to drop stuff on us from the flats in the Gorbals.

Only exception was the 73 final where me my dad and uncle walked all the way back to Ibrox and just got there in time to see the the team bus arriving back and Alex MacDonald coming off first with the Scottish Cup, a great day for my 13 year old self who had just attended his first Rangers-Cellic cup final.

On the way to that game we saw the best way to travel though as Princess Alexandra (who later presented the cup) arrived on a big orange Wessex helicopter on lesser Hampden half an hour before the game.

tforsyth.jpg

1 hour ago, HappyChappy said:

For those who have trained it in the past from Central to Mt Florida - how busy are the trains, any time recommendations to head out? I know there’s plenty, assuming it shouldn’t be too bad for queues etc?

cheers 

Depends how early you go, but the trains will almost certainly be packed, but you should get on the first one, unlike the subway from Ibrox. They might stick an extra car on the train too. 

That's what I would do if I was in charge anyway. If you have booze, make sure you hide it before you pull into Mt Florida as there will be polis on the platforms. You can also jump off a stop early and walk it, its not too far. 

Get a train to Muirend, 20 mins walk to Hampden and not busy, so no need to worry about waiting on queues getting on or off. You can enjoy a can or two as you stroll back to Hampden, the police won't be anywhere near the station. The no 4 and 6 bus also passes outside that take you to Battlefield. The Bank and White Elephant pub are also near, so a pre match pints without crowds and door staff (clockwork is horrendous on matchday) is also an option.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Enjoy mate.

Nice for you to leave the area without it being to go to the high court ?

?

Fuck, you think so highly of me:lol:

Here i'll have you know i'm just in the door from Silverburn, was up at that Cosmo buffet place, could probably propel myself to Hampden tomorrow on intestinal wind:lol:

No more drink tonight in anticipation for a right good swally tomorrow.

Enjoy your day out mate.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Fuck, you think so highly of me:lol:

Here i'll have you know i'm just in the door from Silverburn, was up at that Cosmo buffet place, could probably propel myself to Hampden tomorrow on intestinal wind:lol:

No more drink tonight in anticipation for a right good swally tomorrow.

Enjoy your day out mate.

Right back at you squire ?

Though I've found gin doesn't bring on my gout so I may divulge just a wee big longer. Trial by error works.

5 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Regular service mate - every 20mins or so. Getting to the game is easy enough.

The queues etc are actually an issue after the game.Theres a sneaky queue jumper route across from the clockwork oub if you know where that is - a wee staircase takes you to the other side of the track 

Sunday I think it's 1 every hour sadly. 

Don't know if they'll be putting more services on tomorrow though. Hope so!

25 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Right back at you squire ?

Though I've found gin doesn't bring on my gout so I may divulge just a wee big longer. Trial by error works.

Wee training session in the morning then a few pints of protestant porter, then onto the dark rum for the bus.

Hopefully get the right result, my step boy coming along with us and he doesn't get often, hoping he catches the buzz.

3 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Get a train to Muirend, 20 mins walk to Hampden and not busy, so no need to worry about waiting on queues getting on or off. You can enjoy a can or two as you stroll back to Hampden, the police won't be anywhere near the station. The no 4 and 6 bus also passes outside that take you to Battlefield. The Bank and White Elephant pub are also near, so a pre match pints without crowds and door staff (clockwork is horrendous on matchday) is also an option.

It's the same train that goes to Mount Florida and Muirend. Why would he sit on the train for an extra two stops just so he can walk back?