Louis Moult

TMB

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We need better than Moult to challenge the taigs ffs said it in the summer and I'm not about to change my mind after 2 goals against us when we were abysmal,spend some money and go out and find another Prso/Jelavic type,with good scouting there are players out there as Morelos proves, Moult is a lazy option and neither the answer or good enough.

Prso was a Champions League winner and Jelavic cost £4m.  While it would be great to have that level of player in every position and win the league it's not in anyway realistic.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Prso was a Champions League winner and Jelavic cost £4m.  While it would be great to have that level of player in every position and win the league it's not in anyway realistic.  

Jelavic was £3m which is the rumoured figure we spent on Pena,my point was that there are attainable players out there much much better than Moult if we bother to look for them,continue to shop in the bog standard SPL we'll never be any higher than 2nd,I'm all for picking up young players with potential to improve from Scotland but Moults hardly a youngster,we need real a real quality cm,lm and striker imo,when I say real quality I mean £2/3m pound players,basically a level above SPL players.

15 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Jelavic was £3m which is the rumoured figure we spent on Pena,my point was that there are attainable players out there much much better than Moult if we bother to look for them,continue to shop in the bog standard SPL we'll never be any higher than 2nd,I'm all for picking up young players with potential to improve from Scotland but Moults hardly a youngster,we need real a real quality cm,lm and striker imo,when I say real quality I mean £2/3m pound players,basically a level above SPL players.

It was widely reported that Jelavic cost us £4m and that was back in 2010.  In todays market he could easily be worth double that so comparisons to Pena's fee are wide of the mark.  We're not signing guys like that anymore.  Your other point seems to be about the scouting system and I don't think we even have one at this point in time.  We did pick up Morelos but he was recommended by JJ who had personal knowledge of that league.  Also, while I agree we need players in midfield that has no relevance here. 

Moult is a player who could improve us right now and his cost in terms of transfer fees would be minimal.  He's been averaging 15 league goals a season for a few years now and that's a good return for a guy playing at Motherwell.  As a partnership, Moult and Morelos could score 40+ a season across all competitions and it's been years since we've had a striker partnership who were that prolific.

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Prso played in the final but lost 3-0 so he wasn't a winner?

On 10/24/2017 at 16:20, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I would also add that Moult got 15 league goals during the two previous seasons.  

a.thumb.PNG.0acbb9ac813146317d9e81869c8e32fe.PNG

b.thumb.PNG.3b95f641c0bba5b3d8e62b79fb25964b.PNG

He seems to be improving and I would think he'd be a 20+ goal a season striker with us.  

He's the sort of guy we should be signing and making into a better player 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

we should have signed him. I was begging the club to sign him in the transfer window. It was just a no-brainer. Now his value has probably increased to an extent that we probably cant afford him. madness.

can sign him for nothing mate on a pre contract in January

13 minutes ago, watpnosurrender said:

can sign him for nothing mate on a pre contract in January

We should already have him. He will now be on the radar of plenty of clubs - who can all sign him on a pre. A championship club comes in from England and offers wages we cant pay then its goodbye Moult.

50 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

we should have signed him. I was begging the club to sign him in the transfer window. It was just a no-brainer. Now his value has probably increased to an extent that we probably cant afford him. madness.

Totally agree seemed a no brainier!!

Aye, Rangers take a player who is banging in goals and after a few months he becomes sh*t. Morelos was a goal machine till he came here and we soon fixed him. O'Halloran and even Templeton came here and we turned them into donkeys. We'd do just the same with Moult. The players aren't the problem its something about the culture here at Rangers. Getting paid for doing f*ck all. From top to bottom our club is chronically unwell.